Chapter 10 – I have a friend…
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My master, known as the Ghost Doctor, was unparalleled in the art of medicine and alchemy! I must admit, with some shame, that although people honor me with the title of 'Doctor Xue,' my skills are far from matching my master's. I'm only somewhat renowned in this corner of the Great Qi Dynasty. If he were here, perhaps there might be a way."

"Ghost Doctor?"

Gu Han's heart leapt with joy.

"Where is he?"

"Speaking of which..."

Doctor Xue let out a wry smile.

"It's been decades since I've heard any news of him."

Decades...

Gu Han's heart sank again.

He could wait, but could Ah-Sha?

"Young Master..."

Ah-Sha finally understood the meaning behind their conversation and felt a tinge of sadness.

"Is Ah-Sha going to die?"

"..."

"Ah-Sha isn't afraid of dying, but Ah-Sha can't bear to leave Young Master..."

"Don't worry!"

Gu Han's heart ached as he held her tightly.

"I won't let you die!"

"I will find a way to save you; that's my promise to you! You know I never lie to you!"

"Alas..."

Doctor Xue seemed to think of something and sighed deeply again.

"Such a bright and beautiful girl, what a pity!"

After hesitating for a moment, he took out another small bottle, this one of pure gold, engraved with countless exquisite patterns, far more precious than the jade bottle he had shown earlier.

"This is a Soul-Nourishing Pill."

"It was left to me by my master when he departed, intended for my breakthrough to the Divine Realm. Fortunately, I had other fortuitous encounters and didn't need to use it. The efficacy of his elixirs is naturally extraordinary. Now... I give it to you, it should have some temporary effect."

"Old Xue!"

Manager Li was so anxious he was hopping mad.

"That's an elixir personally crafted by the Ghost Doctor, you..."

"What!"

Doctor Xue's expression darkened.

"Is it that my own belongings must be given with your permission?"

His usually gentle nature was clearly upset.

"Of course not, of course not!"

Manager Li quickly tried to appease him with a smile.

"I was out of line, please forgive me, Old Xue."

He was also puzzled.

Doctor Xue, though known for his kind nature, had never been this generous before, even giving away an elixir made by the Ghost Doctor, all for a little maid he had never met before?

Even the Seventh Prince didn't receive such treatment!

"Senior, I am deeply grateful!"

Gu Han bowed deeply with the utmost respect.

"At this moment, my heart, long frozen by the betrayal of the Gu family, felt a touch of warmth."

"Thank you, Grandpa!"

Ah-Sha mimicked him.

"Grandpa is such a good person!"

"Hahaha..."

Seeing Ah-Sha's innocent and carefree demeanor, Doctor Xue laughed heartily.

"Good, good, good, my elixir is well given!"

Manager Li pursed his lips.

You give the elixir to us, and I'll call you grandpa... no, great-grandpa!

Gu Han solemnly received the small bottle and gently opened it.

At the bottom lay three thumb-sized, golden-yellow pills, lying quietly.

Instantly, a soft and heartwarming fragrance, different from that of the Fierce Sun Fruit, wafted out.

Just by taking a breath, Gu Han felt his Spiritual Sense sharpen a bit.

"Young Master."

Ah-Sha's mouth watered.

"It smells so good..."

"Here, eat one first."

"Really... delicious..."

As soon as the pill entered her mouth, Ah-Sha became dizzy, her body swayed, and she instantly collapsed into Gu Han's arms.

"Senior, she..."

"It's alright, it seems to be taking effect. Since she has no cultivation, it will naturally take some time to absorb the power of the pill."

"Thank you, Senior!"

Doctor Xue took another look at Ah-Sha, sighing softly in his heart.

What happens next will depend on your destiny.

"Alright!"

Putting his thoughts aside, he showed no intention of staying any longer.

"I shall take my leave..."

"Senior!"

Gu Han suddenly stopped him.

"May I ask... what do you need the Fierce Sun Fruit for?"

"There's no need for that!"

Doctor Xue was taken aback, then waved his hand.

"I gave you the pill because of the little maid... If you think I'm asking for the Fierce Sun Fruit in return, you underestimate me!"

"Senior, you misunderstand."

