Chapter 18 – Murder
489 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harry opened the doors to the courtroom and walked out, closing the doors behind him. He turned around to see Mr Weasley looking at him rather anxiously.

“What happened? Dumbledore didn’t say-” he asked.

“Cleared” said Harry, “Of all charges, of course”

Mr Weasley beamed at that, looking like he had grown at least a year younger.

“Oh that’s brilliant Harry! I mean, I knew you would be but it’s still quite the relief” he said.

A moment later, the courtroom doors opened and the members of the Wizengamot started to file out.

“Were you tried by a full court?” asked Mr Weasley dumbfounded.

“Yup, seems I’m just that important” replied Harry with a chuckle.

Most people ignored the two standing by the side, a few like Madam Bones greeted Mr Weasley. Towards the end, Fudge and Umbridge walked out.

Fudge stared daggers at Harry, almost looking ready to whip his wand out again and Umbridge looked rather pale. The moment her gaze crossed Harry’s, she shuddered and looked away.

Mr Weasley looked quizzically at that, “Did something happen?” he asked.

“Who knows, maybe they saw a ghost” he chuckled.

Soon after, Percy walked past them, completely ignoring them causing Mr Weasley to clench his fist.

“Come on Harry, let’s get you back!” he said, lightening the mood. “Everyone’s going to want to hear the results”

The two made their way towards the elevator only to stop short. Just like last time, Fudge was standing in front of the elevator doors along with Lucius Malfoy.

When the two noticed Harry and Mr Weasley approaching them, Lucius sneered.

“Really now, Patronus Potter?” he asked.

Harry put his hands behind his head and replied casually, “If it had been you in the tunnel instead of Dementors, I might have come up with something a little more colourful to use”

Lucius immediately frowned and was about to speak but was quickly interrupted by Fudge. “Unlawful! You clearly haven’t learned your lesson!” he yelled. “I’ll have you expelled if that’s the last thing I do!”

Harry immediately put his fingers in his ears, “Minister, we already talked about this” he said with a grimace, “Quietly please! I have sensitive ears”

Fudge became more and more agitated while Lucius looked furious at Harry’s attitude. “Same as your father I see” said Lucius with a smirk.

“Yup! Oh that reminds me Malfoy, where’s our dear friend Peter holed up, I haven’t met him in ages!” asked Harry with mock concern.

Harry immediately used Legilimency as hard as he could, in the most subtle way. No sooner had he asked that question, a picture of a shack appeared in his mind. Harry fought hard to keep a smile from showing on his face.

“Are you trying to be funny, Potter?” Lucius asked with a glare.

“I’ve always been told that I have a wacky sense of humour you know?” Harry replied seriously.

“Hmph” Lucius snorted and turned to Fudge. “Let’s go back to your office, Cornelius”

“Ah yes, of course” Fudge replied, finally getting his emotions back in order.

Watching them leave, Harry narrowed his eyes. Mr Weasley on the side was sweating bullets. “What was that about Harry?”

“Oh, no, nothing” replied Harry, snapping back to reality. “Just wanted to see his reaction”

Mr Weasley accepted his response and eventually the two made their way back to the hideout.

Everyone reacted much the same as they had in his previous life. Despite claiming to have known that he would be cleared, they all still teared up and hugged him in relief.

Harry just laughed at that. After a while, he excused himself and made his way to his bedroom and lay down.

‘What I lack right now is information’ thought Harry. ‘I think I’ll spend the next few days spying in the Ministry. See if I can’t get any information that can help me out’

With that thought, Harry drifted off to sleep.

The following day, Harry ate breakfast and then made a suitable excuse and holed himself into one of the empty rooms in the headquarters. He immediately pulled his invisibility cloak over himself and apparated towards one of the entrances to the Ministry. The toilets in Whitehall.

Harry made his way into the Ministry and started spying on two people he needed to know about the most. Cornelius Fudge, the Minister for Magic and Rufus Scrimgeor, the head of the Aurors.

The day went by quickly and though Harry learnt a few things, he didn’t quite get what he was looking for. He decided to continue the next day.

The day after, he followed the same process and made his way into the Ministry.

Today, however, was different from the day before. Today, Scrimgeor decided to make his way out of the ministry, chasing some criminal.

Harry quickly followed behind him, following as closely as he could, as Scrimgeor made his way to the criminal’s location and even learned that he was a death eater.

The two scuffled for a while and then the death eater fled. Though Scrimgeor seemed to be unwilling to let him go so he chased after the fleeing death eater.

The two, along with Harry following close by, made their way to a deserted part of the city and the death eater finally stopped.

‘Finally, a good place to do this’ thought Harry.

“What the hell do you even want!?” yelled the death eater to Scrimgeor.

