Chapter 1
35 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a clear blue sky with not a single cloud around, making it seem like everything was peaceful. However, down below on the ground, a massive battle was going on between two warriors. They were fighting each other with great intensity, so much so that each impact sent shockwaves in every direction.

They began rapidly firing energy blasts at one another, which explode on impact and caused massive explosions. The smoke from the explosions continued to cover the area and quickly get dispelled by the next explosion.

Suddenly, after unleashed yet another punches at each other, the two warriors leaped away from each other to stand several meters away. There was a moment of silence as the smoke spread around and made it difficult to make out each of their appearances.

“Let’s end this!” Shouted one of them.

He brought his hands together and began to gather energy in between the palms of his hands. A red glow appeared in the palms of his hands before he aimed his hands in the direction of his opponent while shouting a technique out loud.

“Dragon Burst Cannon!”

A massive red wave of destruction got released and it flew away at an incredible speed towards its intended target. At the same time, the opponent brought his hands together and began to gather energy into the palms of his hands while he began to chant with power.

“Po-nik-ala-chala-RA!”

With the last scream, the man brought his hands forward and unleashed a massive blue wave of destruction. The attack flew off into the distance and soon smashed into the red wave of destruction. The two waves kept fighting hard, trying to push forward to try and overpower the other, with their respective user powering their wave with everything they got.

“This doesn’t look good,” said a voice inside the man firing the blue wave of destruction.

“Damn! He got so strong after awakening his dragon power!” The warrior replied in a strained voice.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have done that?”

“That would’ve been wrong to do considering how long he had wanted to fight me.”

“Right, but is it worth losing over?”

The warrior was unable to give a reply and remained silent as the beam struggle continued. Then the voice in his head decided to break the silence.

“You got this strong after inheriting all the past powers of your previous incarnations… all except mine.” The voice paused before saying, “Guess it’s my time to give you my power.”

“What?!” The warrior exclaimed with concern. “What’re you saying?!”

“Think about it. He acquired all that power from just awakening his dragon power after multiple live times of not awakening it. Think of the power you would get from inheriting my power?”

“I get that, but… if you do that, you’ll disappear!”

There was a pause before the voice said in melancholy, “A small price to pay for your victory. Besides, if it wasn’t today, then it would’ve happened in the future.”

“B-But—!”

“There’s no time! You will lose at this rate, and I hate losing the most!”

In an instant, the warrior began to feel different and power an incredible amount of power began to surge from within. He released that the owner of the voice was releasing their power and passing it onto him.

“Stop! No!”

“It’s alright. I’m quite pleased with your progress, and perhaps… with this small amount… I can find peace,” said the tired voice in his head as it gradually got weaker and weaker as he spoke.

“No! A—!” The warrior shouted as he tried to call out to him.

Suddenly, it felt like something had be cut and everything went silent and blank. The owner of the voice smiled while being surrounded by the darkness, with neither a hint of fear or doubt. Instead, he was feeling contented with himself after everything he’s been through.

He recounted everything that transpired through his life and they flashed through his mind at a very rapid pace, everything from his birth, to the death of his parents, to his revenge on the killers, waging a war to conquer the entire world, and eventually dying to a creature of wickedness.

“After killing millions of people, maybe now I can finally find… peace…” he whispered into the darkness, and his mouth formed a satisfied smile.

He continued to float through the darkness with no aim nor goal, just a whisp of light that drifted away, but after what felt like an eternity, he felt something change. A voice was calling out, but it was very muffled and he could barely hear it, but the voice grew louder and louder until it became a massive yell.

“WAKE UP!”

“Argh!” The man exclaimed, opened his eyes with a start and becoming panicked.

“Oh, good! He’s awake!” Shouted a voice nearby in relief.

“Good but don’t let up! He’s still not fully recovered!” Another voice said before demanding, “Get the stretcher!”

