Rain on you
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

??? POV

??? Island

I stood on an undiscovered island, once used for the slave trade. My troops and I had raided the island and were currently liberating the slaves, while also searching for any remaining enemy operators.

To my right, a small child, who looked to be about 6 years old, played in the ruins of what used to be his prison. He was a Native American child, showing signs of bruises on his body, but he still played merrily, as if ignoring his injuries. From what I had heard from the other victims, he was a 4-year-old child who was kidnapped when he was 2 years old because of his amazing physique. He was supposed to be sold at 3 years old, but the buyer was killed, so the traffickers were looking for any group to buy him for the highest price. During his time in captivity, the child was initially scared and sad, but as time passed, he adapted and grew used to the rough lifestyle. They say when he was 3, he disobeyed one of the guards and they kicked him in the back as punishment, but the child did not care, and as soon as he got back up, he played normally. No matter how little he was fed, he still grew better than a normal child. They called the child a freak of nature. The child did not know any language but knew only the words of his captors and the people in the encampment. He had no family.

"He is the one," I thought as I looked at the child. "He will be the one to inherit my knowledge. He will become my disciple."

 

 

South Africa 

Mountains of Limpopo

Rain POV

I walked through the forested mountains of Limpopo, carrying my equipment in a bag, looking for the base of the White Sun hunters that I would be joining. According to my mentor, they were a newly established White faction hunter group that had been working to kill Black faction members and the evil elites of the world. They were the third White faction hunters assigned to kill in the North America and African region by the White faction heads.

The White faction was still new; a few years ago, it was just a group of hackers. During 2012, a good group of hackers existed. They were responsible for blackmailing corrupt governments and evil elites. These hackers grew tired of seeing the evil and corruption of the world live safely and freely, so they decided to form the White faction secretly. They slowly gathered hackers, mercenaries, medical experts, and others who were good or at least disgusted by evil. They invested their capital from hacking into several investments and businesses and grew it. This money was used to give an incentive or payment to all who joined or would join to work with them. They knew most people would not be willing to risk their lives to save the world, so they offered them enough wealth to risk it, and those chosen by them were decent enough people to feel disgusted by the evil of the world and stay. The White faction only grew stronger as the years went by, and people started realizing what people in the black market or in power could get away with. The White faction is now recognized by the blackmailed as a business partner. The White faction never cut ties with the black market as they hate evil acts like kidnapping or torture for pleasure, not money laundering or jumping borders, so though their relationship is tense with one part of the market, it is peaceful with the other. The White faction hunters were a bounty hunting group established by the White faction to identify evil people with a bounty on them and inform and help their members kill them and claim the money or they themselves post a bounty for them to their members and help them kill them. It is still new as it was only started in 2018.

I slowed my walking pace as I started to see a large camouflaged bunker appearing in my vision. In front of the bunker, a large man in an unmarked army uniform with a bulletproof vest stood waiting for me. He was a black middle-aged man, bald, with a large beard, and had cold light brown eyes. The man walked towards me with measured steps, and when he reached me, he offered his hand for me to shake. "You must be Rain, nice to meet you." I shook his hand. "I am Rain, it is nice to meet you. And you are?" "You will learn my true name later but call me Crash; that is my name on operations," the man said. "You are a bit young; you must have been trained from youth." "Yes, I had been trained by my mentor since I was 8," I responded. The man nodded, then led me to a flat plain near the bunker. "We were not informed of your skillset, so we don't know what you specialize in and what your position in our group will be. If you specialize in close to mid-range combat, you must spar with me."

Instead of answering with words, I put my fist up. He seemed to understand my meaning and took a boxing stance. We stared at each other for a few seconds, and seeing I was not going to make a move, he started approaching me. I watched his body warily as he approached and made sure to pay attention to any signs of attack. When I noticed he was moving close enough so I was within his arm range and kick range, I knew he was going to attack. He did not betray my expectations. He assaulted me with a quick jab to the face, which I dodged by moving my head backward. He did not immediately continue with his next attack, which gave me the opportunity to move out of his range again. He moved towards me again, this time attacking me with a roundhouse kick. I swiftly avoided the kick by ducking and moved out of his range again. We continued in this pattern of him attacking and me dodging for a minute until I reached the edge of the flat plain and was close to the rocky area. He aimed for my stomach this time with a front right kick, which I sidestepped. Once his right leg hit the floor again, he did not attack me but instead kicked up the near dust and stones towards me, trying to obscure my view and get sand in my eyes. In my blocked view, he suddenly appeared in front of me with a left swing aiming for my head. This was an accurately thought-out move as my feet were on unsteady ground, and me dodging this punch would make me slip or put me in an unsteady position. I reacted to this by falling to the ground; my hands quickly caught me from hitting the ground. With calculated movements, his right leg kicked towards my head, aiming to injure me. I rolled sideways, avoiding him, and for the first time in this fight, I sprung from the ground with my left fist aiming for his head. He dodged my punch, sidestepping, putting me in range of his left fist. He swung his left fist at my face, my body still carrying the momentum of my jumping punch. His fist was a ruler's length from my face when it erratically swung then went limp. He at the same time let out a groan of pain and looked at me in shock. His left shoulder had been dislocated, and I was the one who did it. From the beginning of the fight, I knew I would win; I could tell he was strong, but compared to me, he was lacking. I already had a hundred ways to defeat him, and I had decided to use one of the best ways by using my environment. I had led him towards the rocky and unsteady ground on purpose to find a stone to use against him. He did not notice my motives because I acted like an analytical fighter by behaving like I was studying his moves, waiting for him to expose weakness or waiting for him to show specialty in a martial art so I could strike him with no worry. The battle then fell into the rhythm of me dodging and him attacking till we got to the field where I acquired the stone when he dropped me to the floor. In the spring jump where his fist almost hit me, I had concealed the stone in my right hand and swung it at the back of his shoulder with a body twist without him noticing.

My momentum ended, and I stopped a few meters away from him. He looked at me with no shock when he noticed the stone in my hand but more seriousness. I did not wait long and ran towards him with ferociousness. My right hand holding arced, ready to throw it at him. His eyes noticed the movement, and he got ready to dodge or block the stone as I got closer to him. I swung the stone with force, not towards his face or torso but towards his crotch. I was aiming for an unpredictable move. His eyes widened when he noticed the stone's coordinates, and he quickly shifted his legs to block the stone. When the stone hit his legs, I jumped at him with my knees towards his head. In the air, I wrapped my arms around his head as my knees hit his solar plexus, ending the fight. His body collapsed, and as

 we fell, I was put in a position where my body was on top of his. His head almost hit the nearby stones, but my hands were there to stop it.

Half a second later, he woke up from unconsciousness, and his eyes opened hurriedly. "You win," he said to me with respect in his eyes.

0