3. Memory
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of the day Su Yeon spent in the library to modify their business model and research about other aspects relating to it, as it will somehow help during the criticism round. Wrapping everything up, she went home at night before dinner.

"Welcome back sweetheart, go fresh up quickly and come for dinner" a mellow voice welcomed her which has always been stress relieving for her, her mother's voice. Qin Su Ryeon, a bit taller than Su Yeon, is a sweet housewife. Su Yeon's father Yoon Taek is a senior-level employee in a company. In short, her family is a simple and sweet triangle family.

As usual, Su Yeon keeps talking and they both listen to her. This is an unspoken rule of her family set by her. She will share everything that happened that day including her study and progress. Her parents like to listen to her very much because they didn't spend their college days like this. After dinner, Su Yeon did the dishes and went to her room.

While sleeping on the bed and looking out the window, she thought about those two unexpected things that happened today. Firstly, about that dream, which was originally a memory about that day that she nearly forgot, and then about that person standing in front of her. For some reason, these two things have one thing... or rather, one person in common.

She clearly remembered that day,

.

FLASHBACK

6 years ago,

Su Yeon went with her parents, to her father's childhood friend's house in city K.

The Wang family had a political background, so they were filthy rich and had a huge mansion in city K.

The Wang couple had a son, Wang Lufan, who was 4 years older than Su Yeon. Wang Lufan had a tall and thin physique, sharp eyes, and a warm aura. He was introverted, had good academics, and wanted to become a doctor.

When the Yoon family went to the Wang Mansion, the Wang couple welcomed them and introduced themselves. Wang Lufan's first impression was enough to make Su Yeon blush. "Hello, I am Wang Lufan," he bowed to Yoon parents and smiled at Su Yeon. "Hello, I-I am Yoon Su Yeon," she bowed to Wang parents but couldn't look at Lufan. She nodded to Lufan and shook hands with him.

After both childhood friends were done catching up, everyone came for lunch. Mrs. Wang had created a small feast for the Yoon family.

After lunch, Mr. Wang said, "Lufan, you should take Su Yeon with you, you kids go outside else you will get bored between us. Taek, Mrs. Yoon, you won't mind if Lufan shows her around, right?" Yoon parents gave permission.

Lufan took her outside. Su Yeon followed him obediently. She was amazed by the big garden in front of the mansion.

Lufan looked at the little girl beside him, "You liked it?" Su Yeon looked at him and replied, "Yes! It is so huge-- Ohh... you have that swing too! You can even study while sitting on it, it seems very calm out there." Lufan was amused, "Yes, indeed. I kept it there so that I could read without any disturbance."

Su Yeon contemplated, but then, she asked, "Umm... brother Lufan, can I see your study room?" pointing at a certain window that showed his bookshelf. Lufan got confused and agreed, "Sure." Su Yeon beamed, "Woah! Thank you."

There was a staircase attached directly from outside to Lufan's room. They went inside, "You are free to look around, just be careful." Su Yeon nodded and went towards the huge bookshelf stuffed with medical books. She liked the mini library.

Lufan was shocked when he saw that this little one was not even bothered about the luxurious mansion. Instead, she was beaming when she saw his swing and mini library. Usually, other girls would like to try swinging, but this little one said it is a perfect place for reading...

Unknowingly, Lufan got comfortable quickly with her. He showed her many kinds of books and they talked about various topics. He later excused himself as he got a text, "Su Yeon ah, I have to go to the library, can you stay here alone or do you want to join others?"

Su Yeon was afraid of getting lost in this mansion, so she quickly said, "No, I can't!... I mean, I will join elders." Lufan chuckled and they went downstairs.

"Mom, I have to go to the library, can I?" Lufan asked his mother. "Oh sure, will you come home for dinner?" Mrs. Wang asked. "Not sure, I will inform you later," saying this, Lufan went to his room.

While elders were chatting happily, Father Yoon said to his friend, "Dewei, Lufan is a very sensible kid. I thought he would take over your position, but it is good that he wants to pursue medicine. We also wanted our Su Yeon to become a doctor, but this kid! She rejected that idea on our face!" Su Yeon said, "I don't think it will be a blessing for society to have a doctor like me. I would rather pursue business."

Everyone laughed. Mr. Wang replied, "It's ok Taek, don't force her. Let her choose her career. Our Su Yeon is smart, she knows what to do. Although Lufan wants to become a doctor, he can, but ultimately he has to take over my position. You know how it works in politics."

