Chapter 5: City of Devils
423 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anything you recognize isn't mine. I only own the OCs and some other things. Credits go to their original owners.

Volume 1: The Misfits of Kuoh Academy

April 17, 2023

???

Isami Hyoudou awoke abruptly, finding herself in the middle of a white void. Sweat beaded on her forehead, her skin prickling with the intense heat that radiated around her. Slowly, she turned her head, her heart pounding in her chest, to see crimson flames of pure, condensed heat burning the ground nearby.

As she strained her eyes through the smoke emitted by the flames, Isami's fear surged upon seeing the outline of a M A S S I V E figure walking through the inferno. A deep, rough growl rumbled from the figure, sending shivers down her spine.

Backing away, Isami stumbled over her own feet and fell to the ground. She laid there, frozen in terror, her wide eyes fixed on whatever creature was going to probably devour her in this void.

"So, you're my current host...Very well, you'll do." The figure said in a rumbly, beastly voice that made her skin jump.

As the flames subsided, Isami finally got a clear glimpse of the creature's full appearance. A large Western dragon with a long neck, its crimson scales gleaming in the dim light of the void. Its formidable presence seemed to fill the entire space, and she could feel the weight of its green eyes boring into her, as if peering straight through her soul.

"A d-dragon?!" Isami shouted in fear.

"I'm not just any dragon, girl!" The red dragon roared with anger at being called a mere dragon, causing Isami to cower in fear even more. "Mountains crumble, seas part and the earth splits with just a flick of my tail! My presence alone instills fear in the hearts of many! I am the one who caused havoc during the Great War and forced the Three Great Factions to combine their strength in order to defeat me and seal me in this thrice-damned artifact! I am the Red Dragon of Domination! I am Y Ddraig Goch!"

"And you, puny human, are my current host, so I expect the best from you, or else..." Ddraig threatened Isami, who looked like she was about to piss herself.

"But, I don't even know what you expect from me!" Isami shouted, causing her to clamp her mouth shut in fear of being burned alive by the actual dragon in front of her.

Seeing Isami's expression of unadulterated fear and slight confusion, Ddraig couldn't help but sigh in annoyance. All of his previous hosts started as weak little humans who have the potential to be his most powerful host, and his current one is no different, she just needed the right help is all.

"What I expect from you is to grow into a strong and mighty dragon! To be powerful enough to defeat the White One and his current host!" The Dragon of Domination demanded of her. "You have to grow strong, since that damn crow isn't going to be the only enemy you'll be making from here on out."

Isami, once hearing that, was brought out of her fear and changed her facial expression into one of sadness when she remembered Yuuma's betrayal. Ddraig seeing this and sensing his host's emotions knew that remembering and moving on from such an event wasn't an easy task. But, he didn't want to be soft on his host, she was walking into a world filled with dangerous monsters that even that crow would be the least of her problems.

"Girl, I know that you're going through a lot right now, but you have to train from now on if you don't want any of that to happen again." Ddraig consoled her in his own special way.

Isami, taking in all the information the ancient dragon was giving her, decided to take those words and keep them deep within her mind where she could process what was happening to her. Hold up, how was she even speaking with a dragon? Lifting her head and staring right into the Dragon's eyes, Isami asked a quick question.

"Wait a second, how can I even speak to you?"

Ddraig knew that such a question was coming and was about to tell her until he realized that Isami was beginning to disappear from the mindscape.

"I'll give you your answers soon once you awaken your Sacred Gear, girl. So hurry up, I'll be waiting."

With that said, Isami finally disappeared from her mindscape, leaving the ancient dragon alone to huff in annoyance. With how pathetically weak his host was, he was going to have a difficult time with his current host, that's for sure. But then again, the weak are the ones who become strong in the end.
________________________________

Isami's Bedroom, Hyoudou Residence

Fluttering her eyes open, Isami could feel a pair of soft things on her back. Turning around, she saw that her best friend, Chelsea Toussaint, was laying down behind her with none of her clothes on her. Thus, allowing her to see what the pair of soft things on her back really was.

Isami, whose mind is certainly in the right track after talking to a literal dragon, did the only sensible thing to do in this scenario.

"AHHHHHH!"

She screamed at the top of her lungs, using her arms to cover herself for some unknown reason. But when she felt her smooth silky skin instead of the soft fabric of her clothes, she realized one thing...

"AHHHHHH!"

...she was naked too.

"Isami? What's going on?" Isami froze as she heard the voice of her best friend beside her. Chelsea yawned and rubbed her eyes.

Before Isami could say anything, her door was kicked down by her very own mother who was holding a frying pan.

"Alright, someone's gonna die for hurting my...daughter." She spoke with righteous motherly fury when she thought that someone was hurting her daughter, but trailed off as she saw the state the two girls were in.

Naturally, she did the only thing she could have done.

"AHHHHHH!"

The mother screamed, her scream being twice as loud as her daughter that it was heard throughout the City, causing the birds to fly away in herds.
________________________________

Old School Building, Kuoh Academy

After another day in metaphorical hell, the Misfits were making their way to their meeting place whilst conversing with one another. The only change among them was that Adrian now had his katana with him, in case things get awry.

