Unexpected Encounters (Chapter 1)
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another day in school, and I find myself alone once more. Then, they appear—the girls. Saki, the epitome of perfection in our school, always catches everyone's eye. How I wish to be by her side...

Oh, there she is... (Oh no, it's Saki. Is she going to tease me again?)

"You came here alone today...? You don't need to eat alone, sit with me! I'd hate for you to eat all by yourself." She smiles at me, but her eyes betray a hint of jealousy. It's not malicious, but rather, she seems envious. 

Wha-what? No, it's fine. I can't.

"No, no, no. It wouldn't be right of me to let you eat by yourself, so come on!" With that, she takes my hand and leads me to her table, her friends wearing surprised grins.

All alone....

Stop, this isn't right... not for you.

For a moment, she seems taken aback by my words. Her smile fades, and her eyes widen as they meet mine. She lets go of my hand.

"What... What do you mean, it's not right for me?"

Nevermind...

"What were you going to say?" Her voice is slightly cold, but a faint smile lingers on her lips, tinted crimson. She raises her eyebrows, awaiting my response.

It isn't right for me to sit with you. What would others think? I don't want to ruin your image.

The others stare awkwardly, and I can hear some college kids whispering.

"Huh? They're sitting together?"

"I told you. He has a crush on her."

Some of Saki's friends roll their eyes. She's known for being popular and having many admirers.

I'm sorry, I can't do this. Leo moves tables.

The stares of the other students remain fixed on me, and it's clear everyone is gossiping about how I 'have a crush' on Saki.

Last period arrives, and I sit at my desk. I can see the other students whispering, clearly caught up in juicy gossip. Saki walks in a few minutes later and approaches my desk.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" 

Don't push it, Saki. It doesn't matter. leo packs his bag and leaves. 

"Fine. Ignore me." She huffs under her breath, clearly a little heartbroken by my dismissal.

The other students stare at her, gossiping amongst themselves about how I might reject her, given her popularity and my status as 'that weird loner kid.'

Saki now walks home alone. The darkness envelops her, and she appears somewhat worried. Usually, she would go home with her friends, but for some reason, they're not with her. Nervousness creeps in, understandable for someone as popular as her to feel unsettled when alone.

In the distance, three gang members approach her.

"Hey, sweet cheeks. You look all alone here. Where are all your hot friends?" The first gang member, wearing a red hoodie, says in a creepy, perverted tone. The other two smirk, one brandishing a bat. Both eye Saki, who looks visibly nervous. She scans the area for help, but finding none, she realizes she's alone. The street lies empty behind her.

END OF CHAPTER 1

1