Gu Han thought for a moment.

"The Fierce Sun Fruit has indeed been consumed by me, but... is there something else that can replace it?"

"Something else?"

"This."

Gu Han gently laid Ah-Sha down and took out the Little Red Snake.

"A Red Flame Snake!"

Manager Li exclaimed, quickly approaching.

"No wonder, Old Xue said that where the Fierce Sun Fruit is born, there must be Red Flame Snakes. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any; it turns out it was with you. Boy, why didn't you bring it out just now!"

Gu Han ignored him completely.

"Senior, can you use this?"

"Of course!"

Doctor Xue nodded with satisfaction.

"This Red Flame Snake is a rare breed, and although it is not yet mature, it is of the fourth order. Its Beast Core is no less effective than the Fierce Sun Fruit, and perhaps even better!"

After glancing at the smooth wound on the snake's body and the broken sword in Gu Han's hand, he seemed to understand something.

"It seems I've underestimated you!"

"Senior flatters me, it was just luck!"

Gu Han naturally didn't want to reveal his secrets.

Doctor Xue didn't ask further.

Everyone has secrets, including himself, and he had no interest in probing.

However, he now believed what Gu Han had said earlier.

If he could kill a Red Flame Snake with the cultivation of the Meridian Opening Realm, then swallowing the Fierce Sun Fruit was naturally not a big deal.

Only Manager Li sneered to himself.

Doctor Xue couldn't really believe that the Red Flame Snake was slain, could he? How could that be possible!

It must have been sheer dumb luck, more likely found than killed!

"Boy!"

The more he looked at Gu Han, the more displeased he became.

"At least you understand the principle of repaying kindness. Hand it over!"

"You want it?"

"Nonsense!"

"Exchange it for Yuan Crystals!"

"What did you say!"

"This Red Flame Snake is for the Senior, and naturally, I expect nothing in return! But you... you'll have to exchange it for Yuan Crystals!"

"..."

After leaving Manager Li speechless, Gu Han turned and gave the Red Flame Snake to Doctor Xue. Even though he was in dire need of cultivation resources, he didn't ask Doctor Xue for a single Yuan Crystal.

Saving Ah-Sha was like saving himself.

From a young age, Gu Tian taught him a principle.

Gratitude must be repaid tenfold!

And so must vengeance!

Before leaving, Manager Li still couldn't contain his resentment and harshly spat out a sentence.

"Boy, don't let me see you again!"

Gu Han treated it as if he had just farted.

...

At the same time, the bounty issued by the Gu family had spread to the ears of most of the scattered cultivators in the region within just two days.

"Two thousand Yuan Crystals, a superior-grade Spiritual Instrument!"

"Such a generous reward, who is this Gu Han to make them spare no expense?"

"I heard he's a patricidal scoundrel; no wonder the Gu family has a bounty on him!"

"What do you think, are we doing this?"

"Nonsense, of course, we are! If we can really kill him, those rewards will be enough for us to live comfortably for several years!"

"..."

The crowd was abuzz with discussion.

Among them, those who had seen Gu Han and Ah-Sha now regretted pounding their chests and stamping their feet.

Such a fortune missed!

For a moment, the scattered cultivators put aside their tasks of gathering spiritual herbs and hunting demonic beasts, and frantically searched for Gu Han's whereabouts based on the clues provided by the Gu family.

...

Gu Han, of course, was unaware of these developments.

Inside the cave, Ah-Sha was still sound asleep, but her expression was less pained and more peaceful and serene.

Beside her, Gu Han carefully applied the medicinal powder to the soles of her feet.

The powder given by Doctor Xue was naturally extraordinary; as soon as it was applied, the blood that had been continuously seeping from the wound immediately stopped.

"Um..."

Suddenly, Ah-Sha turned slightly in her sleep and muttered.

"Young Master, Ah-Sha is hungry, Ah-Sha wants to eat chicken legs..."

Chicken legs...

Hearing these two words, Gu Han's expression became distant as his memory seemed to return to ten years ago.

In the icy snow, a three- or four-year-old girl, starving and freezing, collapsed in front of the Gu family's door, only to be found by him.

A chicken leg.