"I wonder what the Devils will do to try and get us in their peerages." Kate said, twirling the end of one of her two thick locks of hair.

"Maybe they'll try and challenge us in a fight, with the condition being that we join them if we lose." Chelsea said, her own ashen white hair dead-straight and shining.

"That is a possibility." Kate responded. "Or maybe they'd try and kill us in our sleep and then reincarnate us afterwards."

"Do you really think they'd be desperate enough to do that?"

"Not these Devils, no. But the more greedy ones though, once they see a glimpse of our power, they will be."

"Really?"

"Yeah," Chris said, joining in on the conversation. "Kate's always right, remember? Laws of the Universe?"

"Oh yeah!" Chelsea laughed, remembering a particularly strange conversation the group had six months ago. The Laws of the Universe include:

1. Kate knows everything and is always right,

2. Math will always be hard,

3. Anything horrible is always the second worst thing to happen to orphans,

4. Everytime Adrian sighs, the universe gets closer to destruction,

5. Jolo will never stop burning things down,

and,

6. A desert is half a beach.

They continue conversing with each other as they soon arrived at the old school building, and waiting out in the front was Isami and a rather attractive blonde-haired boy beside her.

"Hey, Isa." Chelsea greeted, but Isami only crossed her arms and looked away with a huff. "Are you still giving me the silent treatment? Look, I said I was sorry." Chelsea said with an amused tone.

"Still doesn't excuse what you did. My mother was traumatized because of you!" Isami said, still not looking at Chelsea. Poor Mama Hyoudou was speechless when she saw her baby girl with another girl, naked, on her bed, and didn't utter another sound for the whole time they had breakfast.

"It was the only way for me to heal you fast enough." Chelsea said. Although it was a lie, Isami didn't need to know that.

"Really?" Isami asked, buying the lie.

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yup."

"Positive?"

"HIV positive."

Isami looked at her scrutinizingly for a few seconds before sighing. "Fine, I forgive you." Isami begrudgingly said.

Chelsea just gave a simple thumbs up in response. Suddenly, she heard a voice speak from the side.

"Um, hi?"

Turning to her right, she saw the blonde-haired boy beside Isami. He wore the school's male version of the uniform and had a charming smile on his face. A normal girl would've fallen for such a smile, but Chelsea was anything but normal. "Oh, you...who are you again?"

The boy sweatdropped and his smile faltered for a second before he straightened it. "I'm Yuuto Kiba. My King asked me to guide all of you to the clubroom once you arrived." The blonde introduced himself as Yuuto Kiba, the Prince of Kuoh Academy and the Knight of Rias Gremory.

"Well, we're all here, so lead the way, Kiba-san." Adrian responded.

"Then right this way, please." Yuuto responded as the five Misfits and Isami followed him inside the old building. The old building was surprisingly pristine, meaning that it was cleaned often. There was nothing out of order, everything was in place. They soon stopped in front of a door with the sign of the club name placed in bold letters.

OCCULT RESEARCH CLUB

As Kiba opened the door, he revealed that there were odd signs and words in every area of the room, which the Misfits, being experts in the field, recognized as magical sigils and circles. There were a couple of Victorian-styled sofas and desks, with the main one sitting at the end of the room.

Sitting down on the center couch was the Club President and a Third-Year student, Rias Gremory, but she wasn't alone. Sitting next to her was the Student Council President and another Third-Year student, Souna Shitori, or as she was known to the Devils, Sona Sitri.

Both of them were High-Class Devils of both the Gremory and Sitri Clans, two households of the 72 Pillars that survived both the Great War and the Devil Civil War, along with being Kings who run their own Peerages.

Standing next to Rias was her Queen, Akeno Himejima, and standing next to Sona was her Queen, Tsubaki Shinra, who attends the same class as their Kings.

Looking around, they both noticed a small white-haired girl sitting on a sofa while munching on a treat without a sound. Like a feline eating it's snack.

"Ah of course. It can't be a softcore hentai disguised as a harem anime without a loli. So who is this?" Breaking the silence, Jolo bluntly spoke what was on his mind.

"This is Koneko Toujou, a 1st year. She is also Kuoh Academy's unofficial mascot. While she doesn't talk that much, she's not as cold as she presents herself to be." Kiba introduced his friend and fellow club member. "Koneko-chan, these are the ones that Buchou talked about."

"Ah. Nice to meet you." Koneko said in her usual monotone voice before her eyes zeroed in on Adrian. This caused a slight blush to appear on her two cheeks. "Adrian-senpai..." She muttered loud enough for everyone to hear.

Adrian smiled at her, causing her cheeks to get even warmer. "Hello, Koneko. Are you still having trouble with your studies?" He said as he proceeded to seat beside her.

"Uh no, I'm doing fine sempai."

"That's good to know." He then pointed to her chocolate bar. "Can I have some?"

She glared at him, as if to say "Really?", but sighed and conceded. Breaking her chocolate bar in half, she gave the other half to Adrian and the two began munching on their snack.

