Interlude 1
140 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Content warning: this chapter contains h*ndholding, and non-graphical description of sex by the end.

Esaki Purin called a self-driving taxi and rode it to a random stop in the center of Tokyo. On one hand, the city didn't change much in the two months during her absence. On the other hand, with a military-grade cyberbrain, it was a lot easier to tune out all the augmented reality advertisements that almost everything used these days. She even had to dial back some filtering to at least know what most of the places actually were.

Purin walked around the city looking for something interesting to do. In the year she lived in Tokyo after returning from the American Empire, she spent most of her time deep in her studies. That's why she hasn't actually seen much of the city yet. There were of course bars and restaurants all over, but she wasn't interested in getting drunk and wasn't sure if she even could. Shopping was easier to do online, where you could even try clothes in virtual reality before buying. All the big cities were equally cramped with dense high rises and millions of people mostly commuting to work, so there wasn't much to see either, besides historic parts that she wasn't interested in at the moment. That is to say, it looked like in 2045 there wasn't much to do offline in a big city, besides getting drunk, or hooking up in bars - a tradition that somehow hasn't completely died out.

She continued her walk through the city until one of the places caught her interest. Purin found herself in front of a wide building covered in glass and decorated with both augmented reality and physical banners. It was the Tokyo Science Museum, and it used a lot of physical advertising in its design so even the kids could get interested. The banners at the moment were advertising the History of Robotics exhibition. She felt slightly nostalgic and decided to check it out.

Inside, Purin saw, to her delight, that there were a lot of people in the museum, even though most of them were parents with kids. But she saw some teenagers and even older people, some of them even looking like they were on a date. She smiled and started exploring the exhibition.

There wasn't really anything in there that she didn't know. After all, she studied all of this for a few years. But it was still interesting for her to see all the physical exhibits with her current knowledge and experience. Besides, even though she had a lot of knowledge and fascination with robotics in general, her focus during her studies was on medium-sized things, like household robots, or humanoid androids, and her specialty was the software, not hardware.

The first sections of the exhibition were focused on robots in the traditional sense - machines, made to do either hard or complex tasks that humans couldn't do by themselves. Big and smart hands, automated surgeons, simple conveyor robots. The history of household robots started with smart vacuum cleaners and ended in multi-functional humanoid assistants with very powerful AIs that can function even outside of the household and also cost a fortune. They even had models of the early Mars landers and a part about their development and increased autonomy. Same with the self-driving cars, but they decided not to put a whole series of cars in there, since everyone was familiar with what they looked like now. But they had the first "self-driving" car to hit the mass market - Edis_on Model O - the car that almost destroyed humanity's hope for true self-driving cars and was a lesson on not skimming on safety and R&D before releasing a product.

Eventually, she reached the section on the history of the cyberbrain. At the start it had rudimentary brain-machine interfaces, then early military experiments to create obedient super-soldiers, and even one of the first neuro-chips carefully preserved and displayed under an extremely powerful microscope. Purin stopped near the last exhibition in the series - the modern cyberbrain by one of the biggest manufacturers in the world, Megatech.

"Amazing, isn't it?" Purin heard a voice to her right and turned to see a pretty woman. She had short blonde hair with a purple streak and very bright yellow eyes that Purin got lost in for a moment.

"Indeed," she finally found her voice. "To think that the modern cyberbrain is less than 40 years old, and it's something that most adults in developed countries have. It's an unprecedented speed of integration."

"Especially considering how invasive it is," the woman smiled at Purin. "I guess nothing beats convenience. I'm Alicia. Alicia Stars," she introduced herself. "You have really good American English!"

"Esaki Purin. I studied in the Empire for a few years."

"Oh, neat! I'm actually a transfer student from America, currently studying at Tokyo Technology University. What did you study?"

"I went to MIT to study robotics engineering."

"What a coincidence! I'm studying it too! What are the chances, huh?"

