Chapter 1 – Great Freedom Heavenly Demon Scripture!
55 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Great Qi Dynasty.

Sky Martial City.

Gu family.

As night fell, the grand hall was brightly lit.

In the center of the hall lay a young man, his body covered in blood, his breath faint. Around him stood dozens of core Gu family members, each exuding a murderous aura, like a pack of wolves ready to pounce!

"Today, we have Gu Han, the adopted son of the Gu family!

He has committed heinous crimes, defied human decency, lost his mind, harmed his kin, and attempted patricide!"

A tall and slender youth stared at the young man, his eyes filled with cruelty and pleasure, and said slowly, "The elder has decreed: strip him of his title as Young Master, cripple his cultivation, sever his meridians, expel him from the family, and banish him from the city, to serve as a warning to others!"

Below.

Gu Han lay immobile, silent, his face smeared with blood, but his eyes, fixed on the crowd, burned with an intense flame, as if ready to incinerate everything before him!

"Young Master!"

At that moment.

A cry of alarm suddenly came from outside, from a girl about thirteen or fourteen years old, holding a broken black sword, her bright eyes and white teeth contrasting with her youth.

Slap!

A crisp slap rang out, and the girl was struck across the face by a guard, stumbling to the ground, her fair cheek visibly swelling, a trace of blood at the corner of her mouth.

She seemed not to notice, struggling to her feet, still trying to enter the hall, only to be slapped to the ground again by the guard.

"How rare. You've fallen to such a state, yet this fool remains unwaveringly loyal to you."

Glancing outside, the youth sneered and said, "You, a foundling, what makes you worthy of being the Gu family's Young Master? What gives you the right to use our family's resources? What makes you deserving of such loyalty?"

"You're jealous of me."

The fire in Gu Han's eyes burned brighter, and though his voice was weak, it carried a mocking tone, "Even if you kill me, with such despicable means, you will never be my equal!"

"..."

The youth's fingers twitched, a flash of fear and murderous intent in his eyes.

"Gu Han."

He suddenly crouched down, speaking earnestly, "I've waited for this day for seventeen years. Do you think, in your current state, you and she can survive outside the city, amidst the Demonic Beasts? A day? Half a day? Or... even less?"

"I will return."

Gu Han's eyelids drooped, hiding the hatred and fire within.

"Very well."

The youth slowly stood up, looking down from above, "I'll be waiting for your return, for your revenge, waiting for you... to kill me!"

"Enough."

At the head of the hall, an old man with a hawk-like nose and eagle eyes waved his hand, speaking indifferently, "Throw him out."

It was Gu Zhang, the great elder of the Gu family!

"Yes!"

Immediately, someone responded, dragging Gu Han out.

As figures moved, the lamplight flickered, casting Gu Zhang's face in alternating light and shadow, his already solemn expression gaining a few more shades of cruelty and malice.

"Just like a dog."

Watching Gu Han being dragged out, the youth exhaled the pent-up frustration in his chest, saying with satisfaction, "A dog that has lost its home!"

"From this day forth." Gu Zhang pointed to the youth, looked around at everyone, and declared solemnly, "My grandson, Gu Yang, is the new Young Master of the Gu family."

"Greetings, Young Master!"

The crowd's faces were warm, and they bowed in submission immediately!

"My friends, please rise!"

Gu Yang laughed heartily, his mood greatly lifted!

Outside the hall.

The night was dark, and the young man and girl were dragged away, disappearing into the blackness, accompanied by the biting cold wind and the girl's sobs.

Inside the hall.

Servants added more lamps, bright as daylight, and the crowd's enthusiasm was like the scorching sun of summer, warming Gu Yang's heart.

***

Three days later.

Inside Sky Martial City.

As the morning sun rose, it brought a hint of vitality to this small border town.

On the streets of the city.

A frail-looking girl of about thirteen or fourteen, clenching her teeth, was carrying a young man on her back, moving forward slowly. The young man, around seventeen or eighteen, had a black broken sword tied to his back with coarse cloth strips, his body covered in blood, his breath weak, having been unconscious for a long time.

It was Gu Han!

And the girl was not much better off.

