Chapter 27
175 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: Is it like an FF curse? When you're about to reach a certain number of chapters, a trial will be given to the author, and it is up to them to solve it and continue the FF or just give up and drop the FF.

~~

Cullens house

ROBIN'S POV

*I'm just saying, Daddy turned when he was 23 years old, and Mommy was 26, Edward was when he was 17... And if the contents of the documents are right, I'll stop aging at 25... I'll be physically older than both Daddy and Eddie* I said as a matter of fact while munching on some dried mangoes that were gifted to Dad by a grateful rich patient.

[AN: It's a special treat from where I'm from, but I'm part of the group of few that don't like it😶]

"Where are you going with this? Regardless of how you'll look, you'll still be the little bird we all know and love, the title never goes away little Liesha" Edward retorted while peeling tangerines for me.

*Well, we were talking about future plans, what I wanted to do in the future, and we had to move eventually because people are going to suspect that somethings up with you three when they see you not aging-* I tried explaining, but Edward interjected.

"Again, relevance to the age thing?" taking a piece of the peeled tangerine and is now trying to feed it to me by hand doing a swimming motion like when one tries to feed a child.

I still ate it, the tangerines are innocent.

*Rude, I wasn't finished you asshole. So future plans, right? So It got me thinking about what I wanted to do with my life in the future, what our family would look like, and other things. I probably would want to travel alone for a while, have my own adventure, then study medicine afterward so I can work with Dad, or enter the music scene as people's composer or producer... I can do it anonymously, and deal with only a few people, so when push comes to shove, I can compel people to forget about me. The family story and relationship will also change in the future because I will look too old to be Mom and Dad's daughter, maybe we can get away with me being either one of you's estranged relatives that suddenly showed up?*

I was trying to reach out for another snack but mom pulled it away from me.

"Drink water, you've been eating all these sweet things without drinking water. It is bad for one's health" Mom reprimanded me.

I gave her an °are you serious look°.

*Mom, I'm a hybrid, I'm nonhuman... I won't get sick... I don't need to be careful with food like humans.*

"Don't get fresh with me young woman, and just to remind you, no matter how old you get, you'll always be my baby... So drink your water." She replied while handing me my glass of water.

"I'm not so sure about the traveling alone part honey, it's dangerous out there... And have you forgotten about the Volturi? We've already told you about them, right? They still have no idea you exist, and we're not sure how they'll react to your existence. The Volturi, for the most part, are just enforcers of the law, our own version of royalty... When they see you, they might end up either killing you, or they'll want to rope you in to join them. We don't regret you coming into our lives, but we did technically break the law by biting you when you were so young... We can't exactly hide that fact when we meet them, Aro, one of the kings has the gift to see everything in people's minds once he touches them, so we may also go on trial or be killed." Dad added to the discussion, worried.

The room got a bit gloomy because of the possibility of me being taken away or all of us being killed for breaking the law.

I am worried about that too, but since this version of Twilight is already an AU due to my existence, it is still a possibility that the Volturi here are just scary-looking but are actually just teddy bears. Plus, I kinda want to see the twins, I want to adopt those poor kids.

*While I do acknowledge the possible danger of meeting them... If Daddy managed to stay there for a while without ending up hating them, and they actually let him leave, albeit reluctantly, who wouldn't want to keep all of this with themselves? For now, I don't think they're as bad as we think.* I stated while directing some attention to Dad.

[AN: we can hope... We can only hope little lesbean😑]

Which lightened the mood in the room, and earned me a chuckle from everyone.

"I still don't like the idea of you traveling alone. Even if we set aside the Volturi... The world is very dangerous, humans can be very cruel, crafty, and dangerous... you also might encounter other vampires, I trust that you can manage one or two of them, but 3 or more altogether would be a challenge, there's a great chance that you'll lose" Edward tried reasoning with me.

While I do acknowledge everything he said, I still want to go out on my own for a while, maybe... Possibly meet Alice and Jasper earlier than in the cannon, I'll pick them up and then go back with them. I kinda want to meet Alice... Edward is nice and all, and he's an awesome brother... But I need a sister, I want a sister, and if the movies and books were to be taken as a reference, Alice and I would get along quite well, and I think I can help with Jasper's thirst for blood like I did with the fam, so yeah.

*I get what you're saying, but I still want to go alone, I'm not a baby anymore, I'm no longer fragile, and you of all people should know that... Besides, it won't be for a few more years... So let's forget about it for now, yeah?* I offered a pause for the subject.

They all agreed and were about to continue doing what they were doing previously but we all stopped when we heard the doorbell ring.

"Were we expecting someone?" Dad asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Then we had a whiff of the scent. Ah.. It's her, she finally came huh.

"You're girlfriend's here, what's the game plan? You're supposed to be sick right? Shouldn't you go and lie down on your bed?" Edward said with a grin.

I gave him the middle finger, which was swatted by my mother looking at me with a stern look, while the forever virgin just laughed at me.

*Sorry Mom. Can you please get the door, tell Rosalie that I'm fine, that she doesn't need to worry about me, and that we're just having a nice family bonding time. If she insists on coming in to see me, which she most definitely will just lead her here* I apologized and asked Mom for a favor.

