Skills
93 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

These barrage of pop-ups didn't let Kiesh bask in the sweet feeling of victory; then again, it gave another reason for celebration – that being Skill.

Yes, amidst all of these messages, Skill was the only thing that caught his attention.

"Hell yeah, finally I'll be able to do some magical thing." Thinking that, Kiesh swiped away the rest of the screen, leaving only two behind.

[Skill Book: Vines] And [Art of Cutting Wood]

Kiesh focused on the skill book, and a translucent screen popped up containing info about the skill.

[Skill book: Vines]

<Rank: Advanced>

<Description: Using spirituality, you can materialize tree vines in thin air to attack or defend from the enemy. The closer the vines are to you, the more control you have over them.>

<Special effect: These vines have the effect of sucking enthralled prey's spirituality to sustain their existence.>

Requirements to learn:

<Wood affinity>

<Constitution awakened>

"Cool!" Kiesh said, remembering the battles he had fought. These vines were obstacles in his path to reach the weaknesses of the demon tree, and how they had thrown him aside multiple times; even now he can feel the exhaustion.

Then it suddenly dawned upon him; his eyes widened as he realized, "I see, that's why I always felt weak and hungry after the fight. I thought it was because I awakened my constitution, but that damned tree was sucking my spirituality because of that I had to eat tree leaves to calm my hunger."

Normal humans can only survive 3 to 5 days without water and food, but Kiesh did it with just eating leaves...

"Wait, did I just eat leaves to sustain myself?"

Kiesh's stomach churned as he felt something building up and rapidly rising toward his mouth.

—Bleugh! 

All the undigested leaves were vomited out, and Kiesh felt the hammer of hunger pounding his abdomen.

—Bleugh!

After a round of vomiting, Kiesh felt himself beating himself up; if his mother were to learn that he ate tree leaves to survive, surely a round of scolding and a lot of food would be the only things waiting for him.

Kiesh quickly composed himself. Now he had a skill and a weapon art; with this, he could hunt prey and eat good food, he thought and retrieved the skill book from his inventory. He had already done this with spirit stone, so it was not very difficult; in fact, it wasn't even foreign to him. He blamed Maya for this.

Immediately, a green book materialized into thin air, floating in front of his very eyes, bearing a symbol of tree vines entangled together to form a rising double standards symbol.

Descending from up to down, Kiesh extended his palm, catching it the moment his fingertip touched the surface of the skill book. Information related to how to use this skill book flashed in his mind.

Concentrating his focus, he wished for the book to open up, and the solid structure of the book dispersed in the air, transforming into flickering green particles flowing toward him, forming some mystical symbols.

As these symbols were absorbed into his body, he felt a warm, soothing sensation followed by pain.

Nothing much for him; it was bearable, akin to an ant bite.

[Congratulations, you have learned  an Advance skill: Vines.]

The classification of skills followed Basic to Epic

Basic skill 

Advanced skill 

Extraordinary skill

Rare skill

Unique skill

Epic skill.

After assessing his own skill, Kiesh's attention was drawn toward a particular section of his menu:

Art

[Art of Cutting Woods]

[Rank: Unique]

<Description: This is a weapon art which uses the concept of cutting wood to attack the opponent with an axe, developed by a woodcutter who accidentally became a cultivator.>

<It has total 7 forms.>

<Currently unlocked: three forms.>

<First form :- Timber strike.>

<Using axe you can decapitated opponent from his weapons this involved swinging the axe with precision and accurate Aim.>

<Second form: "Your defense is weak.">

< This attack involves a powerful downward swing aimed at the opponent's weapon or shield, with the intent of breaking or splintering it upon impact and incapacitating the enemy.>

<Third form: "Oops, You Slipped.">

< This attack involves you attacking the ground using spirituality itself, generating a small earthquake beneath your opponent's feet to make them lose balance and fall.>

[After learning about his newfound strength, Kiesh immediately wanted to find a victim who would be a practice dummy for his skill.

Thinking this, his eyes trailed around, trying to find the fated one, but trees were the only things in the field of his vision; not even the chirping of birds was present around.

"Ah, I have to move from here," Kiesh thought. It was right if he wanted to find good food and prey, he needed to search outside this area. He knew there wasn't even an ant present in the entire kilometer radius.

The only reason he was here was to defeat this damned tree, which was accomplished, so he had no reason to stay any longer.

But before that. 

"Let me check the demon tree corpse," saying that, Kiesh moved toward the decapitated body of the tree.

Kiesh wondered about the nature of the tree and how its roots had disappeared upon the trunk being injured.

If Kiesh had carefully read the information about the mission, he would have come to know that the weak point of this demon tree was the trunk; the moment it got injured would be a complete defeat because most of the spirituality gathered from the branches is stored in the trunk, making it the most important part to protect. It serves as the main control unit for all branches, leading it to be protected more seriously.

But who cares about this?

Not Kiesh.

When he has defeated an adversary, it's the end of the chapter for him. The only thing remaining is loot.

So now it was time for him to get his loot.

Kiesh searched the demon tree corpse, trying to find anything useful.

5