Side effects
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The intensity of side effects remained constant for the entire hour, leaving Kiesh in the embrace of the dream realm.

When his eyes were closed, those previously half-burned ethereal fibre in his abdomen started to catch fire, burning like hair climbing up to the diaphragm, revealing another flickering orb.

After the ferocity of side effects reduced to a bearable level, Kiesh opened his eyes with a ringing tinnitus sound in his ear and dryness in his mouth. Swallowing his saliva, he tried to ease the discomfort in his neck, only to increase it further.

—Ding!

[Congratulations on learning Flame Wisp skill]

<Symptoms of side effects are dulled to a bearable level>

<Immortal Conquer physique activated>

<Soul strength is increasing>

<Increasing>

<Increasing>

<Congratulations on freeing spiritual root to stage 2>

<The progression is stopped because of the insufficient runic energy>

"This scamming Maya, what's the use of informing me about the  restrictions  when I have already suffered from it?"

The ringing sound was so annoying to the point that it made Kiesh ignore all of the pop-up notifications from Maya. He didn't have the will to focus on the content within the translucent screen, and his thirst further made him unable to concentrate on anything, which was increasing to a dangerous level.

That's why, after cursing at Maya, he gathered his resolve and strengthened his will to reach the base, which was a water lake. There, he was able to ease his thirst, and that's what he did upon reaching the water source: drink.

Drinking a lot of water from the waterfall, he consumed it like there was no tomorrow and continued to do so for an entire hour.

When his taste buds were thoroughly waterized, only then did he stop.

After that, Kiesh decided to cook food, so he caught some fish from the lake using his vines skill and moved toward the place, which was his little kitchen in this forest.

He made a barricade using thin and long wooden blocks, entrapping a table, his kitchen was inside this barricade.

His kitchen contained a fireplace, a table, a chair, and a plat; all of them were made by simply chopping wood.

This table was a large piece of trunks placed in the middle.

The chair was also a trunk.

After butchering the fish on the table, he sliced some meat into small pieces using his axe and hung them on a wood stick. Doing so, he again thanked his mom for teaching him how to cook, although he never had to do so because his sister and mother were masters of food making delicious dishes daily even then His mother taught him saying if he were to live alone he will be able to feed himself properly.

Lastly, Kiesh placed the meat stick above the two V-shaped tips of branches so it could be grilled.

The thin wooden blocks below this meat stick were fire fuel.

"Here goes the fire wisp."

Saying that, Kiesh closed his eyes, trying to activate the newly acquired basic skill while harnessing spirituality from his body.

Immediately, Kiesh felt energy draining from his being, followed by a flame manifesting on his fingertip.

Kiesh manipulated this wisp like a butterfly, guiding it towards the meat stick. Then, he directed it downward at the bottom where multiple thinly cut wooden blocks were placed to be used as fire fuel.

The moment this wisp made contact with these fuels, it surged like a flood, engulfing every piece of wooden block.

After thoroughly cooking the fish, he detached a piece and ate as quickly as he could, afraid a thief would sweep in and steal his things.

While eating, Kiesh concentrated on the tree vines around him, which were the results of his skill. He made these tree vines drill into the ground and settle below the fireplace. The moment the Thief Monkey would come, Kiesh would immediately manipulate these vines and trap it.

And the time he was waiting for did come after eating half of the food.

Suddenly, a humanoid shadow phased out from existence, moving at an intense speed, grabbing the meat stick in the blink of an eye.

But

This time, Kiesh was alarmed and on edge. More importantly, he was ready. He immediately commanded tree vines below to surge up, making a cocoon shape around the platform where he cooked, trapping the meat stick, fire, and monkey within.

"Haha got you now what's the use of having fast speed when you fall in a trap.."

"Hehe he"

He waited for a little while, expecting the struggle of Thief Monkey.

"What's happening?"

But there was nothing for another couple of minutes.

"Did he faint?"

Kiesh thought the monkey collapsed because of lack of air, so he commanded the wooden cocoon to open.

Alas, the sight he was envisioning was not there; instead, the cocoon was empty with dead fire and rising smoke.

There was no trace of food and that Quick Thief monkey.

"Escape again!"

"Count your day, monkey but Don't you have any shame on living while stealing"

"Have some guts and prepare your own food. How long are you going to live the life of a thief?"

Kiesh continued to vent his frustration, but there was no one to hear him other than the fish hidden under the lake.

After eating, Kiesh went to complete a 2-star mission again; it was about collecting herbs.

He plucked it and received the reward.

[2-star mission completed]

<Reward issued>

<5 spirit stones>

After seeing that night was approaching, Kiesh came back and cultivated for a while and slept.

The next day, he repeated the routine and continued to do so for the next couple of days.

[2-star herb transportation mission completed]

[3-star corpse collecting mission completed]

[1-star getting water mission completed]

[20 spirit stones gained]

[10 spirit stones gained]

[33 Merit points gained]

[Low-level Mantra gained]

[Skill book gained]

[Low-level artefact gained]

[5 spirit stones…]

[Merit points gained..]

0