Chapter 3
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The memories he regained were so overwhelming that he felt like he was about to pass out. He clutched his head and made a pained expression on his face as he looked angrily at the tall muscular mar.

“Oh? Look at you looking angrily at me. I take it you regained your memories?” He asked the man on the bed with a twisted smile. “Yeah~! Imagine my surprise seeing that you were rushed to the hospital and were apparently recovering,” and as he got closed, he made a menacing look and said, “you must’ve been one hell of a lucky guy to survive that amount of beating.”

The man on the bed gritted his teeth and wore an extremely angry expression. He wanted to retorted, but the woman, named Serena Bollward, who was calling herself his girlfriend, spoke first.

“Stop that. How far are you going to go to satisfy yourself?” She asked irritably.

“Oh, come now, woman!” The muscly man said, and he put his arms around the woman, who looked annoyed. “It’s not my fault this man of yours picked a fight with me. Like, is he stupid or something to understand that he got dumped?”

“That’s enough,” she said sharply. “Are you trying to anger me?”

“Hey, hey,” he said with a chuckle and acted timidly. “I don’t mean any harm. I’m a super hero, ranked A-Class with my skills. I’m not the kind that would stoop so low as to hit a man when he’s down,” and then he suddenly sneered, “but your acting skills were superb earlier. Acting so lovey dovey in front of those officers. Even I almost fell for it if I hadn’t known any better.”

He burst into a cold mirthless laughter as he found the whole really funny. Then he pointed at the man on the bed and continued speaking mockingly.

“To top it off, that guy acted so surprised and began conversing normally with you. I was so shocked that I thought his brains got scrambled a little from all that hitting. I guess seeing me regained fixed his brain because look at him. He’s looking at me so angrily!”

At the muskily man’s tantalising words, the man on the bed’s expression became extremely serious as his rage boiled hotter and hotter. He had clenched his fists and glared at the two of them with the utmost fury.

“What’s with that look? You want to hit me? Huh?!” The muscly man exclaimed, suddenly wearing a deadly look as he prepared for a fight. “I’m up for it if you are, punk, but remember that’s how you ended up in this hospital in the first place!”

“That’s enough, Markus!” Serena exclaimed, looking sharply at him so much that he shrugged and relaxed. Then she turned to the man on the bed and said, “Zayden, listen to me for the last time. Markus is loads better than you, stronger than you and has a better status than what you could achieve in your lifetime. So, stop chasing after me. You’re putting me in a difficult position.”

The man on the bed’s anger slight subsided as he stared at her with a bewildered look. Just then, he felt a twinge of pain in his head and the feeling of getting dizzy began to make him sway slightly. He was on the verge of collapsing from the exhaustion and the rush of regaining his memories, but he pushed through the pain as he did not trust them one bit.

“For the time that we spent together, I don’t want to see you getting hurt again by Marcus,” she said and looked towards Markus, who gleamed at him with delight.

“You hear that, stupid? She’s no longer your woman, but mine! Curse yourself for being weak and not having a status because that’s what women want in a strong man, and I am happy exactly the ideal of such women unlike you!”

Then he glared at him and said sharply, “Take this chance to get on with your own life, stupid, otherwise I’d happily deal with you and this time, there won’t be anything remaining for the docs to repair!”

With that, he burst out laughing and forcefully steered Serena away from the man on the bed and towards the room exit. As they departed, she glanced at him one more time before turning away without exchanging another word. Like that, the two departed the room and shut door with a loud thud, leaving behind a tense silence in the room.

The man on the bed was looking mightily angry, so much so that he had closed his eyes trying to calm down. However, his feelings that he had managed to contain till their departure, suddenly erupted.

“DAAAAMMMNNN YYYYOOOUUUUU!!!!”

He yelled so loudly that an immense gust of wind formed inside the room and buffeted everything, from shaking his bed and the liquid cylindrical object beside his bed to making the window rattle. In the next second, all the energy he had mustered was used up and the fatigue finally caught up with him, causing his eyes to roll backwards and falling down unconscious on the bed.

It was only several hours later that he regained his consciousness and groggily sat up on the bed. It took him a moment before he remembered the events that had occurred before he was forced into sleep.

“Damn!” He cursed and slammed his fist down on the bed with great anger. “That bastard! He dares to act so arrogantly before me?!”

He was a being that had killing millions of people and conquering an entire world. During his reign, no one dared to oppose him, and everyone meekly bowed down with obedience. Yet, in this world, in this new body of his, he had to face humiliation like no other against such a man.

It took him a moment to calm down as he muttered, “At least, I should be grateful that I met that guy because I got my memories.” Then he looked at his hands and muttered, “But what is this? Why are these memories so familiar? In fact, why does the name Zayden Kardos, feel more familiar than my own name?”

He was feeling a strange feeling from experiencing the memories from before. Those were the memories of the original owner of this body and should feel foreign, but they feel just as familiar as the memories he has of his own entire life. This did not make sense because, for all he knew, he was never from this world and had lived his life as part of something beyond his control.

“Damn. I don’t understand how his memories feel like they’re my memories but that’s impossible,” he muttered to himself with frustration. Then he sighed and said, “Whatever, I’ll figure it out eventually. I should instead focus on my current situation… and that bastard.”

He looked towards the closed door with a truly menacing look and thought, “That bastard dared to act so arrogant in front of me and almost kill me over something as petty as a girlfriend?”

As he gained the memories of the body’s owner, he also acquired his feelings as well, including the tremendous amount of love the owner had towards the woman called Serena. However, those feelings were very foreign to the current inhabitant of the body, who could not understand how a boy could have such infatuation towards a woman like that.

