Prelude
1.2k 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is just a heads up on what to expect going into the story as it isn't for everyone.

First look at the tags! A lot of bad stuff happens in the story. The story is darker than most on the website and contains smut written into the chapters without specifically making pure smut chapters after the first. The protagonist has sex against his will and while it doesn't effect him some people might not be able to tolerate that type of content. A lot of my thinking is if monsters were real and someone could control them it wouldn't be as easy as most stories like this make it out to be. Most monsters are evil and it would be a constant fight to make sure they don't rape or kill anyone, especially the more evil monsters like goblins.

The main character isn't evil but he definitely isn't like the pushover good guys in most stories. His thoughts are normally focused around will this make him stronger without too much risk of death. If he thinks someone is a threat he'll either completely avoid them or figure out a way to kill them before they do become a problem. This doesn't mean he can't be tricked just he wont stumble into every trap someone places thinking the best of everyone. Slavery plays a big part in the story as well and future love interests might start out as slaves. 

There wont be much talking in the first twenty or so chapters as he will be alone for a good chunk then too focused on getting stronger to really develop any of the characters beyond surface level. It will pick up once the main character starts to feel more secure in his position in the world and where the weakest enemies wont be able to easily kill him. Because of the person who previously controlled his body was so incompetent he needs to make up stats and skills that should be much higher for someone his age, especially the skills he'd need to survive.

The majority of people in the world aren't min/maxers so the protagonist will rapidly gain years worth of stats and blow past most people who don't take their stat and skill training seriously. The status screens might be a bit overwhelming at the beginning but as he gets stronger they'll be shown only when he gets a new skill and maybe put at the end of future chapters in spoiler boxes.

28