Chapter 7: Rewards and Departures
133 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: Rewards and Departures

Sunlight streamed through the window, painting stripes across Scarlet's face as she slept peacefully beside him. Kai watched her, a contented smile playing on his lips. The memory of their night together was vivid, the system's knowledge proving surprisingly effective. He'd managed to keep her entertained and satisfied for a far longer time than he ever thought possible.

The encounter had left him with a lingering sense of satisfaction, but also a renewed curiosity about the system. He had a feeling it was time to test its lottery function again. Slipping out of bed, careful not to disturb Scarlet's slumber, he headed to the bathroom and closed the door.

With a focused thought, he activated the system. A translucent panel materialized in the mirror, displaying a familiar message.

**Congratulations, Kai Sharma! You have earned one entry into the Perfect Incubus Lottery! Would you like to participate?**

A surge of anticipation coursed through him. He tapped "Yes" on the virtual screen. The panel shimmered, and a flurry of icons flashed across it: a muscular arm, a brain radiating light, a smiling face. Finally, one icon blinked and remained highlighted - a single eye.

**Congratulations! You have won Enhanced Memory and Enhanced Intelligence!**

Kai felt a jolt of exhilaration. Enhanced memory? As a programmer, his mind constantly overflowed with information. An eidetic memory could be a game-changer, allowing him to retain and recall even the most intricate code. And enhanced intelligence? The possibilities were endless. He could finally tackle those complex algorithms he'd always dreamed of working on.

The panel displayed another message:

**Your physical attractiveness will be gradually enhanced over a period of one month. This is to ensure a natural-looking transformation.**

Kai raised an eyebrow. Looks like "handsomeness" wasn't an instant reward. But a gradual change made sense, wouldn't raise any immediate flags. He just hoped the system wouldn't turn him into some chiseled Adonis overnight. A bit of improvement was all he needed, a boost to complement the confidence he felt blooming within him.

With a satisfied grin, Kai exited the bathroom, the scent of coffee already filling the air. He peeked into the bedroom. Scarlet was still asleep, a faint smile playing on her lips. He felt a pang of something that resembled fondness, but pushed it down. This wasn't a relationship, just a fleeting moment of connection.

He decided to order breakfast, something delicious and guilt-free. Then, on a piece of paper, he scribbled a quick note, thanking her for the night and leaving his contact information - just in case. He didn't expect to hear back, but leaving the option felt right.

Scarlet stirred as the doorbell rang, the aroma of food wafting into the bedroom. She stretched, a satisfied yawn escaping her lips. The memory of the night flickered in her mind, a fleeting but pleasurable encounter. But she was a creature of the moment, and new opportunities awaited.

Glancing beside her, she saw the note and the waiting breakfast delivery. A ghost of a smile touched her lips. A charming one-night stand who left her breakfast - not bad. She tucked the note into her pocket, more as a memento than anything else.

Kai, meanwhile, had already left the apartment. He needed to process his new abilities, to explore the potential of his enhanced memory and intelligence. He also needed to figure out how to navigate this newfound confidence, this charm the system seemed to be bestowing upon him.

As he walked down the street, the weight of the system felt lighter somehow. It wasn't just a tool for seduction, as he'd initially feared. It was a potential key to unlocking his own potential, to becoming the best version of himself. And in that moment, under the golden morning sun, he felt a spark of genuine hope. Hope for love, yes, but also hope for a future filled with possibilities. He was Kai Sharma, and his life was just beginning. 

2