Prologue
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once, thousands of moon cycles ago the moon goddess spent each night above the world all alone.

All the creatures lived by daylight and slept by night, sheltering from the dark and cold.

which was why no one had ever noticed the beautiful blanket of stars that the moon goddess laid out every night.

then one night a young boy lost track of time, and hurried home to the village, long after the sun had set.

he heard the sound of crying in the distance he looked up and saw the moon goddess crying.

now you might wonder ‘how did he know it was the moon goddess?’ Well she was dressed all in silver, which no one wore, in case it would spite Kioki the god of sun.

but still knowing this he showed great concern, and thought of the goddess crying all the way home.

when he told his friends and family what he had witnessed, they together gathered about half the village who agreed that they would forsake the sun Kioki to follow Naomi the moon goddess instead.

 They soon discovered that the night was very peaceful and the stars and moon could gide them as easy as the sun could.

To thank the villagers for their kindness Naomi offered a special gift, the crescent temple.

any child born in the temple would have the ability to control and freeze water.

The villagers who had stayed in the sunlight grew restless even a few families joined the moon people for their powers.

Kioki, in order to keep her people gave them a kingdom with its own temple and choose a ruler.

And those who followed a goddess were given legacies to keep in names.

like one legacy could be trees, the mother (or in rare cases father) would be named after a tree and she would name her daughter or son after a tree and the daughter would name her children after trees and so on.

Soon the moon people found out and started to use their own legacies to prove themselves to their goddess.

The mayor of the town chose her legacy to be related to the night sky and named her son Star.

Naomi, flattered by this sent a towering kingdom out of the ground around the temple.

Kioki found out and threatened Naomi to stop copying her.

Naomi furious sent for her people to attack the sun people.

and the wars began.

 

0