In the meantime, the man blinked in confusion and looked left and right at the people surrounding him. He was quite confused at who the people around him where, where he was and what was happening to him.

As he tried to get up, he winced at a sharp pain that occurred at the back of his head and he yelled, “Argh!”

“Hey, don’t move!” The voice from before yelled, and the man turned to look at the owner of the voice.

He was a large built man wearing some strange clothes that several others around him were also wearing that looked like their uniform. Behind them, he saw many onlookers watching, speaking and, most of all, flashing lights at him that thoroughly baffled him.

“W-What happened to me…?” He asked the man weakly.

“Rest easy, bud!” The man said reassuringly. “You got a pretty nasty wound on your head, but it’ll be fine. Everything will be fine, so stay with us, okay? We’re going to take you to the hospital!”

“Oh… okay,” the man replied feebly, feeling completely baffled by what was happening.

At that moment, two men carrying something came and laid it down next to him. They began speaking to one another before coming to an agreement and the bulky man spoke to him once more.

“Hang on, bud. We’re moving you onto the stretcher, so your head might hurt.”

Before the man could reply, they began working fast and several men gathered and lifted him off the ground. The sudden movement caused the man intense pain in his head and he winced before they laid him back down on something that was not completely ground. Then they lifted him once more and began carrying him away while the onlookers continued to murmur and flash lights at him.

While all of this was happening, the man was trying to figure out about his circumstances.

“What’s with this place? Wasn’t I giving up my life force to him? How come I’m here and what’s with this place? Everything looks way too advanced and organised, and what’s with those people flashing lights at me? Is that some kind of technique?”

Just then, the men carried his stretched onto the back of a large white vehicle and placed him down something that was softer than the rough surface of the ground. Then a few of them got inside and closed the shut before the whole thing that they were in began shaking as if they were moving at a high speed.

“We’ll reach the hospital soon, so hang in there, bud,” said the bulky man from before reassuringly.

“Y-Yeah…” the man replied weakly, but his mind was thinking rapidly.

“This is strange. The clothes these people are wearing, the lights the people were flashing at me, this unknown vehicle that we’re currently in, and the fact that I’m in control of a body instead of being a spiritual being, everything is strange. It’s almost like I got transported to another world.”

With that thought in mind, he glanced around and saw a see-through window that showed him the outside. It did appear that they were going at a high speed as things were flashing by. However, he saw everything outside covered in lights with tall buildings decorated with lights in the background.

At that moment, he felt a heavy fatigue wash over him, and he found himself unable to keep his eyes open for much longer. As he slowly closed his eyes from the heavy fatigue, the bulky man noticed his movement and shouted at him with worry.

“Hey! Bud! Hang in there! We’re almost there!”

However, contrary to his wishes, the man closed his eyes as he was unable to stop the flood of sleep that hit him with a heavy wave. In an instant, he felt himself drifting away into a deep sleep, and only felt like waking up when he felt a warm light shown down on him.

He murmured from the fatigue he was under and slowly opened his eyes to see something blurred and white. It took him a few more seconds before his eyes focused and showed him a white ceiling. He felt he was lying down on a comfortable bed and glanced around at the room he was in, which was not too big and quite average looking that had a window, with the sunlight shining through.

“Where am I…?” He muttered to himself groggily.

He tried to move his hands, but winced when he felt something on his left arm. Turning to the point where the pain came from, he saw something stabbed into his arm and some wire coming out of it. Following the line, he saw it was attached to some cylinder with water slowly dripping through it.

“W-What the heck is that?” The man asked in confusion.

Just then, he heard something and turned towards the door as a metallic sound came before the door swung open. Then a young lady wearing white uniform and a white hat with a “+” symbol on it entered.

She was not looking at him but at the pile of papers she was carrying in her arms as she walked over to him. The first thing she did was check the cylindrical object and squinted at it before taking out a slim object writing something on the papers, which were held by a very slim wooden board.

