Part 25 – Road
166 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've changed 'the small girl' Eyes from purple to pink, because I like some other draft better.

As we begin our journey through the road, I can't help but feel a mix of emotions. I am grateful to Eureshya for saving me and the little girl, but at the same time, I'm terrified of her powers and the fact that she can read my memories.

I don't know what to make of her, or how to react around her. But, despite all of that, I know that I can't escape her, because of our contract.

I take a deep breath and focus on the road ahead, hoping to find a place to stay for the night.

The petite girl resting in my arms peacefully remained a still and tranquil presence that, calming me in this otherwise stressful situation.

I don't know how long she'll stay unconscious, but I hope that she's okay.

...

...

Night comes quickly, and the road we walk through becomes dark.

The sound of insects and small creatures is everywhere around us.

"Ugh. Can we rest somewhere? This is getting to my nerves." Eureshya complains, sounding tired.

"...I don't know. It's too dark, and I can't see." I complain as well.

We walk for a while, but I have no idea where we're going.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯Suddenly,

a terrifying noise can be heard nearby, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Ahhh! What was that?!" I let out a blood-curdling scream in sheer terror.

I hear Eureshya quickly looking around, her red eyes scanning the area.

"What happened?" I ask, trying to be brave.

I feel so helpless right now, it's almost laughable.

"There's nothing wrong. I didn't notice any dangers around us, so just relax and try to calm down."

I take a few deep breaths to calm my nerves and steady my pounding heart.

"It sounded terrifying... Is there anything nearby?" I ask her.

"Nothing at the moment. It must have been just the wind blowing in the trees. Calm yourself and we can keep moving forward."

Eureshya looks around.

"...Let's keep going." Eureshya tells me, walking towards me.

She looks like a shadow, solemn and silent as the darkness falls around her.

So pretty... I stare at her a little while longer before quickly looking away, not wanting to get caught staring.

"You keep looking at me for no reason. Did something catch your attention?"

"A-Ah! Um... N-no! I wasn't looking at you!" I exclaim, blushing madly and sounding really guilty.

"Are you lying? You do not sound convincing."

I gulp in anxiety.

"No! Well... Just a little bit, okay? But it was really nice... Really... N-nice to look at... Sorry, it's a small girl's feelings, after all..."

"Small girl, huh... How nice. Are you flirting with me? Well, it is not so bad... It is not everyday someone admires a witch such as me."

She walks past me.

I gulp and turn my attention forward, trying to ignore Eureshya as best I can.

She's aware I was staring, but... That doesn't mean I can stop... I feel like my mind is starting to betray me again.

As I continue my walk through the night, I can feel my eyes drawn towards her silhouette. The way she walks with such elegance and confidence is intoxicating.

It's as if I can't look away no matter how hard I try.

After some time, the moon begins to appear in the sky.

The road becomes illuminated, making it easier to see where we're going.

Eureshya stops me.

"Hmm."

Eureshya looks up ahead.

I do the same.

There, a house, seemingly empty.

And... It looks really abandoned, there are no lights at all.

Eureshya seems to have a strange expression, almost like she's feeling uneasy.

"Something the matter?" I ask her.

"No. We can enter it and rest inside. The road looks a little dangerous right now, I feel like I need to keep you safe. But the forest around this place is even worse." Eureshya tells me.

...

That sounds really scary... But Eureshya seems really calm.

"Um, alright..."

"Well?"

"Let's go..." I reply to her.

I follow Eureshya into the house.

Wondering about what this night has in store for us, my small hands start trembling at the thought.

13