Unveiling Truths (Chapter 7)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Juko, the victor of the running tournament, approaches Leo and Saki with a warm smile, extending an invitation to a celebratory meal. His generosity, fueled by their shared triumphs, is evident as he offers to treat them to a winner's feast.

Leo, recognizing Juko as the leader of the soccer team, hesitates, recalling past taunts and teasing from the team members. Reluctant to accept the invitation, he mumbles a hesitant refusal, "N-no thanks." However, Saki, ever confident and gracious, promptly intervenes, expressing their gratitude and acceptance on their behalf.

During the dinner, Leo finds himself surprised and flustered, his appetite non existant. Saki, perceptive as always, notices his unease and extends a gesture of kindness, offering him a bite from her fork. Leo's reaction is one of surprise and embarrassment, caught off guard by her gesture.

Meanwhile, Juko observes the interaction between Leo and Saki with keen interest, a hint of amusement evident in his demeanor. His whispered a tinge of jealousy as he remarks on their closeness, hinting at dynamics within their relationship.

As the dinner progressed, Leo sensed a faint tension lingering in the air, prompting him to consider making an exit. However, his awareness was suddenly heightened when he felt Saki's hand discreetly grasping his own beneath the table. It was a subtle gesture, a silent affirmation of their intimate connection, 

Juko, steering the conversation towards football, expressed a longing for a normal life, a desire to break free from the constraints of his current obligations. Leo, out of curiosity, questioned Juko's commitment to the football team, prompting a moment of reflection from the usually confident athlete.

Surprised by Leo's question, Juko's reply hinted at his inner struggles. His whispered confession of longing for Leo's carefree life exposed his desire for happiness and freedom.

As Leo tried to talk about the advantages of football contracts, Juko interrupted with brutal honesty. His direct comment about how having a "hot big boob girlfriend" like Saki mattered more than fame or wealth stunned Leo and Saki. Saki's flustered reaction showed her surprise, while Leo quickly denied any romantic connection, feeling uneasy about the unexpected twist

As the evening air grew cooler, Juko released a weary sigh, his gaze drifting to the darkening sky. "It's gotten quite late," he remarked, his tone tinged with regret. "I should head home before I'm tempted to skip class again."

Leo nodded in understanding, a faint smile touching his lips. "Yeah, you're right," he agreed, feeling a pang of sympathy for his friend's predicament. "Take care on your way back, Juko."

Saki, ever considerate, offered her company to Leo, her voice soft with concern. "I can walk you home, if you'd like," she suggested, her eyes meeting Leo's with warmth and reassurance.

Leo's heart swelled with gratitude at Saki's offer, a gentle warmth spreading through him. "I'd like that," he replied, his gaze softening as he reached for her hand. "Thank you, Saki."

With heartfelt goodbyes exchanged, Juko bid his friends farewell and set off in a separate direction, his footsteps fading into the distance. Meanwhile, Leo and Saki embarked on their journey home together, their bond strengthened by yet another shared moment of camaraderie and support. As they walked side by side, the comforting presence of each other's company enveloped them, lighting their way through the encroaching darkness of the night.

Upon walking home. Leo remained silent, his emotions swirling within him like a tempestuous sea. Relief washed over him like a gentle tide, yet beneath the surface, there lingered ache 
In the depths of his mind, a haunting flashback from his middle school days emerged, casting a shadow over his thoughts. He recalled the relentless torment he endured at the hands of bullies, their cruel taunts echoing in his ears like a relentless drumbeat. Memories of being beaten and bullied, of being trapped in the suffocating confines of isolation, flooded his consciousness with a suffocating intensity.

Amidst the haze of painful recollections, he caught a glimpse of Juko, a silent witness to his suffering. The look of helpless anguish etched upon Juko's face spoke volumes, a silent testament to the injustice that Leo endured. Though Juko longed to intervene, the specter of reprisal loomed large, chaining him to a role of silent observer.

Leo trembled involuntarily, his body betraying the chaos that raged within him. Sensing his distress, Saki's gentle touch brought him back to the present moment, her comforting presence a soothing balm to his wounded spirit. With a tender pat on the head and whispered words of reassurance, she offered him solace in the midst of his silent struggle.

"Don't be scared, Leo," she murmured softly into his ear, her voice a gentle melody in the tumult of his thoughts. Her words carried a weight of understanding, a silent acknowledgment of the pain he carried within him. In her comforting embrace, Leo found a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness,

0