"Huh, that's rare for Koneko to be sharing with someone." Kiba said in surprise. "Oh where are my manners? Please sit down."

"Sure thing, Gay Guy." Jolo said as he took a seat on the couch in front of the two Devil heiresses while his siblings and Isami sat on the other couches.

Kiba, on the other hand, was a bit offended by the nickname Jolo had given him.

"Gay Guy?!"

"Yeah, you look like a dude that came out from one of those yaoi Manhwa that girls love to read nowadays." Jolo said before gaining an irritated look. "Still don't know why they love it so much. It's, uh, what's a right word I can use so that I won't sound like a dick?"

"You just don't get us girls, Jolo. We love some same sex action." Chelsea said with her arms crossed.

"If you want some same sex action then just read yuri. It's way more hotter and more acceptable in the current society."

"So when boys make out with each other, it's disgusting. But when girls do it, it's hot. That doesn't seem fair."

"Life isn't fair, so deal with it."

"Ahem!"

A fake cough got the two siblings' attention as they saw that everyone in the room were watching them quarrel the entire time. Some were annoyed, like Sona, and others, mostly everyone, were amused.

"If you don't mind, please, we have a LOT of questions to ask, so why not introduce yourselves and move along." Being the no-nonsense person that she was, Sona demanded that they get this meeting started. That way, the questions that have been nagging her since last night when Rias called can finally be answered.

Adrian, another no-nonsense person (read: boomer), was thankful for the demand and responded respectfully. "Thank you, Lady Sitri." He then looked at Jolo. "Brother, why don't you introduce yourself first? You are the oldest and it's only proper we introduce ourselves after you do."

"Very well, even though most of the people here know me already. My name is Jolo Toussaint, oldest sibling and the leader of this gang of misfits, pleasure to meet you."

"I'm Adrian Toussaint, second oldest-" Jolo chuckled, "-and the smarter twin of this idiot named Jolo." Now, Jolo took offense and simply flipped him off. "Love you too, bro."

With the two older Misfits done with their introductions and slight banter, everyone in the room looked at the younger Misfits waiting for theirs.

"'Sup, I'm Chris."

Everyone just sweatdropped at the short and simple introduction. Although it can't be helped, he was known to be extremely lazy after all.

"I'm Kate Toussaint, love studying, hate it when these buffoons interrupt my study time, nice to meet ya."

"I'm Chelsea Toussaint and I don't trust any of you." Chelsea said nonchalantly, making the Devils sweatdrop again.

"I suppose I'll start for the both of us?" Sona suggested to her friend, who nodded. "Very well. I'm Sona Sitri, heiress of the Sitri Clan of the 72 Pillars and one of the Second Owners of Kuoh City. While in the Human World, I'm known as Souna Shitori, President of the Student Council. With me is my Queen, Tsubaki Shinra."

"A pleasure."

"Am I correct to assume that you are a descendant of the same Great Prince of Hell mentioned in Solomon's Ars Goetia?" Kate asked, causing Sona to nod. She then turned to Rias. "So that also means that you come from the same family line as Duke Gremory?"

"She was my ancestor, but yes, I'm of her line." Rias confirmed. "With me are my Peerage. First is my Queen, Akeno Himejima, also known as the Priestess of Thunder."

"Fufufu~, a pleasure."

"And as I'm sure you know, my Knight, Yuuto Kiba."

"It is an honor to meet all of you."

"And my Rook, Koneko Toujou."

"...hello."

"And of course, there's me. Rias Gremory, the heiress of the Pillar of Gremory." Rias spoke with a mischievous smile. "We Devils welcome you all to the Occult Research Club."

Then, in tandem, every one of the Devils in the room underwent a change. It wasn't a drastic one, but it was still a major one, for behind all of their backs, Sona's and Tsubaki's included, were a pair of leather, black pinions resembling the wings of bats.

It was from here that Isami back pedaled in shock as flashes of the incident that happened yesterday came back to her.

Black wings. Bloodlust. Yuuma with a spear. Chelsea and Jolo saving her.

Before she realized it, she was hyperventilating.

The blood-curling smile Yuuma gave her brought forth a chill. Her hands shook uncontrollably. Her heart was dancing in her chest, threatening to fall apart.

Quickly noticing what's happening, Chelsea took action immediately as she placed her hand on her forehead as Isami looked at her. "You okay, Isa?" She asked worriedly.

"I apologize if we caused you some discomfort." Sona said. "Would you like us to hide our wings?"

"Please do." Chelsea answered without looking back.

Their faces turned sympathetic as their wings vanished from sight. The image of what happened back at the park was still fresh in her mind, but it was less prominent. She closed her eyes and took an intake of breath. This wasn't the park. She was not threatened. Both of her saviors were here. Nothing was gonna hurt her.

"You okay now?" Isami saw the worried look Chelsea was giving her as she asked the question.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just need to uh...steady my breathing."

"If you say so." Chelsea was unconvinced but moved to go back to her seat.

"S-So...you're Devils?" Isami tried to speak. "As in, Fallen Angels? Holy Angels who sinned and got banished to hell?"

