Chapter 6 – Crisis! Fourth-Order Demonic Beast!
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deep within the dense forest.

Bang!

With an effortless flick, Gu Commander sent a first-order Demonic Beast flying before turning his attention to the guard before him.

"Are you certain it's him?"

"Judging by the wounds, it's an exact match to the previous ones, no doubt about it!"

"Good!"

Gu Commander nodded in approval.

"Well done. To cleanly dispatch a first-order Demonic Beast with such ease, his strength must have recovered significantly. You did well not to act rashly. Now, let me personally handle him!"

"Yes, sir!"

...

"In the so-called Extreme Realm,"

Within the space of consciousness.

The shadow regained its previous composure and confidence, lecturing Gu Han at length.

"The Extreme Realm is a special state beyond the ordinary realms. How could someone like you, who has just stepped onto the path of cultivation, weak as an ant, possibly know of it? Besides, even those who know of the Extreme Realm find it as difficult as ascending to the heavens to cultivate it! Back in my day, this lord..."

"Get to the point!"

"..."

The shadow choked, annoyed: "In short, it's extremely difficult! And not every realm possesses one! Moreover, to cultivate such a realm, aside from spending a great deal of time and energy, luck is a huge factor!"

Just moments ago.

He had struck a deal with Gu Han.

He would reveal the methods to cultivate the Extreme Realm in exchange for Gu Han sparing his life.

So, despite feeling frustrated.

He still informed him truthfully.

"Qi Condensation, Meridian Unblocking, Divine Consciousness... These realms may seem to culminate at the ninth level, but that's not the case. The true end is the tenth level... the Extreme Realm I just mentioned!"

"To surpass the ninth level... is to break the shackles of the Dao! You can imagine the difficulty! Back then..."

"What about the rest?"

Gu Han interrupted him without any courtesy.

"You..."

The shadow was seething with anger.

"Didn't you just say you were at the Qi Condensation Stage? What do you need to know so much for? Young man, don't aim too high; focus on the solid path ahead!"

"Fine!"

Gu Han didn't press further.

"First, tell me how to reach the Extreme Realm of the Qi Condensation Stage!"

He was well aware of the other's intentions.

Deliberately withholding information to pique his curiosity and desire for strength, so he wouldn't act rashly again.

In fact.

Gu Han had always intended to keep his promise.

With the Sword Prison at his disposal, the shadow couldn't play any tricks, and since his origins were extraordinary, keeping him alive was more beneficial than killing him.

"The Extreme Realm of the Qi Condensation Stage is not difficult!"

Seeing Gu Han drop the subject, the shadow breathed a sigh of relief.

"The common method of cultivation is to draw spiritual power into the body. Once the spiritual power fills the main meridians, you reach the ninth level. Then you can proceed to Meridian Opening and enter the next realm!"

"The Extreme Realm, however, is about continuing to draw spiritual power into the body without opening the meridians!"

"When the spiritual power within the meridians is compressed to the extreme and turns into spiritual liquid, you've succeeded!"

"Think about it."

His tone was full of temptation.

"When you battle someone of the same realm, your spiritual power is several times denser than theirs. How can they fight you? Heh, not to mention those of the same realm, even those in the ordinary Meridian Opening Realm might not have as much spiritual power stored as you! Setting aside divine abilities and secret techniques, just in terms of spiritual power, you could fight them to the death!"

"Several times?"

Gu Han was somewhat enthralled.

If he could truly cultivate it, not only would he lay a solid foundation for his future path of cultivation, but his combat power would also see a tremendous increase!

"And then?"

He suppressed his emotions and asked another question.

"That's it?"

"That's it!"

"It's that simple?"

"Heh heh, it's that simple! You don't need to be suspicious. What kind of person is this lord to deceive someone like you, an ant... cough cough, just focus on your cultivation, and if there's a problem, come find this lord!"

"Alright!"

Gu Han nodded.

"I'll trust you this time!"

The shadow's life was at his mercy; he wasn't worried about any tricks.

Seeing that matters here were settled, he didn't linger any longer. Leaving Ah-Sha alone outside made him somewhat uneasy.

"Heh heh!"

As Gu Han departed.

The shadow suddenly sneered.

"Truly naive!"

"The method is indeed correct, and it is indeed the easiest Extreme Realm to cultivate. But without being fortified and expanded by various spiritual medicines from a young age, and without the careful protection of an expert to allow the meridians to withstand vast amounts of spiritual power, who would dare to attempt this?"

"Kid, just wait to explode and die!"

"When you're dead, this lord will be completely free!"

...

Inside the cave.

Gu Han slowly opened his eyes.

Ah-Sha was exhausted and had fallen into a deep sleep, her beautiful eyelashes occasionally trembling as if she was worried about Gu Han's safety even in her dreams.

He didn't disturb her.

Gu Han took out the fat shopkeeper's Storage Bag.

Just as he was about to open it.

"Huh?"

Suddenly.

He sensed something was wrong!

Someone was nearby!

Had it been before, he wouldn't have had such sharp senses, but after being nourished by the shadow's Soul Force, his Spiritual Sense had greatly improved. Every little movement in the vicinity of the cave couldn't escape his perception!

He could even clearly 'hear' the sound of the grass swaying in the wind on the ground!

Glancing at the sleeping Ah-Sha.

He quietly stepped out of the cave.

...

Under a giant tree with roots as thick as a man's waist.

The Gu family guard carefully left a secret mark on the ground and then stealthily hid himself.

It was confirmed!

Gu Han was just ahead!

As long as Gu Commander arrived in time, he would have accomplished a great feat!

