The Resilience of Resolve (Chapter 3)
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of approaching sirens pierced the tense air, causing the gang members to freeze in fear. With panic gripping their hearts, they fled into the darkness, vanishing like shadows.

Saki's heart pounded in her chest as she broke free from her paralyzing fear. She dashed towards Leo, her voice ringing out in the night as she called his name desperately. But as she drew closer, a dreadful sight awaited her—Leo lay motionless on the ground. Was he... dead?

The scene was chaotic when the police arrived. The gang members had already disappeared into the night, leaving behind only bloodstains and the wounded form of Leo. There was an eerie stillness surrounding him—was he even breathing?

Paramedics rushed to the scene, their urgent movements a stark contrast to the silent tension. With careful hands, they examined Leo's body, searching for any sign of life...

Saki's heart clenched in fear as she watched Leo being whisked away to the hospital. Tears streamed down her cheeks, a testament to the torment of uncertainty. All she could do now was wait and pray for his safety...

As dawn broke, Leo stirred from his slumber, his mind clouded by fragments of forgotten memories...

Saki entered the room, her eyes red and swollen from endless tears. She sat by Leo's bedside, her hand clasping his tightly, as if trying to anchor him to the present. Her voice trembled as she responded to his question, the weight of her worry palpable in the air.

Leo's question hung in the air, heavy with unspoken concern. Saki's response came in a quivering breath, her eyes brimming with unshed tears. She clung to his hand, her grip tightening as if trying to anchor herself in a stormy sea of emotions.

"I-I'm fine," she managed to choke out, her voice wavering with suppressed anguish. "I'm just... worried about you. That's all."

Despite her efforts to maintain a facade of composure, the strain was evident in her trembling form. Yet, she forced a smile, masking her inner turmoil to shield Leo from further distress.

Leo's relief was palpable as he spoke, his words laced with a tinge of optimism. "Oh, that's good... I've been cleared to go next week."

Saki's tears began to subside, a glimmer of hope flickering in her eyes as she nodded in response.

Their moment of solace was shattered by the sudden intrusion of the police, their urgent demeanor casting a shadow over the room. Saki's gaze darted to them, a knot of apprehension forming in her stomach.

The revelation of the gang's bounty on Leo's head sent a chill down Saki's spine. She tightened her grip on his hand, a silent plea for him to stay safe in the face of impending danger.

As the police departed, leaving behind an aura of uncertainty, Leo's whispered words echoed in the silence, a stark reminder of the harsh reality they faced.

"Fck all this for romance," he muttered under his breath, his voice tinged with resignation.

Leo returned to school after a week, drawing the attention of everyone as he stepped through the gates. News of the incident had spread like wildfire, and now, here he was, back after enduring such a brutal beating. Among the gazes directed at him, there were those filled with amusement, but also others tinged with concern. Most were astounded by his swift return to walking, finding it hard to believe he had recovered so quickly.

People approached him, bombarding him with questions, eager to know the details of what had happened. Was it true he had been beaten up? Was there something going on between him and Saki? Someone even ventured to ask if he was alright, to which he simply shrugged in response. It seemed that the once-avoided quiet kid now had a few more individuals who didn't mind his presence, relieved to see him on the mend. Despite the attention, he appeared determined to maintain a facade of normalcy, masking any signs of discomfort or pain.

When Saki returned to school, she found herself surrounded by a throng of girls, all clamoring to inquire about Leo's well-being. "How are you feeling?" "Are you okay?" "Do your wounds still hurt?" Their questions came in rapid succession, yet Leo's replies remained terse and evasive. While he attempted to conceal his distress, Saki's grip on his hand remained steadfast, a silent expression of her protective concern.

Many boys were taken aback by the sight of the 'class beauty' standing so closely beside the once-mocked quiet kid. They had expected her to ignore him, yet there she was, clinging tightly to his side. Their jealousy was palpable, evident in the eye rolls and muttered comments. It was perplexing to see the pretty girl choosing to stand by the side of the reserved outcast.

As the teacher entered the classroom, her eyes fell upon Leo and Saki, noting their proximity to one another. Recalling the recent incident, she approached the quiet student, urging him to see the principal. The air was thick with tension as she voiced her concern,

The encounter with the principal brimmed with tension, his concern for Leo's safety and the school's welfare palpable, particularly with a hefty bounty on Leo's head. Presenting Leo with a choice, the principal offered immediate exclusion, a risky endeavor, or continued enrollment under heightened security measures. Opting to remain at the school with reinforced precautions, Leo foresaw it as the safer path, despite the intrusion it brought. Aware that it would deter potential threats, he accepted the arrangement. Police patrols would now scour the halls and perimeter, easing the students' apprehensions about their safety.

END OF CHAPTER 3

1