Chapter 1
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    10:41 am- University of Kentian, Lexine, Kentucky October 18th, 2024

P.O.V- Third person- Luca

        Class was almost over. Almost two hours of working on the damnable figure before him. Nude portraits gave the worst trouble to Luca. He could never get the nipple color right on her. The rest of the work was absolutely a stunning oil painting of the individual sat before the group of tired art students. Luca brushed his copper hair out of the way causing a bit of pink paint to stick to his forehead. He didn't even care. Looking at the clock it was 10:43. So close to being able to clean up and put this work away for the day. Monsieur Talebeaux strode behind the small male with a gruff noise of approval. Twirling his traditional mustache, he eyed Luca's painting closely.  

        "Look at it! Magnifique! Except, it seems as though the shade of pink on the nipples is just barely off. Wonderful work once again my star pupil!" Clapping his hands together Monsieur Talebeaux looked at the rest of his students. "Clean up time! Now I know it is a little early and I will not be taking points off today for unfinished work. My treat for the week before Fall break! You all have worked so hard my little dumplings." 

        Upon the dismissal, Luca promptly fixed the shade he had just created on his palette, and then applied it to his work. The students would leave their paintings upon their easels as they needed to dry over the break. Monsieur Talebeaux would grade them then as well. Luca knew the professor would push him just a bit more than the rest of the students in regards to his outstanding work. Being the star pupil of several classes was tough after all. 

        Luca grabbed his brushes and bottle of safflower oil to clean his supplies. Glares from several of his classmates certainly did not go unnoticed as the tired young man made his way to one of the many sinks. A snicker was heard as the class bully 'accidentally' tripped and dropped his paint pallette upon Lucas back legs. It smeared oil paint all over his jeans. It'd be a bitch to get out for sure. Seeing the professor turning around at the commotion, he would sigh defeat and go back to washing his brushes. 

        This was how Luca lived right now. Exhausted, bullied, and ahead of the rest of his classmates in school. What Luca did not know, is how deep the hatred ran by some of his classmates. As you see, not all of them were human. Humanity was still coming to terms with the discovery of vampires among society in 2014. Naturally the self coined term, vampire, also came with the natural enhancements and abilities of the once believed fictional creature. So when a human was "better" than them, it made them angry.

        What was also frustrating, to all races, was the discovery of the natural "subdomier" gene as they called it. It determined the type of life you were set to live as soon as you turned 18. You had up to sixth months after turning 18 to obtain the test and get your results. For some this spelled disaster, for others, it upped their status among society. Society was becoming ruled by the Dominants, and the Submissives were meant to serve. There were of course sub categories to the gene, involving psychological testing to see if you were a little, a simple sub, a slave, a noncon slut, a daddy/mommy, alpha, omega, beta, and so on. 

        The thing is, Luca had yet to get his results. He knew they should be arriving any day now. He'd check his mail when he went back to the dorm. Everyone expected Luca to defy normal human categories and be an Alpha Dom. At least, that is how his skills and looks portrayed him. Personality?  Not so much.

        Luca grabbed his bag after donning his coat and hurried out of the room with a middle finger to the class bully. He did not care enough for anything more. Exiting the art building he felt the nip of the cold air on his nose. It was windy today and the leaves shimmied across the ground before him. His ginger locks blew behind him as he turned and hurried down the street. He would need to get changed for his next class, and he was eager to check the mail. Biting his lower lip out of nervousness, a horrible habit of his, he hurried the normally fifteen minute walk to the apartment down to ten. 

        Walking into the mail center he fiddled with his keys to open his mailbox. Luca was so nervous he had bit into his lip and it was flushed with blood. Licking his lip he tasted the coppery essence. How did vampires stand it? Seriously? 

        There the letter sat, waiting for Luca to pick it up and tear it open. The wax seal of the Vampire family in charge of the operation holding it closed. Luca held it, scared. He did not know how his life would change. 

        He closed the mailbox and made his way upstairs. Going to room 413 he entered the small apartment and closed the door behind him. It was quaint. A simple modern apartment with a conjoined living and kitchen area. An island/bar dividing the two. A bedroom to the right and some closet storage as well. Shedding his coat and bag he made his way to the kitchen and set the letter on the counter. Swiftly he ran to his room and changed into simple jeans and a graphic t-shirt. Trying not to hyperventilate the young man grabbed the letter and opened it. His next class would have to wait.

~Chapter Complete~

0