“How sad,” he muttered with a bitter smile, “you had this much love for her and yet she had only disdain for you. Truly pitiful.”

There was a moment of silence before he glanced at the door once more and said, “I don’t let go of grudges, and I never allow those who bring harm to be to simply walk away.” With that, he raised his clenched fist and made a sharp menacing look before saying, “Blood for blood, tooth for tooth, head for… head!”

He was clenching his hands quite tightly and glaring menacingly at the door for a few seconds before he let out a sigh and relaxed.

“First of, I need to get my bearings. How strong am I? Can I use the Force? What about magic? Can I utilise the internal and external energy? What about my techniques? Will this body be able to handle the full extent of my powers?”

He was listing one by one the things that concerned him the most in that moment as he sat on the bed. After finishing listing them, he remained still and silent as he gazed out at the window at the clear blue sky with the day appearing to be bright and warm.

“Let’s check if I can even sense energy in the first place,” he muttered to himself.

The man closed his eyes to begin trying to feel any kind of energy around him. It did not take him long, and his mouth formed into a wide smile with happiness.

“Woah! This is amazing! Such an abundant amount of energy!” He expressed his happiness while opening his eyes. “Looks like this world has a lot of Elemental Energy and the Elemental Spirits, they’re all around. Good.”

He nodded with satisfaction and held his hand out while muttering, “I can sense the energy, but what about gathering it?”

His face became nervous from the anxiousness of wondering whether he would be able to gather the energy around him. He was actually concerned about his energy going out of control in the event that he succeeded rather than worrying about the chances of him failing.

Thus, he began to focus on the outstretched palm of his hand and, in an instant, a small golden ball of energy gathered in the palm of his hand. It grew larger and larger as beads of sweat began forming on his body until it stopped growing as he focused on stopping its growth.

“Good. Gathering the energy was a success,” he said with a smile.

He held up the ball of energy in his hand and began to moving his arm around, which also kept the ball of energy in the palm of his hand. Then he began experimenting with it, starting by moving his hand around, passing the ball of energy from one hand to another, making the ball hover on his finger tip and tossing it up and down to catch it back in his hand.

“Good. I have fully control over the Energy Force,” he said with a satisfied smile and closed his hand. As the energy dissipated, he breathed a sigh from the sudden weariness and muttered, “What the heck? I’m feeling tired just from conjuring such a small energy ball?”

That was when he realised his body was very weak, and he cursed to himself.

“Damn. What was the original owner of this body thinking by not training his body? Doesn’t he know one must be strong and powerful in order to deal with oppositions that come across him?” He asked irritably before clicking his tongue and saying, “This is what happens when you live too peacefully that you forget the dangers of the real world.”

From there, he began to experiment more by utilising his stamina by conjuring a magical fire out of thin air in the palm of his hand by saying, “Fire.” With that fire, he did the same experiment like he did with the energy ball before closing his hand and making the fire vanish.

“Great. I can use Magic Force. As for testing the Weapon Force…?”

He began glancing around to see if there was a suitable object that he could test with, however he found nothing. So, he sighed to himself while sighing dejectedly.

“Oh well. If Energy Force and Magic Force worked, then Weapon Force would obviously work,” he assured himself with a smile. “That’s good. I was actually worried what I might have to do if I couldn’t utilise my knowledge from my own world in this vastly different world.”

He continued to smile for a few more seconds before his expression suddenly became grim as he wondered, “But what about the original owner of this body? Could he be…?”

With that, he closed his eyes and began to focus his energy onto himself. In an instant, he felt like he was diving deeper into something until he felt his feet touch the ground. When he opened his eyes, he was taken aback by the scenery he found himself in.

The land was barrel, the sky was red, and everything looked like it had been destroyed. There were craters littered all over the place, and this continued on into the far distance, where there were mountains with lava slowly seeping out of the top of some of them.

“W-What the?!” He exclaimed in alarm at witnessing such a chaotic land. “Is this the Unconscious World of the owner of this body?”

He continued to glance around before shouting, “Hey! Is anyone here?”

His words echoed into the silence, but there was no response. So, he closed his eyes and began to sense out the place and he kept doing that until he got no result before he opened his eyes once more.

“Damn. I don’t sense anyone or anything in this place,” he muttered in frustration.

He remained there for a few more seconds before breathing a sigh and closing his eyes. In an instant, he felt his consciousness leave that place and surface, causing him to widen his eyes and find himself sitting on his hospital bed.

“I couldn’t sense the whereabouts of the owner of this body. What does that mean…?” He asked himself out loud with a look of frustration.

There was a moment of silence before he breathed a sigh and said, “Whatever.”

He picked up the mirror lying on his bedside and held it in front of him, which reflected his face.

“Zayden Kardos,” he began by seemingly addressing the owner of the body, “I don’t know where you are, what happened to you, or how I ended up in your body, but I am here right now, so there’s nothing I can do to leave your body. So, until your return, I promise you that I, Asura Rangavardan, will consider your body as my own and will live your life and do my best to not bring shame to your name!”

As he spoke, he wore a determined smile on his face as he stared at himself in the mirror with the bright sunlight shining brightly through the window and into the room he was in.

Hey everyone! Vertrex here.

How's the story going so far? How's the pacing? Is it good or do you want me to slow it down? Let me know in the comments section as I'm happy to read and integrate your thoughts, ideas and any negatives you've discovered about the story!

Until next time, read well, and be strong! 🫡

1