Chapter 14 – Confession
569 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"She looks nothing like you, you know?" asked Harry, clearly amused.

None of the others replied to his poorly timed question. They continued to gape at Harry.

"Wh-what was that, Harry?" asked Lupin, snapping out of his stupor. Mrs Weasley and Tonks stirred as well, looking towards Harry for answers.

"I have no idea. Remember how I said my eyesight got fixed? Well, that wasn't all" said Harry, clearly trying hard to frame his sentences. "Ever since then, I've noticed some changes in me. Stuff, I can't really explain"

"What kind of changes?" asked Tonks, her eyes sparkling with interest. Hermione, next to her, looked concerned while Ron seemed like he was watching some sort of television show.

"Well, I didn't really mention this when you guys came over but my aunt and uncle are kinda scared of me now and that fatass cousin of mine is downright terrified" said Harry. "I might have, sort of, blown a hole into the wall of my room and landed up in the neighbour's backyard, which I then proceeded to jump from back into my room after my muggle family walked in, scaring them"

"There's also a small possibility that I grabbed onto the wall for support and the wall broke off into my hand" said Harry sheepishly.

"Wait, hold on!" yelled Tonks. "I saw your room! There was no hole in the wall!"

"Ah yeah, I couldn't very well sleep with that huge hole in the wall. So I fixed it" Harry replied casually.

This revelation however, did not go over well with the others around him, especially Mrs Weasley.

"You were told not to do magic, Harry! You were explicitly informed not to do any more magic or it would complicate your situation with the ministry and you still went and did it anyway!" she yelled angrily.

'Ah, crap. I forgot about that' said Harry, regretting his decision to tell them the truth.

"Oh, about that. I found a way to stop the trace from informing the ministry. So they wouldn't know I did any magic at all, so we're in the clear!" he said, trying to alleviate her worries.

"You just stumbled across a way to hide from a charm created by some of the most powerful wizards in history?" asked Mrs Weasley suspiciously.

"Hey now, I really did. It's kinda complicated so I'm not sure how to explain it but it works!" said Harry. "Anyway, there's no need to worry about the ministry"

"Forget the ministry Harry, what's happening to your body?" asked Sirius. "You said you blew a hole into your bedroom wall and when you tried to stabilise yourself you took a chunk off the wall? None of that explains anything to us"

"I don't know how to explain it" said Harry and then suddenly thought of something. "If you have something you want destroyed, I can show some of the things that have happened to my body though"

"How about the portrait of Sirius' mom?" asked Fred with an evil chuckle, who along with George and Ginny had arrived in the hall at some point and had clearly heard everything Harry had said.

When he said that, the old woman in the painting visibly shuddered. "N-no, do-don't destroy the painting. Please..." she pleaded.

Harry was more than happy to do it but at the end of the day, it was still Sirius' mother so he looked at Sirius for confirmation.

"Oh please, go right ahead" he said with a malicious grin. "Just make sure you show me how well you break it"

Harry chuckled at that and walked up to the painting on the wall. He stood in front of the old woman, who kept pleading and crying as Harry reached out to the frame.

Putting some strength into his arm, he heard a cracking sound and soon the frame shattered, leaving the side of the painting bare.

He grabbed hold of the painting and with a quick tug, ripped it right off the wall. Being a magical painting, it was charmed to be much more sturdy than usual. Not something someone could just rip off a wall.

However, the evidence in Harry's hand said otherwise. He proceeded to shred the painting into small pieces and dropped them onto the ground.

Curious about how he did it, Ron grabbed a piece and tried to tear it apart but he couldn't even strain the painting a little bit. Fred and George tried as well, unsuccessfully.

Lupin looked at Harry seriously, "How long have you had these changes in your body Harry? What exactly happened? Are you sure it's nothing bad?"

Harry thought for a moment before replying, "It's probably been around 3 days I think, maybe 4. The day I woke up with my eyesight fixed, I got up off the bed and felt a little dizzy. So I put my hand on the wall for support but my hand just sunk in. Feeling surprised, I jumped back a step to see what had happened to the wall but what I thought was a step turned out to be so much more. The next thing I knew, I was standing in a pile of rubble in my neighbour's backyard and looking at my house showed a huge hole in the wall" narrated Harry. Taking a breath, he continued, "Then I saw my uncle, aunt and cousin walk into my room yelling so I thought to scare them a little so I jumped towards my house, you know, just to test it out and I practically flew into my room"

"When I was about to land, I tried to stabilise myself and grabbed onto the broken wall around the hole in my room and ended up ripping a chunk off the wall again. Finally, I scared them a little and sent them back to their rooms and then I figured out a way to hide from the trace and used that to fix my room" he said.

