Scout and Breach!
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If it were put into perspective the size of the mansion. 

Just walking from one end to the other at a good pace would take about 30 minutes to cross its grand floor if it was a straight line. But that is only to walk straight from one side to the other. The detours created from the branching paths and various hallways make this mansion take a lot longer than that of a 30 minute straight line walk. 

Some participants have tried to leave the mansion and try to climb or escape from the outside. However, it seems that the death game had already accounted for that. No matter what method or possible way tried the doors, windows, and all other exists possible don’t budge. Once inside the mansion...there is no escaping the mansion. 

After facing such a dilemma, several groups were formed to find comfort with each other and win the game together. But a few others stood out and decided to take it upon themselves to go solo. There are various reasons as to why, but the most key being the conversation they had with their systems in the waiting room of nothingness. 

Most, if not everyone, will die here in this mansion. The mortality rating of 90% on average... is only an average after all. Sometimes it is as low as 80% while other times the whole group is wiped out at 100%. Making a team can be useful if the abilities of the teammates are of valuable help.  

However, fate played a joke on them.  

Most of the people here have abilities that are so poor their usefulness is limited or niche to a very specific setting. Nothing good of any help would come about joining or forming a team of many people if they were the only useful one in the whole team. Most likely case would be the team holding them back. 

Although not all useful ability users thought that way, some even formed a team around themselves. All the ones who went solo or duo undoubtedly had useful abilities and were unwilling to risk their lives with a team. 

One such duo broke through to the 8th floor of the mansion. 

(Hey Scout, anything?) 

(Nope, go ahead Breach.) 

Two identical men dressed in plain clothing were quietly prone on the ground at the entrance of the Eighth floor. They made quick yet silent movements to each other using hand signals. Although this was the first time the duo had met and worked together. The duo was obviously more professional than the rowdy crowd below making a lot of movement. 

Even going so far as to give each other code names and gestures to communicate rather than talking. 

Right at this moment the two laying prone suddenly seemed to blink and disappear from the eighth floor. Only soon after to appear laying prone at the entrance to the ninth floor. 

Suddenly, everything of value or of unusual nature on the eighth floor appeared next to Breach. Breach then waved his hand and they all disappeared again. 

Breach then made a thumbs up in one hand to Scout. 

(Scout up to you.) 

With a few quick gestures as all sorts of creations appeared next to Scout. Then Scout paused and waited next to breach with the monitor he created. Suddenly Scout jolted in reflex, causing Breach to tense.  

Breach made a signal using his hands they agreed upon earlier if he was okay.  

But then Scout put both of his index fingers in a cross shape.  

(Danger.) 

Breach got even more tense. Both freezing at the entrance of the ninth floor. 

Although this wasn’t the first time Scout had made this gesture. All the previous floors had some form of danger to them… But Scout never took them as seriously as this one... for whatever we might face here on the ninth floor.  

Breach looked at Scout, by now Scout should know the entire by floor design. Those bugs he created in the beginning must have relayed all the flooring of the ninth floor onto the monitor by now using their cameras and machines. 

(Scout what do we do?) 

Breach gestured. 

Laying prone, Scout paused for a moment.  

Both conflicted and tense.  

But Scout wasted no time and quickly went into action. 

Doing a few movements with his hands, Scout suddenly made a mini replica of the floor above with all the rooms connected everywhere. The mini replica was thorough in detail of the entire floor, showing everything. 

All but one. 

In a single room... it was pitch black. But a single white question mark floated above it. 

Scout made a white arrow temporarily materialize above it and pointed at it. 

(Our goal is there.) 

0