Kiba chuckled wryly. "Not quite. Devils and Fallen Angels are two entirely different species. I believe you understand that firsthand last night."

"It is as Kiba said. Devils and Fallen Angels are two different species that have been at war with each other since ancient times, along with the Angels who reside in Heaven." Rias said. "This culminated into a catastrophic conflict known as the Great War. The Three Factions of the Abrahamic Pantheon engaged each other in a destructive war that would bring about the deaths of many. It was a long and terrible conflict, and eventually, other races were dragged into the mix. From Dragons, to Youkais, Fairies, and even Gods, just to name a few. The Humans were the most prominent."

Isami swallowed a dry lump in her throat. "A-And how did it end?"

"A stalemate." Kiba answered with sorrow. "Many lives were lost. Including the original Maou and many Noble families. Following that, there was a ceasefire between all sides. Since then, the Supernatural World has been in a state of peace and recovery, however small and little. A non-aggression pact was signed by the leaders of the Three Factions but small skirmishes still happen from time-to-time."

"So ya'll are basically in a state of cold war with one another?" Jolo asked and all the Devils nodded at the brief summarization he gave.

"Yes, but us Devils are more hostile and aggressive to the Fallen Angels for many reasons." Sona responded. "One of them is that both species are fighting for control over the Underworld, or Hell as human books call it, in which we reside. You see, the Underworld is divided into two areas, one for the Devils and one for the Fallen Angels."

"The Devils form pacts with humans and receive their sacrifices and increase their strength. The Fallen Angels on the other hand control humans to eliminate Devils. Sometimes they even kill our clients out of spite." Rias said, annoyed at what the Fallen Angels do against them.

"Uh...This is kind of a lot to take in, honestly. Is this what members of the Occult Research Club do?" Isami asked as she scratched the back of her head nervously.

"Oh, no. The ORC is just a camouflage. It's little more than a hobby, really." Rias waved off her anxiety.

"In summary, you were killed by the enemy. And yes, that girl existed, but erased all evidence and records regarding herself." Sona said as she readjusted her glasses.

"The reason why she approached you is so she could check if there is a dangerous thing inside you." Rias continued. "She must have received a weak response from it. That's why she took her time to inspect you. Then she confirmed it. That you were a human who possessed a Sacred Gear."

"Sacred Gear? What's that?"

"It's a mysterious power bestowed upon certain humans." Kiba replied. "For example, most of the people whose names are recorded in history are said to be possessors of a Sacred Gear. They used the power of their Sacred Gear to etch their names on history itself, being remembered as legends and myths."

"Like who?"

"King Arthur, Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, Atilla the Hun, Genghis Khan, Oda Nobunaga, the list goes on." Akeno supplied.

"Woah!" Isami said in awe. Of course she knew who these people were, especially Oda Nobunaga who was the first Great Unifier of Japan.

"Does that list also include Hitler?" Jolo asked, although he already knew the answer. He just wanted to fuck with everyone.

As expected, the Devils did not know how to respond to that. Of course they knew the answer but they didn't want to say it lest they sound like an absolute dick. After a while, however, one of the Devils decided to answer the question.

"...Yes, Hitler did have a Sacred Gear." Sona answered hesitantly. "However, we don't know which Sacred Gear he had."

"...Nice." Jolo simply replied. He knew what it was and he can't wait for the day when these Devils find out what it was.

"Moving on from...that, let's try a little experiment. Isa, please stand up and close your eyes." Rias instructed.

The ever-so-confused Isami did as instructed.

Rias: "Now, imagine the strongest thing that comes to your mind."

Isami: "Strongest thing? Like Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku?"

Jolo: "I'm offended."

Chelsea: "Hush, brother."

Rias: "Yes, exactly! Now imagine him in a particular pose where he looks like he's at his strongest."

Isami: "Sure..."

Rias: "Now mimic that pose."

Isami: "Wait, what?!"

Rias: "Yes, mimic the pose. You have to imagine it strongly, okay? You cannot hold back."

Isami was visibly hesitant to do it, especially since she practically see the grin on Chelsea's face even with her eyes closed. Deciding that it would be (probably) worth it, she struck a familiar pose and cried out.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

There was a brief silence...that Chelsea broke by laughing out loud. Isami did her best to ignore the laughter as Rias merely nodded to herself.

"Now, open your eyes. In this place which is a centre of Demonic Power, your Sacred Gear will be awakened more easily."

Doing as instructed, Isami opened her eyes just as an emerald flash of light appeared. Everyone in the room watch as the light fade, revealing a large red gauntlet with a green jewel at the center that covered her left arm.

"Is this a Sacred Gear?" Isami asked in awe and slight trepidation.

"Yes, and it belongs to you. Once it appears, you can use it anywhere and anytime as you will. The Fallen Angel, Amano Yuuma, saw your Sacred Gear as a threat and therefore tried to kill you." Sona replied with a small smirk as she readjusted her glasses.

"R-Really?!"