Her dress, once a distinct color, was now indistinguishable, covered in dust. Her once fair and delicate face was now marred with several bright red slap marks. Sweat continuously slid down her face, stinging her wounds and causing her to frown from time to time.

It was unclear how far she had walked.

Her shoes had long been worn through, her feet a bloody mess.

With each step, a faint blood footprint was left on the cobblestone ground.

"Ptui-! Asshole!"

"You're giving him too much credit; he's not even worth being called a asshole!"

"That's right, after the Gu family raised him for seventeen years, he committed the unforgivable act of patricide, utterly insane!"

"..."

Seeing the two of them.

People's eyes were filled with mockery and disdain, hurling insults one after another.

Over these three days.

With Gu Zhang's intentional spreading of the news, Gu Han's act of patricide had almost spread throughout Sky Martial City, and he had gone from the radiant Young Master of the Gu family three days ago to a dying man scorned by everyone today.

The people's words, the girl seemed not to hear them, or perhaps she did but no longer had the strength to argue.

She struggled to take steps, her slightly bewildered eyes filled with determination, leaving behind a trail of blood footprints as she continued forward.

Her destination.

Was none other than the City Lord's Mansion!

***

At the same time.

Inside the Gu family's main hall, Gu Zhang and Gu Yang, grandfather and grandson, were in deep conversation.

"Grandfather." Gu Yang was puzzled, "Why didn't we just kill Gu Han that day? Wouldn't that have been the end of it?"

"Kill him?"

Gu Zhang glanced at him.

"We secretly surrounded and killed Gu Tian, taking back control of the Gu family, that's one! Pinning the blame on Gu Han and now having completely crippled him, that's two!"

Gu Tian, was the head of the Gu family, and was Gu Han's adoptive father.

"There's more."

Gu Zhang continued, "He's gravely injured now, and I've completely shattered his meridians. He certainly won't live past three days. Why should I personally do the deed? Besides, the longer he clings to life, the better it is for us!"

"I see." Gu Yang had an epiphany, "Grandfather wants to use this incident to build momentum for us?"

"Exactly." Gu Zhang nodded in satisfaction, "The more tragic his end, the more it will deter others, and it will also highlight our family's benevolence! It will even benefit your future attendance at the Great Qi Martial Academy!"

Great Qi Martial Academy, located in the capital of the Great Qi Dynasty, it was a gathering place for the young elites of the dynasty, a place where countless young talents were eager to enter. If one performed exceptionally well, they could even be noticed by higher sects and taken in as direct disciples, soaring to great heights.

However, the academy was strict in its admissions.

And in a small place like Sky Martial City, there was only one spot available every five years, leading to fierce competition among the families.

"Enough! Let's not talk about him anymore."

He changed the subject, warning, "Remember, in a month, it will be the battle for the Martial Academy's spot. You must not be negligent and miss this godsend opportunity!"

"Don't worry, Grandfather."

Hearing the words 'Martial Academy,' Gu Yang smiled smugly.

"Without Gu Han, the rest of them... are not worth considering! This battle is destined to be the start of my rise, Gu Yang!"

The path of cultivation is endless.

Qi Condensation, Meridian Opening, Meridian Unblocking, Yuan Gathering, Spirit Profound, Divine... Each realm can be divided into nine minor levels.

He was only nineteen years old and had already reached the fifth level of Meridian Opening. Although it was a bit less than Gu Han's seventh level, compared to the rest of the young generation in Sky Martial City, he was definitely superior.

"It's just a pity."

A hint of regret flashed in his eyes.

"If I could get that Golden Seal from Gu Tian's hands, it would have been perfect."

"Don't be greedy."

Gu Zhang waved his hand.

"Having the Gu family under our control and having disposed of that little bastard is already the best outcome. As for that Golden Seal..."

He showed a hint of wariness in his eyes.

"At first, I thought it was some incredible divine object, but as you saw later, Gu Tian became wildly aggressive because of it, losing all recognition of kin. It might carry great risks, and even if you got it, you might not be able to control it!"

"Grandfather, are you sure... Gu Tian is really dead?"

"He can't be alive!"

Gu Zhang's eyes narrowed, his face certain.

"That sword, I personally stabbed it into his heart! Not even the City Lord could survive such a wound, let alone him!"

At that moment.