"Considering we're at a robotics history exhibition... not that low." Purin started trying to figure out the exact number but was interrupted by a melodic laugh from Alicia.

"You are a nerd, aren't you?"

Purin blushed slightly. "It's a museum, of course, I'm a nerd. We spawn here!"

Alicia started laughing again. "That's true, I'm also here, after all. You know, there aren't many cute girls who are into robots, even these days. I'm glad I met you here."

Purin's blush intensified to almost match her hair. "You think I'm cute?"

"Of course you are!" Alicia beamed her a wide smile. "Would you accompany me to the rest of the exhibition?"

"I would love to!"

The next part after the history of cyberbrain was the history of prosthetics. It even had replicas of medieval iron hands at the start, then growing in complexity and technology. The series culminated in an exhibition of a full cyber body, with all of its intricate details exposed. Both Purin and Alicia were mesmerized by the sight.

"The pinnacle of humanity's engineering," Alicia was the first to break the quiet appreciation. "So many amazing technologies packed in a neat shape. Don't you think it's weird that any of the people around here could just have all of this inside of them?" Purin tensed at her words. "Just being able to lift a person with one hand. And we wouldn't be able to tell from the outside! And most people don't even think about the fact that literal super-humans live among us!“

Purin's worries calmed down after seeing sparkles of excitement in her eyes. "Oh yeah, and that's without even starting on some military bodies..."

"Of course, the military has the best toys," Alicia grimaced. "I desperately want to know how they manage to extract even more power from the synthetic muscles. And that's not even the worst. Do you know that they have tech to actually make people invisible? And they can integrate it into a cyber body?"

Purin quickly checked her body's specs, something she had forgotten to do before, and was stunned for a moment by how unfairly kitted she actually was. Luckily, Alicia read her facial expression as the shock at what she said.

"You know some obscure things about robots," Purin smiled.

"I try to! It's been my passion since my parents gifted me a robot dog when I was there. I immediately broke it!" She made a cute giggle. "I tried to fix it too, but of course, that was way over my head back then. But when I disassembled it, I was fascinated by all the little details, moving parts, lights, and electronics. Had no idea what any of it did, of course. I fixed it only when I was seven. Turned out it just needed new batteries, but the hardest part was to put it all back together after all my curiosity," she paused for a small laugh. "That was the first time my parents got fined for me hacking the manufacturer of the toy to find its blueprints. Not the last though! Oh, sorry, I talk too much sometimes, ADHD. What got you into robotics?"

Purin giggled in response. "Don't worry, I actually like listening to you talk about your passions. For me, it was this museum, actually. I've been here with my mom when I was nine, at a similar exhibition. I was really impressed by how they told the history of robots through the lens of robots helping humanity with all these different tasks. From mundane things like cleaning, to companionship, body restoration, and even space exploration." Purin added with a blush: "I thought that I also wanted to make robots that help people."

"Oh, that's a really nice view! Also way more noble than my 'I just think they're neat'," Alicia laughed again.

"Hey, that's valid too. There is nothing bad about doing something because you think it's cool!"

"I agree, cutie. It's really fun nerding with you here," Alicia started with a mischievous smile. "But we're at the end of the exhibition. What do you say if we continue our date at my apartment?"

"D-d-date?!" Purin exclaimed while blushing furiously.

"Oh, did I read it wrong, and you aren't interested?" Alicia winked.

"No-no, I'd like to, I just didn't know we were on a date!" Purin's blush continued to intensify.

"We are now! Let's go, cutie," Alicia took Purin's hand and started dragging her outside.

A short trip later, Esaki Purin and Alicia Stars entered Alicia's apartment.

"Wow, you have an actual TV here! You don't have kids, right?" Purin asked.

"Oh Goddess, no. But I got really used to it back home. The amount of anime I watched on it before getting a cyberbrain was unhealthy," Alicia laughed in response. "I like the format, so I got a TV here too."

"Oh, you watch anime? What kind?"