"Yes." Rias confirmed. "Thankfully, Jolo and Chelsea were able to save you before she could." She then gazed at the two aforementioned humans briefly before turning back to the Sacred Gear Wielder in front of her. "Which is why I'm going to propose an offer to you. Join me and be reborn as a Devil. As my servant Devil, that is." Rias said, shocking Isami.

"Wait, what? You want me to become your servant?" Isami had to ask, to which Rias nodded.

"Yes, Isami. I see great potential in you and I want to help you unleash your full potential. As a member of my peerage, you will be given great opportunities in life. With the use of the Evil Pieces created by Lord Beelzebub, you can be reincarnated as a Devil of my household."

Isami blinked at that. "Wait, reincarnate?"

"Since the Devils were also badly hurt by the Great War, we lost many great Devils, and some of the 72 Pillars, the noble houses of the Underworld, have even gone extinct with only their banners as their legacies." Rias answered. "The Great Satan Beelzebub came up with a solution to combat the dwindling numbers: reincarnate humans and other species into our fold. Using these Evil Pieces, they're given a second chance at whatever life they once lead."

"In other words, you're basically taking humans and turning them into Devils to increase your numbers." Chris stated with a cold tone, surprising everyone who wasn't his sibling.

"More or less." Sona answered. "But please remember, we give them the choice to join us. It's up to them to decide whether or not they wish to relinquish their humanity."

"And?" Isami asked with a nervous tone. "How are they treated?"

"It depends on the one reincarnating them." Rias answered. "Our household, the Gremory, treats them like family. However..."

Sona continued for Rias with a cold expression. "...there are some who still think of humans as little more than useless garbage, with only their Sacred Gear as their saving grace. The same goes for any other being who chooses to be reincarnated. We don't only accept humans to become Devils. And I'm sorry to say that there are a great many in our society that use the Reincarnated Devils for personal gain, or view them as worthless. At worst, a plague to the purity of Devils."

"Hesus fucking Cristo, those Devils are stupid." Jolo frowned. "Ya'll are going extinct and they still treat Reincarnated Devils as trash."

Upon hearing the reply, Isami gulped. She looked at her best friend for help, and she was fine with giving her input.

"Honestly, I don't trust Devils and their honeyed words but I think Rias is a good master. I mean, her peerage seems genuinely happy with their fates as one of the damned. Plus, as a member of an heiress' peerage, you can get extra protection from people like Yuuma." Isami unconsciously shivered at the mention of that name. "There are many pros and cons but ultimately, the choice is up to you."

Isami pondered over her best friend's words. She decided that the best course of action was to ask what the pros and cons were. Turning to the redhead, Isami asked, "What are the pros of being a Devil?"

The red-haired heiress was happy to answer. "Well for starters, you get to have a longer lifespan than most humans, wings that give you the ability to fly, an increase in magical power, the ability to understand all human languages, and the chance to achieve a higher rank in Devil society. Meaning, should you be promoted to a High-Class Devil, then you can have your very own peerage of servants like myself!" Rias answered gleefully.

"So, if they're servants, they'll obey me, right?" Isami asked with a perverted smile. "They'll do anything I order them to do?"

"Of course." Rias answered.

"Even perverted things?!"

Koneko sighed in annoyance at that question, but Rias answered anyway.

"If they're your servants, then why not?"

"Score! I'm in!"

"Bitch, you better shut your perverted ass up before I whoop it so hard, sitting is gonna hurt for you!" Isami instantly shut her mouth. "Now ask for the cons before instantly accepting the offer, you dumbass."

"Fine. The cons?" 

"Since you'll be reincarnated into a Devil, anything holy-related is your weakness. Simply saying the G-word will give you headaches and the Light Weapons wielded by the Angels, the Fallen, and the Church's Exorcists can fatally wound you if you're hit."

"G-word? You mean God?"

Every Devil in the room gave a slight flinch while holding their heads. Sona glared at Isami, who covered her mouth.

"Yes, that." Sona said coldly.

"So? What is your answer, Isami Hyoudou?" Rias asked, slightly leaning forward in anticipation after her migraine faded away.

"...To be honest, you already had me at the servants part. I'll be in your care from now on, Buchou." Isami said, bowing her head at her master-to-be.

"Excellent. Welcome to the family, Isa-chan!" Rias said excitedly.

"Ara, ara. A new member. It's been so long!" Akeno said as cheerfully as her King.

"Don't worry, Hyoudou-san. You shall be protected in our care." Kiba said with a bow.

"Pervert." Koneko said, bluntly.

"You can reincarnate Hyoudou-san later. For now, we should move on to the next issue on our list." Sona said as she turned to the five Misfits, making all of the Devils do the same.

"I suppose it's our turn now?" Jolo asked with a calm smile, as if being in front of actual Devils has no effect on him at all.

"Yes, Rias and I have a few questions we would like you to answer."

"Shoot."

"First of all, we want to know what's your purpose in being in our territory." Rias asked seriously.

"Is it okay if I answer for all of us?" Adrian asked his siblings, who simply shrugged. "Alright then. I'll be blunt, I'm part of a secret organization that seeks to protect all of humanity from any threat, be it supernatural, paranormal, interdimensional and even extraterrestrial." He said, shocking everyone in the room, and I meant everyone. Even his siblings were surprised, although for a different reason.

