Chapter 10 – Control
562 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Light streamed in through the window in Harry’s room, illuminating the now completely repaired room.

As he felt the sun’s rays beating down on his face, Harry slowly opened his eyes. He gazed around for a few moments, recalling the events of the night before and he couldn’t help but sigh. Even though he had seen many extraordinary things since becoming a wizard, the events of the last day had been a cut above the rest.

‘I suppose I should get an early start on my day. I have many things I need to do before the members of the Order of the Phoenix show up’ thought Harry.

Harry walked out of his room and saw Dudley walk out of the room next to his, at the same time. The moment he noticed Harry, a look of abject terror appeared on his face.

“Eek” shrieked Dudley.

Following that Shriek, Dudley bolted back into his room and slammed the door shut. Harry could hear him bolting the door from inside followed by scurrying footsteps moving rather quickly away from the door.

“Haha! Oh, Dudley, you’re not that scared of me are you? You haven’t gone through anything yet” laughed Harry, speaking loud enough for Dudley to hear, even inside his room.

Grinning happily, Harry walked past Dudley’s room and walked into the bathroom down the hall.

Brushing his teeth and taking a quick shower, Harry got out and walked down to the kitchen.

The moment he walked into the kitchen, he saw his aunt cooking something with her back to him and his uncle was sitting at the breakfast table, drinking coffee and reading a newspaper.

Hearing Footsteps, his aunt was the first to speak.

“Oh Duddykins, are you finally awake? Would you like some breakfast?” asked his aunt lovingly.

Harry smirked and spoke up, “Your precious ‘Duddykins’ is huddled in his room shivering at the thought of me”.

“Eh?” his aunt turned around and the moment she noticed Harry, her face paled at an amazing rate.

“Wh-what are you doing in h-here?” she asked stutteringly.

“Just getting a little peckish. Thought I’d grab a bite to eat, after all, that work out last night really made me hungry, you know” said Harry, with a playful grin.

Harry’s mention of the previous night clearly struck a nerve with her but she couldn’t overcome her fear and just shuddered.

His uncle, on the other hand, foolhardy as always, decided to speak up.

“You’re not supposed to be in here! You’re to stay in your room for the rest of summer!” yelled his uncle, his face becoming redder by the minute.

“Oh please”, said Harry. “Who’s going to stop me? You?” he asked.

His uncle clearly wanted to say something more but he seemed to recall something and quickly choked on his words.

Harry laughed mockingly at them then walked over to the fridge and got some bread, ham and cheese out. Made himself a sandwich and ate it slowly, relishing it as he the last meal he ate was breakfast that Mrs. Weasley had made.

Finishing his meal, he looked up at the Dursleys and noticed that they hadn’t moved even a little in the entire time, clearly frozen in fear.

Seemingly having had enough of teasing the Dursleys, Harry got up and walked back to his room.

When he walked out the door, he could hear an audible sigh from his aunt.

‘At least they won’t try to make my life miserable any more. I’ll be leaving in a few days anyway, so might as well have as much fun with them as I can, though there are more important things I need to do’ thought Harry.

Reaching his room, Harry sat on his bed and started to recall everything he could about Voldemort’s horcruxes and how he could deal with them.

‘When Professor Dumbledore and I were researching Voldemort’s horcruxes, We found that he would have 6 horcruxes in all’ recalled Harry.

With that information in mind, he started to recall the locations of all the horcruxes.

‘The book has already been destroyed so I can ignore that one. The ring should still be at the gaunt shack and Dumbledore would only go get it sometime after my fifth year’ thought Harry. ‘That leaves the cup, the locket, the diadem and lastly the snake’

‘The cup was given to Bellatrix and she had said she would keep it in Gringotts so, I’ll need to break into that if I want to get to it. The locket was already taken from that cave when Professor Dumbledore and I had gone there, leaving a fake locket there, but, Kreacher should know something about it since his former master is the one who took it’ recalled Harry.

‘The diadem is probably the easiest, I can just get it when I go to Hogwarts in a few months, I don’t really need to prepare much for that.’ Thought Harry.

‘The snake alone is something, I’m not sure how to get to. It would almost always be with Voldemort and even if its not, I wouldn’t have any way to know where it was’ sighed Harry.

Putting his thoughts into order, Harry decided on the order he would take care of the horcruxes.

‘I’ll first talk to Kreacher, since I’ll be meeting him in a few days anyway. Then I’ll quickly apparate to the shack and pick the ring up, though I should make sure not to touch it. The curse on it is a nasty piece of business. I’m surprised Dumbledore survived for an entire year after getting cursed’ thought Harry in wonderment.

‘After that, once I go to Hogwarts, I’ll pick up the diadem. Then the only ones I’ll have to worry about are the cup and the snake. Both of which I really don’t know how I would get to, short of bulldozing my way to each location’ concluded Harry.

‘I don’t want to alert Voldemort just yet, I’ll destroy all, or at least everything but the snake, before I confront him. Even if I can snap his body like a twig, that won’t really satisfy me. I need to make him suffer’ thought Harry viciously.

‘That’s just Voldemort, I still have to capture and torture so many more of his little cronies’ thought Harry, almost jubilant at the thought of torturing them.

With that out of the way, Harry decided on what he should do while waiting for the Order of the Phoenix members to arrive.

‘I should try to get my strength under control or else I might even break my broomstick’ thought Harry. The very thought of damaging his beloved Firebolt sent pangs through his heart.

‘I suppose, I should first try to make sure I can pick something up without breaking it, without having to concentrate too much on it either’ thought Harry with a sigh.

He walked towards the small table in his room, grabbed the bowl he had used for soup the previous night. He grabbed it normally to see how his strength would be without controlling it.

The moment he picked it up, the bowl shattered and the pieces dropped onto the table.

Expecting this result, Harry quickly repaired it and tried again, this time with a little less power in his hands. The bowl still shattered but it seemed like there were less pieces than the time before, though that might have just been his imagination.

Harry continued this process of picking up the bowl, repairing it, then picking it up again with less force.

He spent several hours practicing this and eventually got to the point where he used just about enough strength that the bowl didn’t show any signs of stress.

He kept at it even then, trying to make that use of strength the natural level for himself.

Harry lost himself in his training, completely forgetting about eating lunch or even dinner.

Eventually, Harry came back to his senses and looked around, feeling slightly astonished.

‘Did I just spend the entire day training? I’ve never had concentration that good though’ pondered Harry.

He looked out the window and noticed that the sun had long set and he could see a beautiful moon in the sky.

‘At least, I managed to get my strength under control so I suppose it’s fine even if I did end up spending the whole day training. Though, oddly, I don’t really feel very hungry even though I missed two meals’ thought Harry.

Having had enough of training, Harry sat down on his bed, deep in thought.

‘Now that I’m back to my fifth year again, I can actually change a lot of what happened. Even though making those changes could mean that the future I know would be completely changed but I couldn’t give a damn about that. I really have to make sure none of my loved ones get hurt this time around’ thought Harry.

As he was thinking about these matters, Harry lay down and continued thinking about various matters that would occur over the year.

He didn’t even notice when he drifted off to sleep, still mumbling about what the future might hold for him.

8