Meanwhile, Lufan who was passing by, suddenly stopped for a second. Su Yeon caught that. There was a hint of sadness and uncertainty on his face. Talking with him, she knew he would always prefer being a doctor, instead of entering politics. She observed how excited he became when she asked him about the medical field.

Later, because the parents were busy with their talk, Su Yeon excused herself after dinner. "Aunty, can I go for a walk? Please?" Su Yeon asked shyly. Who can resist such puppy eyes!

During this short period of time, the Wang couple grew fond of Su Yeon because of her friendly but behaved nature, especially Mrs. Wang.

When Su Yeon asked for permission to go out, Mrs. Wang smiled and said, "You and your cute tricks! How can I reject you!" Mr. Wang agreed, "You are right. She must be bored between us, even Lufan is not here. Su Yeon ah, you can go out, but don't go far away."

Yoon parents were helpless in front of Wang parents, it's just have been some time and Wang couple was spoiling her already.

"I also wanted a daughter just like her. Sweet and smart, who knows how to play her cards well!" Mr. Wang remarked while laughing. Su Yeon bid goodbye to everyone and went out.

FLASHBACK ENDS

.

After that incident happened with that silver masked man, the sudden appearance of Brother Lufan always felt amiss to her. In addition to it, he was limping. Even if he was smiling at her, his eyes were saying something different...

While she was reminiscing that memory, she suddenly sat upright.

'Oh! How come I forgot him!' she thought. Even if the encounter with the Silver masked man and sudden entry of Brother Lufan was odd, that drunkard man's words were more mysterious!

.

FLASHBACK

When she was returning with Brother Lufan, a drunkard man appeared in front of them. He was around the age of their parents. Even if he was drunk, he stood straight and had a strong aura, he ricked of alcohol.

Lufan quickly kept Su Yeon behind him and held her hand tightly. That drunkard man's face was hidden behind the tall and upward collar of his overcoat, but his eyes were visible. Looking at them, his eyes softened and instinctively they both held their guard down. Somehow they felt secure but his eyes became cold suddenly, alerting them.

He was looking back and forth between the two of them and that construction site, and shouted, "You can't run away from the situation! You are fated to be together! Hahahaha! You can't avoid it, it is going to happen!"

They both ignored him and started walking but Su Yeon heard what he said next. He said incoherently to himself, "...and I will make sure that it will happen! Even if it costs my life! I have to do it! I have to do it!"

During the whole time, they both were busy with their own thoughts. When they both came to the premises of the mansion, Lufan asked, "Umm... Can you forget... No nothing. Are you hurt somewhere?".

She knew what he wanted to talk about so she replied, "I am fine, don't worry, I won't mention anything that happened today."

He hurriedly said, "No it's not what you think. I mean yes please don't mention it but it is for your safety. They all will get panic and it will create misunderstanding. It's better if you forget it completely... so it will not lead to something else." They went in and everything became normal.

The rest of the time, she wanted to confirm the wound on Lufan's leg. If there was her handkerchief, then the silver masked man must be him.

FLASHBACK ENDS

.

Su Yeon tried to connect the dots.

As said by that gangster, that masked man was a high school student, preparing for the entrance exam. Coincidently Brother Lufan was also a senior high school student preparing for the entrance exam of medical university.

Also, when she ran down from that building and was about to go back to check on him, he suddenly came in front of her, that too from the same way she came!

After that, he was a little breathless and limping. That masked man has an injured leg too.

Coincidence can happen only once or twice, but this! It happened thrice at the same time!

There is another thing! That drunkard's words. What he said loudly may be considered nonsense but what he whispered to himself was something different. She forced herself to forget it that time because she was young and didn't know the seriousness of it.

After that incident, she heard that Brother Lufan scored the top grade in the entrance exam and went abroad to study medicine. Wang family was busy because of politics and elections. She couldn't contact him those years.

Today when she saw the man in front of her, she felt that it was Brother Lufan. Before calling him, she wanted to confirm so she observed him quietly. He was sitting with a man, probably one of his patients, but his back was facing her.

She couldn't find him later. If he was really Brother Lufan, he would have recognized her voice when she was behind him, but the young man didn't. Considering this possibility, she stopped thinking about this mess and went to sleep... unaware of the young man's reaction and intentional avoidance of her.

0