"Like the Men in Black?" Isami asked in awe.

"Yes, like them. While I'm an actual member of said organization, my siblings are more or less affiliates. An independent team that my organization can call upon to get the job done if the job is too dangerous."

"I see...so you were aware of our true identities way before you came here." Sona asked once the shock faded.

"Pretty much. That, and we don't need to be part of a secret organization to know you're Devils. You're auras kinda gave it away."

"And you're otherworldly beauty, of course." Jolo quickly added with a smirk. The Devils' expressions were still guarded but a small blush appeared on their cheeks.

"To answer your earlier question, we have reason to believe that this city will be the epicenter of many supernatural events that will shape the current world order. In order to make sure nothing horrible happens to the humans living here, I and my siblings relocated here to keep them, and everyone else, safe."

"I can personally assure you that the humans here are well-taken care of. But we do appreciate the help." Sona responded.

"You should've told us from the beginning. This is our territory after all." Rias said with a frown.

At that, the Misfits collectively laughed. The Devils, especially the Gremory ones, all frowned at the perceived mockery.

"While that is true, Lady Gremory," Adrian spoke politely, calming down from laughing. "You and Lady Sitri are just renting this city from the Shinto Pantheon. That, and we have this."

He then pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket as his siblings followed suit. He handed it over to Sona.

"What's this?" Sona asked, curious at the contents of the parchment.

"A contract signed by the Sun Goddess, Amaterasu, herself, that allows us to roam the entirety of Japan unhindered." Adrian replied calmly, causing the Devils to widen their eyes.

"H-How?"

"Jolo used to be a mercenary back then. He took jobs from a lot of factions, both supernatural and mundane, as long as they pay well." Adrian said, causing everyone to look at Jolo with surprise.

"Yup, and I was pretty good at it too. When I took a job from the Shinto Gods, I received authorization to travel anywhere in Japan with no interruptions." Jolo said with pride. "When my siblings decided to settle down here, I pulled a few favors and got my siblings the same contract as I do."

"I see." Sona said with a frown. Since Kuoh was still Shinto territory that they are just renting, that meant that the Misfits had more authority than them in their own land.

That was a blow to their pride.

"Well, anything else?"

"How much of a threat are you?" Sona was quick to ask. "From what Rias told me, Jolo was strong enough to knock out a Fallen Angel with only one kick. And if he was a good enough mercenary to earn Amaterasu's favor, I can only imagine how powerful you all really are."

"Hmm. A good question, but one not easily answered I'm afraid. All of us are strong, strong enough to wipe out an entire pantheon by ourselves. But at the end of the day, it depends on who you're dealing with and what mood they're in. Kate and Chelsea are probably the least of your problems, more so Kate than Chelsea since all she wants to do is to study all the time."

"Like a fucking nerd!" Jolo added provocatively, eliciting a reaction from his sister who blew him a raspberry.

"Ahem. Yes, that. Anyways, there are times that Chelsea could be a bit of a handful. Sometimes when she's bored, she'd summon an acne parade of little demon imps to wreak havoc or use her magic to make people randomly nut. But it's better that those scenarios happen rather than a repeat of the 'Eldritch Incident' as my organization dubbed it." Adrian said as he slightly glared at Chelsea during the last part, causing the girl to look away with her arms crossed and a huff.

"I don't get why you're still on my case about that. I solved the problem, didn't I? I made a covenant with her and she's hasn't hurt anybody too badly ever since."

"It's quite hilarious considering you swore to defend this planet from beings like her, and yet you allowed one of them to enter our world." Kate told her twin sister.

"Har, har, very funny." Chelsea said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes.

"Excuse me, but if you don't mind me asking, what is the Eldritch Incident?" Sona asked curiously.

"Hmm. What happened during said incident isn't something I can tell you. It's one of our organization's most classified secrets. But what I can tell you, is that it's connected to the various calamities that plagued the planet almost two years ago." Adrian revealed, causing everyone in the room to be shocked once again. Everyone knew what happened back in 2021. Destruction and death bedeviled the planet. Calamities struck and tragedies occurred. The older siblings of Rias and Sona urged them to spend their Christmas in the Underworld because of this. To have two of the Great Satans worried about this catastrophe, it must mean that this "Eldritch Incident" was worse than they thought.

'Just what happened two years ago?' Rias couldn't help but wonder, and it wasn't just her, but every Devil in the room as well.

"Moving back to the topic." Adrian said, bringing them out of their thoughts. "Now as much I loathe to admit it, we bois are the greatest of your problems. Chris is by far the most tame out of the three of us, but if you provoke him in any way he'd cause a lot of damage to the entire city so it's in your best interests that doesn't happen."

"Agreed. Any tips on how to not provoke him?"

"Just don't mention the importance of governments to me and we're good." Chris answered.

"He has a massive hate boner for governments." Jolo helpfully provided.