She gave me an amused look, no doubt wondering what I was planning now. They've been a pretty good sport with all this plan that I and my two other friends have concocted, but I'm pretty sure they are doing it because they think Rosalie is my mate, they've been trying to discuss that possibility with me for a while now, but I just kept dodging the whole subject. Besides, I already told them that even if it does turn out that she is in fact my mate, I will not turn her into a vampire, to which Edward agreed, and my parents understood but were still sad for me.

We all hear Mom doing exactly as I asked, and Rosalie responding as expected... They are now heading towards where we are now.

I'm currently sitting crossed-legged on the floor wearing pants and an oversized shirt, which I sto- ehem - borrowed from his closet. Whaaaaaaat? I like being comfy, my mom initially wasn't fond of my get-up at home, but she let me off whenever it's our weekly family time.

The doors living room's doors opened, and 2 pairs of sapphire-like eyes met... My pink and her purple... Never leaving each other's focus.

Ok, time for a bit of acting. I subtly signaled the others to leave us alone, and they did, as carefully a quietly as possible, so as to not break Rosalie's focus on me. When the rest was out of sight, but definitely still within sensing range, I started the act.

I gave her a questioning look, Stood up, dusted behind, and then looked back at her again.

This brought her back from her daze, and her eyebrows were now furrowed.

"I heard you were very sick... You look fine to me..." She inquired, seemingly confused with the situation. She kept looking me over up and down, still trying to see if I was truly ok.

*Where did you hear that from? Aaaah, the rumor mill... You just decide to not get out for a while and they start to come up with whatever lies they can gossip about. As you can see I'm fine* I said with a raised eyebrow.

"But they said your father kept asking for leave at his work for family reasons, and Isaac was seen leaving your home worried, and Vera was acting all strange and worried when I last saw her..." She blurted out, with an unbelieving look.

*aaaah... Dad did ask for leave for family reasons, he won't admit it, but he did it because he got jealous of how much me, Mom, and my brother get to bond...* I heard my Dad say °Hey, I was not jealous°, and the other vampires just laughed at him. How did you all even see me sign? Oh, via Rosalie's mind..."I also almost laughed at how cute he was being, but I held it in.

*Isaac and Vera were worried because I told them that I was thinking of going live back with my cousins in Alaska, they were trying to talk me out of it. So As you can see, the rumor was all false, I'm fine. You can go back to ignoring my existence.* I continued and unintentionally made the gesture a bit more aggressive, it came off as me being mad at her and am done talking to her.

"Wait... You're leaving? Why? What about your family?..." She asked, it seemed like she was about to say something else, but decided against it.

*They'll stay for a while I guess, we have family there, we came from there before coming here, it's a pretty peaceful place. No judging eyes, people can just be themselves.*

Ok, maybe I am still a bit resentful toward her, but I gotta reign it in... Wooooosha... Woooosha... Breath in... Out... Be the adult in this situation... Wooooosha...

"Is it because of what happened? Is it because of me?" She asked in a small voice, barely above a whisper.

*No... Well, not entirely... What happened, was my fault and you just were unfortunate enough to witness it. I get it, I lied to you, and I know you don't get °my kind°, so I can't blame you for not wanting to be associated with me anymore... Feeling disgusted with me is a normal reaction... I was hurt, yes. But again, I get it. You don't have to feel guilty about anything.* I responded with a look that showed defeat and sadness.

"I'm not disgusted by you! Never! Please believe me! I- I was just shocked, confused, and hurt... I thought I was the closest person to you other than your family... I thought I knew you in and out... But you had to hide that from me... Initially, I felt betrayed that you didn't tell me... Then I thought about Isaac, your relationship with him... I was more confused... then I figured, he might know too... And then I thought if he knew... With how close you three were, and I remembered you three having inside jokes that only I didn't get... Vera knew too.... I was hurt... Then I remembered how I responded when Vera shared about the rumored novel... I felt ashamed... No wonder you didn't want to share it with me." She was now crying while looking at me.

Oh my Lord, she cries pretty too.. Can she be any more perfect... I might want to make her cry again in the future, but not with sadness tho... Fudge... Bad Robin, focus! We're almost there...

[AN: ehehehe... 😏🙈]

She moved to get closer to me and grabbed me by the arms, and looked up at me with pleading eyes... Her eyes are glossy from tears, like gems sparkling... Sooo pretty...

[AN: Bruh... Focus you simp! 😦]

"Don't leave... Stay... I don't want my... My best friend to leave... Please" She pleaded.

Ok, friendzoned aaaaagain... It's fine... Huhuhu.. It doesn't hurt.

Having succeeded with the mission, albeit being unknowingly rejected by the target, all I could do was nod and smile at her... And then gave her a hug, to comfort °my best friend°.

'Woe is my life.' I thought to myself while still embracing my first love, heartbreak, and BFF.

~~

AN: to be friend-zoned again and again... Yikes.

I'm going to be shameless since I was advised that I should do it... Since it would still be the person's choice to donate or not. If you wish to send support... Just if... here's my PayPal link: 👇

https://www.paypal.me/EmphieIchini

9