Chapter 9 – Slightly altered (1)
41 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like the story and want to see more, take a look at my Patreon, where you'll find several chapters ahead of the public. And you'll also be helping me reach my dream of being a full-time writer.

"What the fuck is going on here?"

Lincoln whispered, as he climbed the stairs cautiously.

"This house is too quiet for my liking."

Lincoln whispered again, as he passed through the corridor that led to his sisters' rooms. As he passed the rooms, Lincoln could hear some very low sounds coming from the rooms.

"So, they're just being quiet? Interesting."

Pondered Lincoln, keeping a serious expression as he made his way towards his own room.

When he reached his room, Lincoln tried to close the door carefully. However, the door ended up making a loud noise, but he didn't care much. Little did he know, however, that his sisters had heard that noise and ended up getting scared, thinking that their brother had freaked out again. None of the sisters dared to open the door to see what had really happened, because they knew their brother was different and didn't know what he might do.

In their rooms, each sister talked among themselves, trying to understand what had happened from yesterday to today that could have changed their brother's behavior in such a way, causing him to do such atrocities to himself.

Meanwhile, Lincoln was sitting on his bed with a serious expression on his face, observing every corner of that room, trying to find something of value that he could sell.

While he was rummaging through every corner of that room with the intention of finding something worth selling, I, by chance, while rummaging through the room, ended up finding, under the bed, inside a very well-secured box, my entire collection of Az Astuto comics and dolls.

"Man, how did I like these things?"

Lincoln asked himself, as he put the comics and dolls into his backpack.

"Let's see how much I can make selling these things."

That was the last thing Lincoln managed to say before one of his sisters saw him and asked what he was doing. To be more specific, it was the twins Lola and Lana who had come up to me, but still cautiously.

"Brother, what are you going to do with these things?"

Lola and Lana asked in unison, innocently enough, but still with a little caution that I could see. After all, they were standing a little away from me.

After they asked me that, I turned around with a dark look on my face, which frightened them for a moment. But, after realizing this, I start to calm down a bit, which makes them a little less uncomfortable.

(Shit! And as Clyde said, I have to control myself a bit. I don't know why, but it's kind of instinctive. It's not me doing it, it's like a passive murderous intent that I can't control).

Lincoln thought as he took a deep breath, trying to reduce his murderous intent, which even he didn't know how it was working, since he didn't even have the system yet. Unless he already had it, but he had to find out how he had unlocked it before.

"I'm not doing anything much."

Lincoln replied in a calmer tone, but still with a fake smile on his face.

After hearing what their brother had said, Lola and Lana exchanged a few glances, not quite believing what he had said.

"It's just... you were a bit scary a few minutes ago."

Lola commented, still a little scared, referring to the behavior her brother had just told them about.

Lana, following her sister's example, decided to express her concern in the same way.

"And as Lola said, you kind of had a very scary look on your face."

Lana added, as she searched for the right words to try to express her concern for her brother, but which wouldn't end up irritating him in any way.

Lincoln, trying to disguise what was happening and to get the sisters off his back, replied calmly but still with his indifferent smile.

"I apologize if I ended up scaring you. That wasn't my intention."

After hearing what their brother had said, Lola and Lana exchanged another look, only this time they were convinced that something was different with their brother. However, they couldn't explain exactly what it was, but something about his behavior made them uneasy.

Lola and Lana, not quite believing what Lincoln was saying, kept insisting until they ended up annoying him, who almost shouted at them.

"I told you, there's nothing going on."

Lincoln said, almost shouting at the twins.

After almost shouting at the sisters, they were startled by his sudden action and took a step back, afraid that he was going to do something to them.

Lincoln, realizing that he had gotten angry for no reason, tried to calm down and then calmed the sisters down.

"I apologize for yelling at you. But it's like I said, nothing happened. I'm just taking these things to my secret hiding place, that's all."

Lincoln said, calming down, as he showed the backpack with the comics and dolls to the sisters.

(If I know these two as well as I do, they should lose interest and leave me speechless. After all, this isn't something they're interested in."

At least that's what Lincoln thought would happen. However, it was the complete opposite. They ended up getting even more euphoric, wanting to know where this hiding place was.

"How cool..."

Lola said, completely euphoric, unable to finish speaking because her sister had done so.

"So, you have a secret hiding place? More than angry, will you take us there?"

Lana asked in the same way as her sister, also staring at her older brother.

Lincoln ended up freaking out, because he could have sworn that the sisters would lose interest as soon as he told them what he was about to do. After all, that's the way it's always been.

(What the fuck is going on here? Not only has he come back, but there are also these changes to the story?)

Lincoln thought as he stared at the twins who kept looking at him with excited looks, wanting to go with him.

4