"...That's a crude way to put it but, yes. Chris is a certified anarchist. He's even blocked by NATO on Twitter for something he did back then. If he sees anything resembling a government he'd blow it up and make a fireworks show out of it."

"I see. I'll take that under consideration."

"As for me, the more damage to the city is done, the more paperwork I have to do, and I hate paperwork." Adrian's tone took a venomous change at the mention of paperwork before reverting back to it's usual neutral sound. "So you don't have to worry about me."

"What about Jolo?" This time, it was Rias who asked.

"Annoy me and I destroy the entire continent of Asia with just a snap of my fingers."

"Pretty much. Jolo is the most powerful and the most dangerous out of all of us. But he's not petty enough to kill if you accidentally bump into him or anything like that. He has great self-control over his genocidal tendencies."

"I see. So the three boys will be the most problematic to handle?"

"Yes."

"Sometimes."

"Definitely."

Again, those were the responses of Adrian, Jolo, and Chris respectively.

"That leads me to my next question. What are your abilities?"

"Kate, wanna take the wheel?"

"Fine. But only because I want to spend the entire night in the library as compensation." Kate drawled. "Before I start, I'd like to say that I won't reveal all of our abilities in this sitting as we are entitled to keep a few secrets. I'll only say the ones we use on a frequent basis. Will that be okay?" Once the Devils nodded, she continued. "Good. Let's start with Chelsea first since she's pretty basic. Out of the five of us, Chelsea is the most proficient in anything related to magic. I specialize in stealth and assassination. Chris has godlike super-strength. Adrian is a once-in-a-lifetime genius in the art of the blade, a master swordsman whose skill with a sword is unparalleled." Now, that got Kiba's attention.

"You never specified what magics Chelsea know about." Akeno reminded her.

"All of them. She has mastered any and all magics types in this world."

"Now what about Jolo? What does he specialize in?" Rias asked in curiosity albeit warily. She was very interested in knowing what power her friend holds. Whether it would be dangerous to her and her family, however, still remains to be seen.

"Well that's just the thing. Jolo doesn't specialize in anything. He is the "jack of all trades, master of none" type of guy. He'll fight with either his weapons or with his bare fists, or use magic depending on his current mood."

"So are we done here?" Adrian asked as he looked at his watch.

"Just one more thing. I propose that we establish an alliance between us." Sona said as she readjusted her glasses. "Since you're powerful enough to take care of yourselves, I'm sure you would not agree to join either mine or Rias' peerage, so an alliance is the most optimal option for all of us."

The talks for an alliance soon began. It took about two minutes of negotiation but it was soon finished. An alliance between the two Devil peerages and the Misfits was established, with the three helping each other in keeping the city and it's people safe from those who wish to do them harm. One of the conditions of their alliance was that Rias and Sona cannot tell their older siblings about them until they revealed themselves to the Supernatural. Adrian also told them about their protection of the three Fallen Angels, which made the Devils frown, especially Akeno. However, he told them that they swore not to hurt anymore innocent people, which lessened their frown, with the exception of Akeno's though.

With the signing of a Geass Contract specially made by Chelsea, the alliance was made, and what happens in Kuoh, stays in Kuoh.

Rias coughed to get their attention, succeeding in doing so. "Now then, Misfits. It has come to my attention that you are not members of any club. Which is why I politely ask the five of you to join the Occult Research Club." Rias offered with a slight bow.

The Misfits all looked at each other before looking back at Rias. "Well, I'm joining. What about you guys?" Jolo answered first.

"I guess I'm joining as well. Someone has to keep you out of trouble." Adrian joins the party as well.

Chris had fallen asleep prior to this so his siblings answered for him, the answer being yes.

"Can I borrow a few books on Demonology?" Knowing Kate's hobby (read: obsession) with studying, Rias nodded. "Nice."

"As long as we don't have to hand out leaflets like glorified paperboys." Chelsea set a condition.

"You won't. That job is for newly-reincarnated Devils only anyways." Rias assured her.

"Well then, I guess I'm in as well."

Rias clapped her hands happily. "Great! Welcome to the club fellas!" Rias welcomed her new club members. Likewise, the other club members gave their greetings as well.

Akeno: "Fufu. How wonderful. I would be so very sad if I couldn't keep you guys around, you know."

Koneko: "Yay."

Kiba: "I'm glad that you all agreed to the offer. I hope we all get along."

Jolo looked outside the window to see that it had already turned dark. "Seven hells, it's night already? What time is it?"

Adrian looked at his watch. "It's...7:30 PM."

"It seems we have to go already. Rias, Sona, everybody, we'll see you guys tomorrow." The Devils nodded.

"Okay, just remember to be in the clubroom after classes tomorrow for Isami's initiation." Rias told her new club members, who nodded as well.

"Alright, we'll leave Isami in your hands." Chelsea then turned to her best friend. "See you tomorrow, Isa. And good luck."

"See ya."

With that said, the five Misfits went in the center of the room and Chelsea casted a Magic Circle to teleport them back to their residence. With one last wave to the Devils and the Devil-to-be, the Misfits disappeared.
________________________________

Adrian's Office, Misfits Mansion

Adrian leaned back in his chair, his fingers steepled in front of him, while Jolo sat in front of him, drinking a bottle of Bourbon whiskey. The two were conversing about the recent developments while they're siblings were in their rooms, sleeping peacefully.