A basin of hot coals.

They brought her back from death's door.

From then on, he simply kept her at the Gu family, becoming his personal little maid.

For ten years, the two of them, both in similar straits and spending their days together, had long come to regard each other as their only one.

"Ah-Sha..."

Looking at the fair little face close at hand, Gu Han took a deep breath.

"I will definitely not let you die!"

"My foster father is gone, and you absolutely cannot leave me!"

Soul Deficiency Syndrome.

Ghost Doctor.

Elixir.

...

His thoughts began to drift.

"Huh?"

Suddenly, he seemed to think of something, his eyes lighting up.

"That's right!"

"That guy, he might have a way!"

...

In the space of consciousness, within the Sword Prison.

"Damn it!"

The shadow that had been sitting cross-legged suddenly jumped up and cursed loudly.

"What kind of life is this! Can't die, can't live! Am I really going to be trapped here forever? How will I avenge myself then!"

"Sigh..."

After cursing for a while, he sat down dejectedly.

"Never mind, I've made it through so many years, I won't miss this little bit of time. Wait for that kid to hit the Tenth Level of Qi Condensation..."

"What are you muttering about?"

Suddenly, a voice he was all too familiar with came from behind him.

"Cough cough..."

The shadow stiffened and quickly turned around.

"Why are you here again?"

"I came to see you."

Concerned about Ah-Sha's safety, Gu Han's tone was slightly softer.

"To see me?"

The shadow was somewhat suspicious.

"Do you have that kind of good heart?"

"Yes, I have a question I want to ask you."

A question?

The shadow had an epiphany.

No wonder he was speaking so politely; he needed a favor!

"Boy!"

He crossed his arms and said proudly, "Don't tell me you've encountered difficulties in your cultivation? The Qi Condensation Stage is nothing but an ant-like realm, and you actually have questions? Just listen to me, don't aim too high, and focus on diligent cultivation..."

"It's not about cultivation."

Gu Han shook his head.

"Besides, I've opened my meridians!"

"Opened your meridians?"

The shadow sneered.

"Opening your meridians is... huh? What did you say!"

He instantly lost his composure, becoming furiously angry.

"You... who allowed you to open your meridians! Who permitted you to open your meridians! I told you not to aim too high, did you take that as just wind by your ear!"

"So what!"

Gu Han's face darkened.

"Do I need your permission to open my meridians?"

In an instant, the Sword Prison trembled slightly, and several strands of Sword Intent were ready to strike!

"..."

The shadow realized his overreaction.

"Cough cough... That's not it. The Tenth Level of Qi Condensation, although it's the simplest Extreme Realm, can lay a solid foundation for you. If you can achieve it, it will be of great benefit to your future cultivation path! You... why did you give it up so easily! It's not just foolish, it's downright stupid!"

He looked as if he was genuinely concerned about Gu Han's future.

Gu Han was skeptical.

Had this guy changed his nature?

Why was he so concerned about him?

"Actually, I've already reached the Tenth Level of Qi Condensation."

"What!"

The shadow stared intently at Gu Han.

"You... did?"

"Yes."

"Then... cough cough, did you feel anything special?"

"Feel anything?"

Gu Han thought for a moment.

"Other than my meridians feeling a bit swollen, nothing much. You were right before, the Extreme Realm of Qi Condensation isn't difficult to achieve!"

"I see, I misunderstood you. Well done, well done."

The shadow praised him on the surface.

But inside, he was cursing.

Damn it!

How come this little bastard is so lucky, even this trap didn't kill him!

He had no idea about the miraculous nature of Gu Han's newly formed meridians. He intended to harm Gu Han, but by a twist of fate, he actually helped Gu Han achieve the Tenth Level of Qi Condensation, and he was naturally fuming inside.

"I have a question for you."

Gu Han, worried about Ah-Sha, didn't pay attention to the shadow's odd behavior.

"Have you ever heard of Soul Deficiency Syndrome?"

"Soul Deficiency?"

The shadow replied listlessly, "Isn't it just soul damage and loss of Soul Force? What do you want with that?"

After a moment of silence, Gu Han spoke slowly.

"I have a friend..."


 

Read more chapters.

0