Chapter 22 – Matchmaking
440 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harry played around with Fawkes for a little while but soon felt like he was falling asleep. He tried to stay awake but his vision blurred and soon he lost his consciousness.

Harry opened his eyes, blinking blearily, trying to get his thoughts straight.

‘Didn’t I go to that space with Fawkes? What happened?’ thought Harry as he sat up and looked around. ‘Ah, I’m back in my room’

Harry stretched and looked at the bed next to him, seeing it empty, he realised that Ron had already woken up.

‘I wonder if I can go back to that space some time’ thought Harry as he heard the door open.

“Where the hell have you been for the last two days!?” yelled Ron. “Mum’s almost had a fit!”

Ron was positively fuming. Harry, dumbfounded as he was, tried to think about what he had done in the past two days.

‘I spied on the Ministry and then there was the Scrimgeor and Pettigrew business’ thought Harry. ‘Ah, is it because I just up and vanished without anyone knowing about it?’

“Sorry, I just had something to do” apologised Harry. “I’ll talk to Mrs Weasley”

“What’s so important that you couldn’t even tell us? Not even me or Hermione?” asked Ron indignantly.

“Sorry Ron, I’ll tell you sometime in the future but not just yet” replied Harry.

Ron just looked away in a huff, clearly still upset.

Harry sighed and walked out of the room and went into the bathroom and took a hot shower.

After he finished up, he walked into the kitchen and saw Mrs Weasley talking to some of the order members, including Lupin and Tonks. She looked up at the sound of footsteps and seeing Harry, she bounded up and quickly approached him.

“Where have you been!? What have you been doing? Why haven’t we been able to find you during the day?” she asked rapidly.

The other members watched curiously, though they didn’t seem too worried for some reason.

“Sorry Mrs Weasley, I just had a little something to take care of. You really don’t have to worry, I can take care of myself” said Harry with a soft smile.

“How can I not worry?” asked Mrs Weasley with a sigh. “Fine, forget it. Will you have breakfast?”

“No, I’ll have lunch directly, I’m not really hungry” replied Harry. Mrs Weasley just nodded and went back to the table and took a seat.

Harry made his way to the table and greeted everyone sitting there, then he turned to Lupin.

“Remus, could I talk to you for a moment? In private?” asked Harry, receiving quizzical looks from everyone except for Tonks. Tonks on the other hand, had her eyes open wide in surprise and a small squeak escaped her mouth.

Harry looked towards her and smiled and nodded before walking off with Lupin.

They made their way to the empty room Harry had taken to using and after entering, Harry made sure to close the door behind him.

“What’s up Harry?” asked Lupin confused. “Any problems?”

“No, nothing like that” replied Harry. “I just wanted to ask you something”

“Ask what?”

“What’s going on with you and Tonks?” asked Harry, getting straight to the point.

“How is that your business exactly?” Lupin replied with narrowed eyes.

That reply made Harry feel rather offended. “What do you mean how is that my business? Of course it’s my business” said Harry agitatedly. “One of my dad’s best friends and one my friends, is being a ginormous moron, of course it would be my business!”

“Excuse me?” said Lupin, his voice becoming quieter, more dangerous.

“Remus, could you please stop getting so defensive and talk to me? I really do think I can help” said Harry, calming himself down.

Lupin continued to stare at Harry then finally he sighed. “There really is nothing between us. I think she likes me but I think she deserves much better than me” he said in a defeated tone. “I’m poor Harry, very poor. Not to mention my problem. I don’t want to have a child and have the child inherit all these issues. I just can’t do that to her or our future child”

Harry sighed and put a hand on Lupin’s shoulder. “I do understand where you’re coming from. Honestly, I do” he said, “But, I don’t think you should throw everything away because of this”

Lupin looking like he was about to argue but Harry interrupted him, “Don’t bother arguing, I already know what you’re going to say.” Said Harry, “I do have advice that I received a while back that really helped me, hopefully it helps you too”

“Life is much too short. Especially now with how dangerous it is, to not enjoy the few pleasures and happiness that life has to offer would be a life not worth living” said Harry. “So, don’t let these things trip you up. Go for it with Tonks, don’t deny yourself and especially don’t deny her. Do you really think she doesn’t know about the things you’re worried about? She wants to be with you despite all that”

Lupin stopped replying and just looked down, deep in thought.

“You’re not alone in this Remus. She’s there for you, to be with you. I’m there for you too. So don’t try to soldier through life alone” said Harry, moving away from Lupin and walking towards the door.