"Are you sure about this?" Jolo asked idly. "Revealing the Organization's existence to the Devils? I thought the whole point of a secret organization was to stay secret."

"They were going to find out about it sooner or later. I simply sped up the date instead of delaying the inevitable. Besides, it's not like they're going to tell anyone about it. The contract will make sure of that." Adrian replied calmly.

"What about the rest of the Board? Did they agree with your course of action?"

"Of course, though it was a 50/50." Adrian admitted. "So I had one of our auxiliaries be the tie breaker."

"Ah. I see." Jolo closed the bottle with its cap and put it on Adrian's table. "It's a risky course of action, which is why I find it surprising that you'll go with it."

Adrian nodded thoughtfully, his expression serious. "I understand the risks, but desperate times call for desperate measures. We need allies if we're going to have any hope of standing against the threats we're facing. And the Devils might just be our best shot."

"Euthanasia..." Jolo mused, remembering the the number one headache of Adrian's organization. "And of course, the Khaos Brigade."

"Exactly." Adrian confirmed. "We can't take them on ourselves. The Organization's influence has weakened a bit over the decades, but our military power more than makes up for it." His gaze then shifted slightly. "Which reminds me, how's your aide by the way? The last time I saw her was when she dropped us off at your private airfield."

"I sent her on a trip around the world to find possible recruits for the faction I'm making." Jolo said, dropping a figurative bomb.

Adrian blinked. "A faction? You're creating your own supernatural faction?"

"Yup."

"...Okay, why?"

"Because why not."

"Jolo, I asked you a serious question."

"Yeah, and I gave you a serious (at least by my standards) answer."

Adrian sighed in frustration, before using every braincell he had in his brain to comprehend Jolo's decision. His brother never had a set goal in life, always going with the flow.

However, whenever Jolo sets his sights on a certain thing, be it a goal, an item, or simply a desire, that is out of his reach, he can craft meticulous schemes that will allow him to get whatever he wants.

One of the reasons why everyone who knew Jolo feared him so much was because of his intellect. The Misfits are all geniuses or prodigies at a certain thing. Chelsea at magic, Kate at chess and academics, Chris at painting, him with a blade, and Jolo with his scheming. He was cunning enough to destabilize an entire nation after acquiring a certain amount of "dirt" on said nation all by himself.

His happy, go-lucky, friendly personality can be considered as both his true self and a facade. After all, who would think that someone as carefree and cheerfully irresponsible as Jolo could be smart enough to destroy their faction while only using their faction's own people against them?

If he created a supernatural faction, one that could topple any other faction with ease, and he just up and decided to take over the Supernatural World one day, then there's nothing anyone could do about it. The moment he'd wage that kind of war, then his victory was sealed.

'Not to mention, his inventions...' Adrian grimaced. Jolo had recently gotten a new hobby in the form of engineering mass weapons of destruction. He first started with advanced weaponry, such as a thirty-barrel railgun or a pistol that can shoot a small, bullet-sized nuke, before moving on with giant humanoid war machines that can be piloted by a human. 'I wouldn't be surprised if he recreated the Imperator Titan from 40K just to fuck with everyone. That sounds something Jolo would definitely do.'

If he was planning on adding said WMDs to his faction's arsenal, then it'd be a one-sided bloodbath. Magic and science are a deadly combination, after all.

"Can't you be serious about this? I just want to know what made you take this course of action." Adrian said.

"To be fair, people create factions because they have the ability to do so, y'know?" At Adrian's deadpan, Jolo relented. "Fine, fine. I had a dream, right? In that dream, I saw something...incredible. An army of bois and gurls from different races, waging an all out WAAAGH! and just having a damn good time. I saw no discrimination in their gazes when they look at each other, only looks that one gives to their closest friends and siblings-in-arms. I want something like that. I want unity, camaraderie, and a shared purpose that transcends our differences. I want to build a community where everyone feels valued and accepted, regardless of their race, gender, and appearance. An army of bros and lady bros that has your back no matter what."

With every word he spoke, the passion in his voice grew stronger. Adrian nodded slowly as he listened to Jolo, slowly understanding the depth of his vision.

"I guess that's a valid reason." It was more than valid. "But I want to know one more thing. Do you have any plans of conquering the Supernatural World?"

"Conquer the Supernatural World?" Jolo echoed, mulling over the idea. "I admit that I have thought about it before, but..."

Adrian leaned forward in anticipation. "But what?"

Jolo's lips curved into a sly grin. "But who knows? Maybe I will, maybe I won't. You'll just have to wait and see."

Adrian sighed. He never expected a straight answer from Jolo anyways. "Fair enough." He conceded. "Just make sure you don't commit a genocide or anything that will destroy the Veil."

"Don't worry, bro. When have I ever done anything like that?"

He only received a deadpan stare.
________________________________

Published: April 11, 2024 (on Scribble Hub)

2