[Rewrite] Part 23 – Eureshya
203 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯Eureshya point of view, first person.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯I step forward, my gaze fixed on the hulking figure before me.

A grotesque creature, standing at least twice my height, with twisted features and an aura of raw, untamed power. Its muscles ripple beneath its coarse skin, and its eyes, wild and animalistic, glare at me with unbridled fury.

"Hmm." I mutter, my voice laced with amusement.

I reach into Kyouko's memories, seeking knowledge about this creature, but come up empty. It seems this beast is unknown to her, and by extension, to me.

"Seems like she doesn't know what this beast is. Well, I'll take care of it."

I raise my hand, using my dark magic.

Two obsidian daggers materialize in the air and hurtle towards the creature's head. But, to my surprise, they vanish the moment they make contact.

I furrow my brow, intrigued.

"Interesting. Her mana is so unstable it's disrupting my magic. It seems her power is too great for her body to contain."

The beast, now on its feet, towers over me, its breath coming in heavy rasps. I stand my ground, a smirk playing at the corners of my mouth.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯A few seconds tick by, and then the beast lunges.

Its club-like arm swings towards me, but I effortlessly deflect it with Kyouko's broken shield, sending the creature flying backward.

The unstable mana coursing through me enhances my strength, making the shield more powerful than it appears.

I chuckle, a sinister gleam in my eyes.

(Her mana is wildly unpredictable, but it adds an intriguing element to my abilities. I wonder how far I can push it.)

With a flick of my wrist, I enclose the beast within the shield⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Boom!

The shield erupts in a blast, the force of the explosion ripping through the beast, leaving it a bloody, broken mess.

I stride forward, forming a dagger in my hand, and deliver the final blow.

Blood drips from the dagger as I withdraw it, the weapon dissolving into nothingness. The beast, though mortally wounded, still clings to life.

"What's wrong?" I sneer, my voice dripping with contempt.

"Can't you just die? Your pathetic struggles are boring me."

I circle the beast, my gaze cold and detached.

"If you don't perish soon, I might lose interest in this little game."

I create another obsidian dagger, closing the distance between us. With a casual flick of my wrist, I send the blade hurtling into the creature's chest. Blood sprays outward, painting the air with a macabre display.

But, once again, my dagger vanishes. Undeterred, I step closer, forming two more daggers in my hands.

I strike, driving one dagger into its head and the other through its throat.

"Die, you wretched beast."

I step back, my eyes never leaving the creature as it takes its final breath.

The beast's body crumples to the ground, its lifeless eyes staring up at the sky.

"That was rather enjoyable." I remark, my voice laced with satisfaction.

"Though it would have been easier if her mana wasn't so erratic. Still, it provided an interesting challenge."

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯I say silently.

There were brief moments when my daggers were effective, but they soon faded away. Fortunately, those moments were enough to get close and deliver the killing blow.

I smile, my eyes glinting with a mixture of satisfaction and anticipation.

This unstable mana presents an intriguing puzzle, and I look forward to unraveling its secrets.

16