"Would you believe me if I said Mecha?"

"I would be surprised if it's not Mecha..."

"It is Mecha. Also Yuri. Especially Mecha Yuri."

"Nerd," Purin teased her.

"And you're a cutie," Alicia teased in response. "I can tell you all about my favorite Mecha anime later, but how about we discuss my Yuri manga in the bedroom first?" She made a very unsubtle wink.

"Please tell me this is an euphemism and you don't have a bedroom full of printed books."

Alicia led Purin to her bedroom, where, to Purin's relief, she didn't see shelves full of manga. But even if she did, she would still be more interested in Alicia's eyes. They were an unnaturally bright yellow color, highlighting their artificial nature. This feature wasn't rare these days - even when Purin was human she had pink eyes. What was special about Alicia's eyes was how she looked at Purin while her hands were gently removing Purin's top and caressing her body.

"Wow, are you a cyborg?" Alicia suddenly stopped.

"Yes," Purin replied hesitantly. "Is that a problem?"

"Oh no," Alicia's hyperactive enthusiasm returned as she began touching Purin's sides. "This is amazing, you're so soft, but I can feel the metal protection layers and muscle fibers if I try. This is so cool, you're so cool!"

"Eh, thanks?" Purin was slightly lost at the change of mood.

"Oh, sorry!" Alicia grinned widely and met Purin's eyes. "It's actually very hot. I want to see if I could tire out your amazing body, cutie," she said and planted a deep kiss on Purin's lips.

The mood quickly changed back into passion, and their kiss deepened. Both of them enjoyed each other's soft lips and tongues. Alicia took the lead right away and began her exploration of Purin's body from the depths of her mouth as far as Alicia's tongue would reach. After a bit of kissing and feeling each other, Alicia tried to push Purin onto the bed. Luckily, Purin still had enough self-control not to just fall backward and break the bed, and they both carefully laid down and continued their date in the horizontal position.

Alicia was relentless in her pursuit of both tiring and enjoying Purin's body. Purin wasn't sure if most cyborg bodies had this level of sensitivity, or if it was Major's special order, but at that time she was very grateful for it and blessed Alicia with a whole range of nice sounds that motivated Alicia to continue. She was also thankful for her inhuman endurance. Alicia quickly learned that there wasn't any limit to how far she could push Purin, and used all her skills to the full. Eventually, after another climax, Alicia lay on the bed on her side, out of breath.

"Wow, you're amazingly sexy and fun, Purin," Alicia said while panting heavily. "I never had sex with a cyborg, I envy your endurance. I could listen to your moans for hours and you would be fine. Sadly, my arms and tongue are tired," she giggled.

"He-he, thank you, you're incredible too. And I never had sex with a woman. You know what to do so well," Purin giggled in response.

"I'm not actually a woman," Alicia replied, still smiling and blushing from their activities.

"Eh? A man?"

"Goddess no, I'm nonbinary."

"Ah, that's cool too. Never had sex with an enby either," Purin smiled.

"I guess we both need more experience then," Alicia said with a mischievous grin. "If I can't tire out your body, let's see if I can tire out your spirit," they said and pounced on Purin with a burst of new energy.

Half an hour later, they both lay on their backs heavy panting. Purin wasn't sure which parts of her were responsible for this reaction, or other sides of her enjoyment of sex, and at the moment she couldn't care less. The happy buzz in her head, the sweat of her beautiful partner mixed with her own, the tired breath of both of them. That was the best sex in her life, and despite her literal machine endurance, she felt very human.

"Fu-fu-fu, so you can get tired," Alicia finally managed to say.

"You're just that good."

"Thanks," Alicia replied and laid on their side. "I love a good challenge," they gently dragged a nail over Purin's chest, causing a small shudder. "So, cutie. We discussed Yuri in detail, but as much as I love eating girls, I'm starving. How about I order us pizza and show you my favorite Mecha anime this time?"

10