"The days after that, till you guys showed up, I just used that to practice on controlling my strength since I didn't want to break everything I touched. Which, as you can see, was rather successful and I can pretty much control my strength completely" finished Harry, somewhat proudly.

The rest just gaped at Harry, not expecting this sort of an explanation.

"This is rather unbelievable. If I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't think it possible" said Lupin. "So what now? You must have some reason for telling us this?"

"Yeah" admitted Harry. "I just wanted you guys to know that I'm now much stronger than I used to be, so please don't try to restrict me too much. I actually have the capital to say that I can take care of myself now"

"Just a little strength won't be enough for you to say that, Harry" said Mrs Weasley sharply.

Harry shook his head at that, "It's not just a little strength. Did I mention that none of things that happened earlier even managed to scratch me? Not the fall from the second floor of my house to my neighbour's backyard, nearly a hundred meters away, nor the pile of rubble I fell in"

Before Mrs Weasley was able to argue with him, Harry continued. "Not to mention, during the flight here, some kind of heat built up around me keeping me and every other member warm. I'm sure that's not just to keep us warm and there are other things I can do as well. Combine that with what happened a moment ago and I really think there are changes that are still happening that I'm not aware of"

Looking at the unwilling look on Mrs Weasley's face, Harry said, "I don't mean that I'll be throwing myself into danger right at this moment, Mrs Weasley. But I just mean that I would appreciate not being restricted because you guys think I'm still a child"

"But you are still a child!" exclaimed Mrs Weasley. "You are much too young to be fighting, even if you got some strange powers!"

"He might be a young, Molly but he had gone through as much as most of our order members and more than most" said Sirius seriously.

"No one's denying what all he has done. That doesn't mean it's okay to throw him into more situations like that!" she yelled back, glaring at Sirius. "As someone with Harry's best interests at heart-"

"He's not your son, Molly" said Sirius quietly.

"He might as well be!" she replied fiercely. "Who else has he got!?"

"He's got me!" yelled back Sirius.

Harry couldn't help but feel a smile creep onto his face as he watched them quarrel.

Seeing his expression, Tonks asked curiously, "what are you smiling about?"

Harry quickly put a hand on his mouth and replied, "Nothing, really"

Tonks shrugged and returned her attention to the quarrel.

"Fat load of good that did him" she replied, mockingly. "With you sitting in Azkaban and all"

"Now listen here, Molly-" just as he was about to reply, a hand was placed on his shoulder.

"Sirius, Mrs Weasley, I know you both really do care about me but there's no need to quarrel before anything has even happened is there?" asked Harry. "How about we just go have dinner and then head over to bed, that should help us all clear our heads a little"

Mrs Weasley nodded reluctantly while Sirius just shrugged.

"While we're at it, could you all keep this a secret between just us?" asked Harry. "Not even Dumbledore please"

Though they had all started to nod, the last part made them all flinch. Seeing this Harry sighed.

"I know not telling Dumbledore would be uncomfortable for you guys but I'll tell him when I'm comfortable. When there is actually something substantial to tell" said Harry. "So please promise me that you won't tell and just wait for me to do it myself"

"Fine, I don't have a problem with it" said Sirius, clearly not very bothered with hiding something from Dumbledore.

"If you say so dear" sighed Mrs Weasley.

"Haa, make sure you do tell him eventually, Harry" Lupin said, looking a little more ill at ease compared to the rest.

Fred, George, Ginny, Ron and Hermione just nodded their heads, while Tonks placed a hand on her chest and spoke cheerfully. "You can count on me Harry! I'll take this secret to my grave!"

"No no, please don't. I don't want - a certain someone - to hate me" said Harry.

Tonks chuckled, "Make sure you keep your promise too"

"As soon as I can" replied Harry happily and the two walked off towards the kitchen chatting happily, leaving the others behind, looking dumbfounded at their strange conversation.

============================

So I thought that having Harry come out and say he has stuff happening to him would make it easier for him to move around in the future.

I didn't see any point in having him be super secret about his powers. He doesn't need to talk about reincarnation but no real need to hide his new powers. At least from people he can trust.

What do you guys think about the events here? Do you think it makes sense or did I just jump the gun?

7