“Um…?” The man asked her to try to get her attention.

It was then that she glanced at him and her eyes widened in surprise.

“Oh, my goodness! You’re awake!” She remarked in a surprised voice.

“Y-Yes, I am,” the man replied weakly. “So, if you don’t mind me asking—!”

He was suddenly cut off with her shout of, “Oh no! You shouldn’t be speaking so much! You are badly wounded!” Then she patted him on the head and said, “You’ve been through a big ordeal, but it’s okay. You’re safe now,” before straightening up and saying, “Stay still while I go get the doctor, okay?”

Without a second glance at him, she rushed out of the room and closed the door with a thud. The man remained on his bed, staring at the closed door with a bewildered look.

“Um…? Okay,” he said uncertainly.

A few minutes later, the door swung open and this time a man entered the room first before he was followed behind by her, who closed the door behind them. The man was tall, slim, wearing a buttoned white coat with a strange object draped over his shoulders.

“Hello! How’re you doing?” The man wearing the white coat greeted the man on the bed with a wide smile.

“Good, I guess?” Was the reply the man on the bed could reply with a tired look.

“That’s better than being worse,” the white coat man replied delightedly.

He began speaking to the woman next to him, asking for his reports apparently, and after examining them thoroughly, he looked back at the man on the bed with a questioning look.

“You’ve had quite an injury, but you’ve woken up a lot faster than I thought you would.”

“Did I?”

“Yes. You’ve been asleep for well over a week!” The white coat man said with a nod of his head.

“A week?!” The man on the bed exclaimed in alarm. “Was I injured that badly?”

The white coat man nodded and replied, “You were bleeding quite heavily from a serious head injury.”

“Oh. Did I fall down or something?” The man on the bed asked curiously.

“The white coat man shook his head and stated with a serious look, “No. It looked more like you were beaten numerous times by a heavy object.”

His statement caused the eyes of the man on the bed to widen in shock.

“I was attacked? Who could’ve done that to me?!”

“I’m not sure,” the white coat man shrugged solemnly, when his expression suddenly became happy as he continued by saying, “but I’m glad you’re alright! I was very worried for you, you know? When you arrived, I thought you wouldn’t make it, so I’m very relieved you were able to get up.”

“I see,” said the man on the bad with a tired smile on his face. Then, wanting to feel his head, he lifted his free hand up and touched his head, which made him wince with slight pain.

“Hey now, don’t go hurting yourself when I’ve done so much to wrap up that head of yours,” the man in white coat joked with a grin. Then he told the nurse, “Nurse, why don’t you show him what his head looks like with a mirror?”

“Sure, doctor,” said the woman called a nurse with a nod of her head.

She walked over to a corner that had handle on them and pulled them open. For a few seconds, she rummaged through the inside of that place before pulled out what appeared to be an object with a strange material embedded in-between it.

“Right. Here’s what your head looks like after the doctor’s hard work to save you,” she said as she walked over to the other side of his bed and showed him his head.

In an instant, his eyes widened in alarm by what he saw, and the doctor and the nurse both nodded in understanding.

“Yeah, I know it’s a little big and ugly, but after a couple of days, I’ll check and remove it completely, so your head should be all fine and mended!” The doctor said cheerfully.

Contrary to their expectations, however, the man on the bed asked, “Can I see my face?”

“Your face?” The man wearing the white coat asked with a baffled look and turned to the nurse, who also looked confusedly at him. “Sure. Show him his face, nurse.”

“Yes, doctor,” the nurse replied, doing as she was instructed and showed the man on the bed his face.

The man on the bed stared at the face that reflected on the surface of the object she was holding, and his eyes widened in shock. He saw something unbelievable, a face that he thought he would never see again in his lifetime.

“It’s my face…” he muttered to himself, and he began touching his face reflexively. “It’s my face.”

It was the face of what he looked like when he used to be alive so long ago.

2