“Oh right” said Harry, coming to a stop and turning his head back said with a grin, “Tonks told me to tell you that you’re a blockhead”

Harry walked out of the room, chuckling at Lupin’s dumbfounded expression. He made his way back into the kitchen and saw everyone was still there, talking spiritedly except Tonks who kept glancing at the door.

The moment Harry walked in, she bounded up, knocking the chair she was sitting on back and ran up to Harry. “So, what happened?” she asked hurriedly.

“I talked to him and he seemed to take it well, I think” said Harry, “I think you should go talk to him. Strike while the iron is hot” he continued with a wink.

A broad smile crept on to Tonks face. “Thanks! I’ll do that!” saying that, she sprinted out of the room and up the stairs.

A moment later, she came crashing into the room again. “Where is he!?”

Harry started laughing. “Haha, oh, wait-” Harry wheezed.

“Oh come on, tell me!” she said with a pout.

“Second fl-floor, fourth door to your right” said Harry, trying to catch his breath.

“Okay!” she yelled, running back up the stairs.

Harry smiled and sat at the table. Everyone seemed to be looking at him. “So, will you be telling us what that was all about?” asked Mrs Weasley.

“Oh nothing really, just gave Remus a little advice. Hopefully he doesn’t chicken out” Harry said with a sigh. “Anyway, I have a little something to do today as well, I’ll be back by dinner time though”

“Harry-” Mrs Weasley started to speak but was quickly interrupted.

“It’s okay Mrs Weasley, believe me” said Harry. “Where I’m going, Voldemort wouldn’t be able to find me”

‘Though even if he did, that would only be good for me’ thought Harry smirking internally.

“Fine” she replied with a sigh. “Just make sure to come back in time for dinner”

“Of course!” replied Harry, standing up and walking out, back to his room.

Inside his room, he saw Ron, Hermione and Ginny sitting around chatting.

“What’s this about you going places you shouldn’t Harry?” asked Hermione, a clear note of irritation in her voice.

“Where I shouldn’t?” asked Harry looking genuinely confused.

“Ron just told us. You’ve been going places you shouldn’t and that you might get into trouble!” replied Hermione heatedly. “Do you think there are less problems already? Without you adding more to them?”

Harry turned to Ron and raised a brow causing him to turn away and scratch his head guiltily.

“Hermione, I don’t know what Ron has been telling you but all I told him is that I have some things to do and I’d explain in the future” said Harry and then continued with a slightly hurt expression. “I’d really appreciate it if you guys could at least try to trust me a little bit”

Hermione was immediately taken aback. “Ah, no, Harry. It’s not like we don’t trust you. Honest. It’s just-” she stuttered and stammered and eventually trailed off, looking a little depressed.

“Wait, Harry. It’s not her fault, Ron just told her all this stuff that you’ve allegedly been doing, so she just got worried” said Ginny hurriedly, glaring at Ron.

Ron flinched under her gaze and tried to justify himself, “I’m sorry mate, it’s j-just that, you were being all secretive and well, I assumed the worst”

Harry, visibly irritated, just pushed past Ron and then grabbed some stuff from his trunk and made his way out of the room.

As he closed the door, he heard Ginny’s voice. “This is what happens when you make up crap! You’ve pissed Harry off and Hermione is depressed. Good work, moron!”

Harry sighed and went to Buckbeak’s room. He didn’t bother knocking like he used to and just walked in. He saw Buckbeak in its usual corner and in the opposite corner was Pettigrew, looking a lot bluer than the day before. Sirius was sitting next to Buckbeak.

“Ha-harry, sa-save m-me” he said, between gasps.

“Shut up, worm” Sirius said sharply, causing Pettigrew to clamp his mouth shut immediately.

“I see you’ve been busy” laughed Harry. “Got your irritation out on him?”

“Yeah, he’s been great” replied Sirius with a short laugh. “What brings you here?”

“Ah, I usually use one of the other rooms to apparate out and back in but the room is - occupied - right now, so I just thought this one would work as well” replied Harry.

“Should I ask?” asked Sirius with a raised brow.

Harry gave a short, jovial laugh and said, “No, you probably shouldn’t”

“Fine, where are you off to?” he asked.

“Oh, I suppose it’s fine to tell you” said Harry, “It’s just this small shack in the middle of the ocean, far, far away from here”

“What in the blazes are you going there for?” asked Sirius in surprise.

“Well, I know there are more powers I can use, so I need a place to practice” replied Harry. “What better place than a tiny island in the middle of an ocean, no one would even know or be disturbed, no matter how loud I am”

“I suppose so” replied Sirius, “Just be careful, alright?”

“Of course!” replied Harry and with a loud crack, he disappeared from the room.

===

A little work on getting Lupin and Tonks together and Ron being a dick as usual (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

9