“You’re a death eater, one that was once tried but not convicted. I thought you might change your ways but the evidence shows otherwise” said Scrimgeor coldly.

“What evidence?” asked the death eater, sounding a little apprehensive.

“We have eyewitnesses who saw you murder muggles, chasing them and hunting them down. Walden Macnair, what do you have to say to that?” asked Scrimgeor.

Macnair seemed to be stunned at that, he probably didn’t expect to be caught over something so stupid. Just as he was getting ready to act, Harry acted first.

Harry poked a finger through the opening of his invisibility cloak and pointed it towards the duo. He carefully took aim and then putting all his killing intent into the spell, he fired a killing curse towards them.

A flash of green flew at them at a speed neither could react to. In but a moment, it struck its target.

Macnair stared, dumbfounded, as the Auror in front of him opened his eyes wide and slowly keeled over.

“Haha! I knew the dark lord wouldn’t abandon me! He even saved me!” yelled Macnair jubilantly.

Seeing his antics, Harry felt disgusted. He snuck behind the death eater, grabbed both his arms at the elbows and squeezed, shattering both his elbows.

Macnair, feeling the pain coursing through his arms, screamed out. He screeched as the pain dominated his mind. He quickly fell to his knees, unable to stand up.

Harry stepped forward and placed one foot on one of Macnair’s ankles, stepping down on it. Macnair’s ankle quickly ended up in the same state as his elbows, shattered.

Macnair’s screams became even louder as he fell down, face-first. He eventually seemed to calm down and turned onto his back and tried to look around to see who hurt him.

“Wh-who’s th-there?” he asked, teeth clenched in pain.

Harry slid the cloak off his body, showing himself. Macnair’s eyes went wide. “H-how? You can’t be here!” he screamed.

“I can be wherever I want” replied Harry coldly. “Now tell me Macnair, did you enjoy killing people?”

Macnair just stared at Harry, fear clouding his eyes. He stuttered a few times but no words came out.

“Lost the ability to speak already?” asked Harry, shaking his head. “That’s disappointing”

Macnair watched in horror as Harry approached the man.

“I really did want to play with you a little more but, we really don’t have much time. I’d rather finish this before people from either side show up” said Harry. “Don’t worry, you will definitely feel more pain”

Harry’s smile was dark, ominous and one that could induce nightmares. Macnair shuddered and tried to move backwards on his one good leg but wasn’t able to move much before Harry reached him.

Harry squatted down and placed a hand on the man’s chest. “I don’t have any torture tools or any special magic other than crucio, so instead I’ll go with the simplest way”

Harry slowly pushed his hand forward. It very slowly sunk into Macnair’s chest, almost like a hot knife through butter.

It seemed to take a moment for Macnair to realise what was happening to him. Immediately after, he started to scream out in agony. Begging for Harry to kill him. However, Harry continued to move at an excruciatingly slow speed as his hand made its way into Macnair’s chest.

Soon after, Harry could feel the man’s heart in his hands. He gripped the heart gently and then pulled his hand out, as slowly as he had earlier. Macnair’s screaming had long since turned hoarse. He kept whimpering, begging to be killed, over and over again.

Harry pulled his heart out, and showed it to him. “I really didn’t think you would be alive in this situation. I though you would have long since died.”

Harry suddenly heard the sound of flapping fabric and realised that he would be out of time soon.

“You’re lucky, seems like I’ll need to go now” said Harry, looking down at Macnair. “Goodbye”

The moment he said that, Harry squeezed his hand ever so slightly causing the heart to immediately explode.

Harry looked down at the man for a moment before he quickly donned his cloak and apparated back to his room in Grimmauld Place.

Harry rushed into the bathroom and washed up, so as to make sure no one saw him, covered in blood. He then made his way into his bedroom and lay down, deep in thought.

‘I just killed someone’ thought Harry. ‘The death eater deserved it but Scrimgeor had yet to do anything majorly wrong’

Harry placed his arm over his eyes feeling conflicting emotions.

‘I killed him simply so that he doesn’t ruin my plan. Is that even okay?’ wondered Harry.

After several minutes of similar emotions running through his head, he eventually sighed as he sat up. ‘Whether it’s okay or not, I’ll have to do what needs to be done. I can’t have Voldemort act the same way he did in my past life’ thought Harry with determination. ‘Since I know what’s going to happen, I have to change it all’

Harry stood up and looked towards his window. It was rather dark outside, though it seemed that it was just around dinner time since Ron had yet to return to the bedroom.

‘If I want to do this right, I need some help’ thought Harry. ‘And I know exactly who to turn to’

Harry made his way out of the room and walked towards a certain bedroom and knocked.

“Sirius, open up! I need to talk to you”

7