A Long Eventful Night [3]
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After escaping from the initial crime scene, Nyx started walking again in order to not arouse any suspicion. As he walked, occasionally he could see a few guards and teachers heading to the yellow house to check if it was true or a false alarm.

"That Anna, I should've just killed her. Maybe my operation would have been much smoother," Nyx muttered, massaging his temple.

What he didn't know was that when he entered Anna and Molly's room, the yellow house prefect was already awake but had feigned sleeping to catch the intruder off guard if he ever tried harming them.

It was after Nyx left that Anna woke and discovered that someone had intruded into the house and was now slowly killing students.

Soon he arrived at the building where he could see several cars parked outside. This building was hall 5c, the same hall Nyx and the rest of the first years had their talents appraised.

'Is there any event inside?' Nyx started to approach the entrance of the door. However, two hefty-looking guys who were obviously security guards because their dressing was very similar to what Nyx was wearing.

"You're not allowed here," one of the guards said. "Weren't you briefed in the meeting with the vice principal?"

Which meeting? Nyx had no recollection of any meeting. In order not to blow his cover, he started to rack his brain.

Just when he was at a loss on what to say, someone opened the door from the other side, and stepping out was a man dressed in an elegant white tuxedo and a pair of eyeglasses. There was a glass of wine in his hand.

Of course, this person was none other than Momo.

"Gentlemen, he's with me. I was the one who called him," Momo spoke, even coming to touch Nyx on the shoulder.

"Okay, sir," the two guards nodded in an instant and stepped aside. This display of respect made it clear for Nyx that the enigmatic, stoic-looking man had quite the reputation around the academy. He even had this feeling that Momo's authority was within the same level as the vice principal of the Academy.

"You made it…but I'm curious, how did you do it?" Momo asked when he and Nyx were out of sight from the two burly guards.

"It's a secret, and no need to worry, I'll return to the prison after this night," Nyx said, removing Momo's hands from his shoulder. He didn't like Momo treating him like a child; he was a grown man stuck in a child's body, after all.

"A secret, you say?" Momo murmured, noticing Nyx's confident tone. It was as if the thirteen-year-old had already planned everything in advance.

A bit of time later, Nyx and Momo stepped into a hall crowded with teachers; even the vice principal Camila was there.

'Is this some secret party?' the boy thought as he quickly blended into the crowd and stood in a place where other guards were standing and keeping watch.

Since Nyx followed Momo and entered, the others didn't really pay any attention to him and redirected their attention to the middle of the hall where the vice principal was getting ready to give a speech.

Intrigued by what the cold White Frost was about to say, Nyx also directed his attention to her, after all, he knew that these teachers wouldn't gather here in the middle of the night just to have drinks; they had a hidden agenda and wanted only a restricted few to know.

"For years now, since the inauguration of our prestigious Academy, it's been a tradition of ours to select the Pillar of the first year," Camila said, her voice resonating through the crowd. "The Pillar of the first year holds a crucial responsibility in fostering unity, leadership, and embodying the values we hold dear at this academy."

"This individual sets the tone for the upcoming years, and their role is pivotal in maintaining the harmony within our student body…"

Nyx listened attentively as the vice principal continued to speak about the significance of the first year pillar, also known as the first year representative at the student council.

The red-haired boy suspected that the reason Momo gave him that hint was related to this so-called first year pillar.

Still hidden in the crowd, Nyx continued to observe the crowd of teachers, hoping to see the chosen student, but found no one. The atmosphere was becoming tense, and he could sense an air of anticipation as the vice principal prepared to announce the first-year Pillar.

"The first year pillar for this first-year academic bunch is…Ikor Daze," Camila pronounced the anticipated name, and the teachers started to clap their hands fervently.

From the crowd, Ikor, spotting his ponytail and signature kind smile, walked up to Miss Camila and faced the crowd. "I'm Ikor Daze, son of Earth's Gold Grade Hero Dalton Daze, and I am truly honored to be entrusted with the responsibility of representing my fellow students,"

"In the spirit of unity and camaraderie, I promise to work tirelessly to uphold the values that make our academy exceptional."

Captivated by Ikor's charismatic presence, the teachers listened attentively to Ikor's speech. He went on to express his commitment to fostering a supportive environment for all students, regardless of their backgrounds or abilities.

The more Ikor spoke, the higher the teachers' and staff's impression of him grew. As the boy finally concluded his speech, the applause from the teachers and staff grew louder.

'This boy is good with words,' Nyx thought after listening to Ikor's speech. The speech was so good that if not for Nyx's villainous nature, even he would have fallen for the boy's sweet words.

"As per tradition," Camila took over and addressed the crowd. "The first year pillar would be gifted a super item that would signify his position within the academy and serve as a tool to aid him in his responsibilities." Camila gestured toward a wooden box that lay on top of a stool.

As he looked at the item, a feeling told Nyx that this was the reason Momo had given him the hint.

"You want it?" Momo's voice reached Nyx's ears. "Inside that box is an invisible cloak that can enhance the wearer's ability and replicate attacks for a minute when activated."

Nyx couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement after hearing Momo's words. 'That's sick,' he thought, with a greedy look in his eyes.

A second of power-up, if used wisely, was already frightening enough; now talk about a minute, a freaking minute? The red couldn't begin to imagine what he'll do against his opponent if he had this super item for himself.

Seeing the greedy look in Nyx's eyes, Momo asked again: "Do you want it?"

0