A Long Eventful Night [1]
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A lone figure was walking on the streets of the Elite Hero Academy late at night. Because it was deep into the night, that figure was wearing a guard uniform similar to one Daniel wore.

The person was naturally Nyx. After knocking out Daniel and wearing his amulet, Nyx had commanded the guard to lend him a spare uniform. Forced by the amulet, Daniel had no choice but to succumb to Nyx's command.

As Nyx continued to work, he looked around the academy and adjusted his guard cap to avoid the myriad of cameras installed in the academy from capturing his face.

What he didn't know was that prior to his escape, a certain someone had already deactivated all the CCTV cameras around the academy, so he was being cautious for no reason.

On the way to the yellow house where his targets resided, Nyx encountered fellow guards. All he did was nod at them, and they didn't find his behavior weird because of the precise practices of the red-haired boy.

'Compared to infiltrating N. Korea's nuclear plant, this is just child's play,' Nyx thought as he arrived at the yellow house.

The house was dark and looked deserted from the outside. But Nyx knew better since he used to stay here, and during his stay, he had learned that most students usually slept around 3, and the time was just 2:30.

Since Nyx was very patient, he decided to wait for the remaining 30 minutes by simply patrolling around the yellow house compound as if he was keeping guard.

Some minutes later, the 30 minutes arrived, and Nyx stopped before a window and expertly opened it, sliding inside without making the slightest noise. His steps were soundless as if he were a seasoned assassin.

Climbing up the stairs, Nyx soon arrived at the hallway where most of the second years resided.

Thanks to Nyx's retentive memory, he still perfectly remembered their faces, but the major problem was that he didn't know the room of the boys.

'What to do?' Nyx thought, contemplating if he should barge into room after room till he finds the right boys. He could've just gone for Yiran, but he wanted to save that bastard for last and make his death a bit painful for all the past antagonizing.

Yes, Nyx was very petty.

Determined to keep Yiran for last, Nyx took a gamble and entered the first room and, by a stroke of luck or whatever, found two of the students there. Like his dorm room, there were also three bunk beds, two of which were the people who poured him the filthy water used to clean the house.

Bringing out a dagger he'd gotten from Daniel, Nyx started to approach the first boy who was snoring loudly.

Meanwhile, back at the administrative building, Isaac was standing before the building with dangerous glints in his eyes.

'Good thing I deactivated all the cameras,' he thought and started walking inside the building. 'Now all I have to do is kill this bastard and return to the first place award ceremony. Knowing that bastard Momo, he'll probably find a way to free this boy, so I have to be fast.'

"Sir Isaac, what brought you to the prison by this time of the hour?" The prison guard asked when he saw the professor approaching from the end of the hallway.

'Ugh, I forgot this pest, now what do I do with him?' Isaac calculated. He needed to kill Nyx, and at the same time, he didn't want to leave any evidence behind that could later implicate him.

Consumed with plans to kill Nyx, Isaac had forgotten about the guard in charge of the cell.

He knew he needed to get rid of the guard, and there were only two ways about it. Either he killed him or sent him away. But killing the guard would raise suspicion, something Isaac wanted to avoid at all cost.

A bit of time later, the middle-aged man thought of something.

"Daniel, I'm here to inform you that the vice-principal is seeking your presence because she has something important to discuss with you."

"The vice-principal… seeking my presence?" Daniel spoke in disbelief. "How is that possible? I can clearly remember that it was she who told me to keep a close watch, especially on the red-haired boy."

Isaac began to stutter, finding what to say after his lie had been caught red-handed. What he didn't know was that Daniel was under the influence of the [Dark Entralment Amulet] and was simply following instructions given to him by Nyx.

The red-haired boy had always been a courteous person, so he gave Daniel a series of orders and even what to say when asked some questions. One of the others he had given Daniel was to use the vice-principal as a shield to stop anyone from coming to check on him.

Of course, this was a gamble and there were even risks of the vice-principal coming to check on him, but it was the only thing he could think of at the time.

"What do I do? Should I just use force?" Isaac thought.

While Isaac was trying to come up with a way to kill Nyx, the said person was slitting the throat of the first student in his sight.

The boy started to tremble as if he was having a seizure, but the red-haired boy held him in place not to alert the others.

Done with that boy, Nyx replicated the same with the other boy; he stared at the remaining boy.

This boy didn't do anything to him, but it was his bad luck because Nyx would have to kill him too.

If he just killed only the people that bullied him, it would arouse suspicion and everybody would suspect him. After all, he'd calmly thrust his hands into someone's chest.

In order to make it look as if it was a villain that had infiltrated the academy, Nyx had to kill a few innocent people.

After slitting the throat of all the students in that room, Nyx proceeded to the next room. Inside this room, Nyx knew some faces. 

0