"Strange."

He was still somewhat puzzled in his heart.

"His cultivation was clearly abolished by the great elder, and he lost his meridians, how could he possibly..."

Suddenly!

A sword tip gently pressed against his back.

"Who's there!"

He spun around abruptly, only to meet Gu Han's eyes, filled with coldness and murderous intent!

"Gu... Gu Han!"

"Indeed, I knew you wouldn't give up!"

Gu Han pushed his sword forward a fraction of an inch.

"How long have you been here?"

"Gu Han, I advise you to surrender. Gu Commander will be here any moment... Ahh!!"

The sword flashed.

An arm fell to the ground in an instant!

"I asked you, how long have you been here!"

"Not... not long..."

"How many people came?"

"Ten... a dozen..."

"Good!"

Gu Han nodded.

"Go down and wait for them!"

Puff!

The sword gleamed again, and the guard's head separated from his body!

He recognized this guard, merely at the fifth level of Qi Condensation, and he dispatched him effortlessly.

Gu Commander!

He exhaled softly, feeling a bit relieved.

Had it not been for his enhanced Spiritual Sense, he would have never detected the guard's presence.

And Gu Commander, an eighth-level Meridian Opening expert, would not be someone he could handle with his current cultivation level. If he had arrived...

Everything would be over!

Time!

With time, there would be cultivation!

With that thought.

He wasted no more time, quickly tidied up, and returned to the cave.

Carrying the groggy Ah-Sha, he hurried towards the depths of the Barbaric Wilderness Forest!

There...

Mostly second-order Demonic Beasts roamed!

At the same time.

It was also a place where many lone cultivators lingered!

...

Not long after Gu Han left.

Gu Commander followed the marks left by the guard and tracked him to this place!

"He's only recently dead!"

"It was definitely his doing!"

After inspecting the guard's corpse and leaving a secret mark, he carefully searched for traces left by Gu Han and pursued him!

...

As he ventured deeper.

The jungle grew denser, even blocking out most of the light from above, making the already dim forest even more sinister and terrifying.

Along the way.

Gu Han naturally encountered quite a few people.

Some were alone, some in groups of three or five, mostly above the Meridian Opening Realm, and they were lone cultivators from around Sky Martial City.

Gu Han's Spiritual Sense was sharp.

He could sense the dangerous glint in everyone's eyes.

However.

No one acted rashly.

To kill for treasure... one must first assess the opponent's strength.

Someone like Gu Han, daring to wander the Barbaric Wilderness Forest with a little girl, was clearly not to be trifled with.

Time passed.

People's traces gradually disappeared.

And the deep green vegetation on the ground began to mix with hints of fiery red.

The further forward he went.

The deeper the red became!

At the same time, a subtle and refreshing fragrance wafted from ahead.

"Master!"

Ah-Sha woke up groggily.

"It's so warm... so fragrant..."

Gu Han had long since noticed.

Although he often visited the Barbaric Wilderness Forest, he had never seen such a phenomenon before.

But even a fool would understand.

Ahead...

There was a spiritual medicine!

Moreover, judging by the situation, this spiritual medicine was extraordinarily precious!

At this moment, he was eager to improve his cultivation. Apart from the dozen or so Yuan Crystals he had obtained from the fat shopkeeper and the guard, he had nothing else. Encountering such a treasure, he naturally wouldn't let it slip away!

Slowing his pace.

He cautiously approached the source of the fragrance.

This place was not hidden, and he didn't believe those cultivators were blind to the anomaly here.

The only reason...

There was great danger here, so dangerous that no one dared to come!

As if to confirm his guess, after moving forward a bit more, his hair stood on end, and a sense of alarm surged within his Spiritual Sense!

Danger!

Run!

Or else, life was at risk!

"Master."

Sensing Gu Han's unease, Ah-Sha also became nervous.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Gu Han scanned the surroundings, seeing no trace of Demonic Beasts, and gently set her down.

"Rest here for a bit, I... will go check ahead!"

He knew well.

To live, one must risk it all!

With Gu Commander hot on his heels, he had no time to gather ordinary spiritual medicines. Moreover, with so many people gathered here, those medicines were likely already scavenged clean, so what share would there be for him?

"Master..."

Seeing the seriousness on Gu Han's face, Ah-Sha's heart tightened.

Ahead.

Gu Han slowly advanced a distance further, the fragrance growing stronger, and the alarm in his Spiritual Sense intensifying!

Suddenly!

Gu Han halted in his tracks!

A hundred yards away.

On a bizarre, bare, two-foot-tall black tree, devoid of any leaves, a bright red fruit the size of a baby's fist swayed in the wind, spreading its warmth and fragrance around!

Just breathing it in.

Gu Han felt a fiery energy enter his body, even his spiritual power becoming more active.

A treasure!

Definitely a rare treasure!

However.

He didn't act rashly, even lightening his breath.

Because on the branches of that small tree, there was a thumb-thick, one-foot-long, fiery red Little Snake!

And the alarm in his Spiritual Sense.

Came from it!

Though the Little Snake didn't look impressive, its aura faintly surpassed that of the third-order Demonic Beasts he had encountered before!

Fourth-order!

This Little Snake was definitely a Fourth-Order Demonic Beast!

Perhaps... even higher!

Gu Han made a judgment in an instant!

No wonder.

No one dared to come here, and even the Demonic Beasts had vanished. It was all due to the deterrence of this Little Snake!

At that moment.

As if sensing his gaze.

The Little Snake on the branch suddenly opened its eyes, its cold, vertical pupils locking onto him!

0