Affinities and profession.
138 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A translucent map screen floated in the middle of the air, blocking the view of the path ahead but allowing the path below to remain visible. However, who would march in a straight path when a world of mystical fantasy was right in front of his very eyes?

That's why, although Kiesh followed a path marked on the map, his entire attention was focused around him. His eyes trailed around, observing the view and storing it deep in his memories. The view, which he had only seen in movies, anime, and games, was now right in front of his very eyes.

The floating islands present in the sky were hovering alongside those gigantic clouds, resembling orange-colored crystal monocles scattered across the horizon. However, only one island was perfectly visible under the misty cloud. The tip of it glowed in an orange hue, accompanied by a rainbow bridge, like a crown.

This was the region of inner disciples, a place full of high-level cultivation knowledge. Here, inner disciples lived and practiced their cultivation path,

They were the only ones allowed to have an abode of their own. Kiesh could see some of the places on the map, but most of the area was blurred.

The only thing he could witness with naked eyes, without restriction, was the ground, which was not any less admirable than the sky. Building after building with an ancient theme, made of pure stone and intricately carved crystalline woods, spanned all around, leaving a narrow path in between, upon which Kiesh walked.

People wearing robes passed by near him, all of them were human, each of them having a particular color theme. But the most cherished aspect of all of this were the ladies; one was more beautiful than the other, adorned in elegant Hanfu attire, reminiscent of ancient times.

Everyone was either discussing cultivation resources or some type of ranking.

"This time's ranking was out of the world. A fairy swept through all of them like a wildfire."

"Yeah, how gorgeous she was... hmm... I wonder, will she allow me to hold her hand? Will she allow me to be one of her puppets?"

Kiesh ignored the uncomfortable simping and focused on the positive aspects of the cultivation world, like the environment. Despite being filled with stone buildings, there were various trees situated around, large and wide with thick branches and dense leaves.

It was sad that he needed to stop his observation as he reached his destination, which was a large building towering over everything, even the floating islands. This singular tower's tip reached the sky, disappearing into the clouds. Not only that, it also expanded left and right, almost stretching for kilometers wide golden carving meticulously marked around the edges forming mystical symbols.

When he reached it, it was like he was facing a humongous wall just a few meters away from him, ready to welcome him with artistic themes. He continued to walk until he was just a meter away from the wall that seemed to span infinitely on the left and right.

A new pop-up emerged.

[Scanning....]

[New disciples Detected]

[Preparing for the appropriate place...]

[Opening the door to the assessment areas..]

As those words appeared in front of his eyes, answering them, a specific part of the wall in front of him seemed to submerge back while the golden carvings arranged themselves to form a door shape. Golden ink filled the door shape, and in the next moment, a cool breeze came from it, followed by a suction force that dragged him inside a place full of people.

A figure floated above in the middle of the room, while below, disciples stood in a row. He was wearing a blue robe, hands behind his back, as he said, "I am Elder Anant, in charge of your assessment. Let me explain your role and motive for coming here."

"Most of you people have come from the lower world that are recently integrated, and some of you are from yet-to-be-integrated."

"I am sure all of you are familiar with Maya, the great spell that oversees the cosmos. There, on the layout, you have witnessed various Categories like status, gifts, sect techniques. Some of you fortunate enough have hidden features unlocked like Devouring, ability, art, so on. But there is one feature that is yet to be explored by you... that's battlefield. This is a land where war between empires is conducted under the Rules and regulations of Maya. This is unlocked for you when you are capable of fighting the war for your nation. And yes, here in the Mrityu lok, you are prepared for it."

"So,your sole reason for coming here is to learn and gather as much knowledge and techniques as you can, to power your home world."

" to do that There are various professions you could practise and let me tell you every one of them is important. Mundane thing like Cooking is necessary to provide healthy food that helps in cultivation, cleaning to clean away disease, healing, and so on."

 But you are only capable of learning the profession related to your affinity. If you have Earth affinity, you can learn how to construct, how to sculpt stone, and how to build defensive walls. If you have wood affinity, you can learn the nature of herbs, their effects, and how to use them in alchemy. In short, professions are limited to your affinity that comes from your constitution, but still, there are a lot of professions for you to learn."

When the explanation was underway, a particular lady who had white skin, blue eyes, and silver hair, was wearing a black dress spoke out, "What about the people who do not have any affinity?"

Elder Anant said, "Those who do not have any affinity don't have to panic over. In fact, you all will be assessed according to your aptitude and will be provided a particular list of professionals you can practice."

"Now," Elder Anant said, pointing toward one of the platforms which consistently had a portal. There were multiple portals of the same type presenting in each and every corner, edge, and wall. The entire place looked like a hub from where mass transportation was conducted. More than each one of these portals had a floating spherical device. One of these orbs was where Anant pointed.

"This orb here is our assessment device. This will assess your affinity, and then it will send a copy of Available and appropriate profession to your gift section. There will be a pop-up message in the sect category that you will receive one by one. As you do, you will come forward and stand in front of the portals."

Suddenly, another question rang out in the place; it was a boy with dark black hair and purple eyes.

"Elder, if you can access our profile and gift, why don't you see our affinity? Wouldn't that be easy?"

Students walked toward their assignment portal while Elder Anant explained.

"No, we can't. Maya spell has a strict policy of privacy. We can communicate with you and send you resources and information, but nobody can access another person's profile."

Kiesh was in the corner. He had just come here, and that much information had laid in front of him. More than that, there was now a hovering screen in front of him displaying,

[Portal A number 26]

8