0021 – Second Evolution
165 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

January 25th.

Seven o'clock in the morning.

Drizzling rain falls gently, veiling Hampsterburgg with a layer of thin gauze. On this special day, sunlight filters through the thin clouds, illuminating the streets and alleys of Hampsterburgg. Pedestrians hurry along the streets, holding umbrellas, stepping on damp roads.

The whole world, as far as the eye can see, seems to have been cleansed. Not only does it look so, but it also smells of the clean scent after rain.

After partying happily all night, Benny chose to forgive the owner of the internet-famous shop, dragging his excited yet weary body back to Wings Gone New Village. Despite feeling a bit tired, he still chose to climb to the fifth floor using the stairs.

While waiting for the elevator at the elevator door, he straightened out his slightly disheveled suit and wiped off the faint lipstick marks on his neck that were barely visible.

After confirming his neat appearance, he took the elevator to the sixth floor and arrived at Zoe's door. Checking that the two bank cards in his briefcase were still there, Benny knocked on Zoe's door with a smug expression.

These two bank cards—one was the promised compensation of 25,000 euros from the Hampsterburgg Morning Post to Zoe, and the other was the promised compensation of 10,000 euros from the owner of that internet-famous shop to Zoe—were all the results of his hard work.

With these achievements, Benny believed it would be safer to do things at the education and training institution in a few days.

However...

After he knocked on the door, a long time passed.

The door remained closed, and there was no sound coming from inside the room. Benny picked up his phone and checked the time. It was now 7:05. Perhaps Zoe had gone for a morning run?

As far as he knew, Zoe had indeed developed the habit of morning runs these days.

Thinking so, Benny sent a message to Zoe on Fishbook, asking her to come in the afternoon to collect the money. As for now, he planned to go back and rest for a while.

Today is "Walpurgisnacht", the holiday when everything revives and the weather turns warmer. It's also a good day for sleeping.

After a busy day, he planned to take a nap.

"Perhaps, I can also open a bottle of red wine?"

"Chateau Latour or Romanee-Conti? Actually, Lafite is also good..."

Benny pondered, licking his lips.

Time passed slowly.

In the blink of an eye, it was noon.

The unique weather of this day rarely affected the Hamilton and nearby regions.

The spring thunderstorms and drizzle, usually only common in the south and the middle and lower reaches of the Danube River, now vaguely affected the sky above Hampsterburgg.

The drizzle that started in the morning continued until now. The rain was not heavy, like a wet handkerchief gently rubbing against the world. The gradually thickening dark clouds in the sky seemed to remind people that this light rain would not end anytime soon.

This rare experience of the revival of all things during "Walpurgisnacht" was felt by the people of Hamilton and Hampsterburgg.

At this moment, in Zoe's room, Zoe was lying on the computer desk with her eyes tightly closed.

It is now noon on January 25th.

She had just finished recording in the memo last night, and a strong drowsiness surged up. Without much thought, she fell asleep directly. So, she remained lying on the computer desk until now. And still, there was no sign of awakening.

Sleeping until noon after a night's rest isn't a big deal. But considering that Zoe no longer needs sleep, this sudden sleep has to be considered a special case.

If someone were to enter the room at this moment. They would hear the sound of a heartbeat.

That sound...

Comes from Zoe's body.

Like the tide, it never stops! Strong enough to be impossible to ignore.

The beating of the heart is the tide of life, constantly surging. Like waves crashing against rocks, it's imprinted in everyone's life journey.

And in Zoe's sleeping ears. Such a heartbeat continues to echo. Its regular thump-thump sound. Sounds exceptionally powerful.

As if piercing through the realm of illusion and reality, straight into the domain of dreams. Making the meditative Zoe in the dreamy state suddenly gain a hint of consciousness.

Looking around.

Before her is a world of green, as if pure green glass covers her vision. This place is obviously not reality. Apart from the pure green, there is nothing else.

But in the distance, there seem to be some dots of light other than green, but she can't see through them clearly.

When she tries to look closely. She can vaguely distinguish that there are dots of golden, green, blue, red, brown, bright white, and dark purple.

To be more specific. It seems that she can also sense some indescribable feelings emanating from those dots of light.

Sharpness, vitality, moisture, heat, heaviness, warmth, darkness...

For some reason, Zoe feels that each of those dots of light has its own characteristics. They are so vivid. Filling and enriching the current dream. But they are also so blurry. That Zoe can't perceive what those dots of light actually are amidst the haze.

Zoe has a faint sense of consciousness. She only knows that she seems to be dreaming right now. However.

Even knowing that she's dreaming, she has no other way. Not only can't she wake up. Her vision is also fixed here.

Unable to make any other reaction. Only able to immerse herself in this pure green world. But she feels no anxiety. It could even be said that she's enjoying the profound tranquility and comfort from the bottom of her heart here.

Time.

Seems to pass by casually.

I don't know if it's been a while, or as long as the destruction of the universe.

When Zoe felt that everything seemed meaningless, a vibration, thunder, sounded outside this silent pure green world.

That's spring thunder! The spring thunder of Walpurgisnacht arrives as scheduled. Descended upon the southwestern Hamilton-Hampsterburgg region, where spring thunder is rare at this time.

Walpurgisnacht was supposed to celebrated during the night but it isn't. At this time of Walpurgisnacht, energy of spring rises, temperatures warm up, spring thunder rumbles, and rainfall increases, everything is full of vitality.

The vast city of Hampsterburgg. Wakes up in this vibration. What awakens with Walpurgisnacht is not only the insects dormant underground, but also countless dormant people.

Zoe, who sleeps in the pure green dream. Also suddenly awakens at this moment.

A powerful sense of detachment comes unexpectedly, waking Zoe who is immersed in the pure green dream.

At this moment. Zoe's consciousness returns to reality. She keenly perceives. The various transformations, from inside to outside, of her whole body, just like after the sleep on January 18th.

Zoe hasn't had time to carefully experience the various changes that have occurred this time...

The next moment. The noise of the world enters her ears. It's even more unbearable than the complicated world experienced when an extraordinary sense of smell suddenly awakens.

Countless kinds of sounds.

Take away all of Zoe's attention.

You may share your thoughts by commenting down below. Please click the heart icon to support my writing endeavors.

14