A series of hurried footsteps came from outside.

"Great Elder, Young Master! Gu... Gu Han has returned!"

"What did you say!"

In an instant, Gu Yang's expression darkened, "Where is he?"

"He seems... to have gone to the City Lord's Mansion."

***

In front of the City Lord's Mansion.

"How dare you!" A guard looked coldly at the girl, "What status does our young miss have? How could she be friends with a patricide? If you dare to slander our young miss's reputation again, don't blame me for killing you!"

"But..."

The girl was somewhat at a loss, murmuring, "Isn't Miss Liu a friend of the young master? Please, let me in, the young master... he's dying..."

"Ah-Sha..."

Suddenly, a weak voice came, waking the unconscious Gu Han with the noise. "Why... are we here?"

"Young Master, I want to ask Miss Liu to save you!"

"It's no use, let's go..."

"But..."

"Listen to me, let's go!"

***

In the City Lord's Mansion.

In the back garden.

A woman dressed in a light cyan robe, her skin fairer than snow, her figure graceful, stood quietly, her demeanor cool and elegant.

It was the daughter of the City Lord -- Liu Ying.

"Miss."

Behind her, the maid was full of confusion, "He's about to die, won't you help him?"

"Why should I help?"

"But you and he were once..."

"That was three days ago."

"Miss, do you also believe that Gu Han committed patricide? I think... he's not that kind of person."

"Patricide?"

Liu Ying turned around, her face so beautiful it made the entire garden's fragrance pale in comparison.

"Whether I believe it or not, it's no longer important."

Her voice was cold and distant.

"How can a swan associate with sparrows? How can the bright moon be compared to fireflies? He once stood above all, bathed in glory, the number one talent of Sky Martial City, but now, he's just a dying cripple, and I... am still me."

"After all."

She changed the subject, "That esteemed guest should arrive in Sky Martial City today; come with me to welcome him."

"Yes."

The maid responded and hurriedly followed.

***

In a quiet corner of the street.

Ah-Sha still carried Gu Han on her back, and though her strength was at its end, she refused to let go.

Behind her.

There were no more bloody footprints.

The flesh had been worn away, leaving no blood to mark their path.

With every step, the pain was heart-wrenching!

Suddenly, she swayed, no longer able to hold on, and collapsed to the ground, with Gu Han rolling to the side.

"Cough cough..."

Aggravating his injuries, Gu Han spat out another mouthful of blood.

"Medicine!" Seeing this, Ah-Sha's somewhat dim-witted mind seemed to finally have a moment of clarity. "Young Master, wait for me! I'll find medicine; I won't let you die!"

As she spoke.

She was already staggering towards the distance.

"Come back..."

Gu Han wanted to stop her, but how could he?

Gu Zhang!!!

Gu Yang!!!

Thinking of his own plight and his adoptive father's fate, a towering rage and hatred surged in his heart. He struggled to lift his arm, rummaging in his chest.

After a moment.

His bloodstained palm trembled as it opened.

A thumb-sized, square-shaped Golden Seal, covered in dense inscriptions, lay quietly in his palm.

"I can't die!"

His eyes bloodshot, a flash of madness crossed his face, "If I die, my adoptive father's vengeance will go unavenged! If I die, Ah-Sha will die too... No, her fate will be worse than death!"

"She's important to me, very important!"

"I can't let anything happen to her!"

"Adoptive father!"

He gritted his teeth, "I'm sorry, I didn't listen to you!"

Spurt —!

As he spoke, he mustered his last strength, a mouthful of vital blood spraying out, landing on the Golden Seal!

In an instant!

The Golden Seal shone brightly!

The inscriptions on the seal seemed to come to life, slowly flowing down, turning into mysterious runes that surged into his forehead!

Countless runes converged in his mind, forming a towering Golden Book!

Radiant and mysterious!

On the cover of the book, six characters shone brightly!

[Great Freedom Heavenly Demon Scripture!]

At the same time.

A voice full of contemplation suddenly came from within the Golden Seal.

"Gu Han, right?

Physical compatibility is passable.

Talent is passable.

Appearance... tsk tsk, not at all passable, a world apart from this lord.

But alas, in times of adversity, one cannot be choosy.

It will have to be you!"

0