Chapter 4 – Revenge for brother
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

The monsters that revealed their forms underwent physical transformations. Some grew yellow fur on their skin and their eyes turned emerald green. Others developed thick skin on their faces and sprouted horns from their heads... all displaying partial characteristics of monsters. Furthermore, some of them wielded two spikes in their hands, while others held a large axe or used a flexible sword... all weapons they excelled in, possessing extraordinary power. Among them, some were fast while others were slower, but even the slower ones left illusions in the air, indicating their incredible speed.

 

One particular entity transformed into a mist, making it eerie and difficult to discern its true form. The invisible disappearing monster sent shivers down the spine of the black-robed elder nearby, who exclaimed, "They can turn invisible? How do we fight against that? These monsters are terrifying."

 

Meanwhile, the chubby man in a yellow robe named "Yong Chu," despite giving orders, remained standing and observing. He remarked, "My seven subordinates are all powerful. Their combined strength is enough to determine the true and false aspects of this mysterious expert."

 

In battles between experts, victory often hangs by a thread. Understanding some of the secrets of the enigmatic master before them might provide an advantage in combat.

 

"Seven?" Muyun Qin stood there, motionless.

 

"Swoosh! Swoosh! Swoosh!"

 

In an instant, his right hand unsheathed the sword and swiftly returned it to its scabbard. Several flashes of cold light streaked through the air like agile serpents. The five monsters that had been rushing towards him plummeted to the ground. The bizarre and unpredictable mist also transformed into a leopard, while the lifeless body of a woman that appeared in the air behind Muyun Qin immediately changed into a ferret.

 

All seven monsters crashed to the ground, their weapons smashing onto the floor with a resounding boom. Each of them reverted to their original forms, some being wolf demons, others leopard demons... Their bodies were much larger than ordinary beast corpses, but they all lay motionless on the ground.

 

The black-robed elder and the woman in the pink robe, who had been standing motionless at a distance, turned pale.

 

"Dead? Seven monsters, killed in an instant?" The black-robed elder couldn't believe it. "I couldn't even see his sword!"

 

"Such a fast sword. Did you rely on your magical eye to see through the invisibility?"

 

Yong Chu, the chubby man in the yellow robe, stood there with a low voice. "No wonder you dared to come in alone. However, coming to my place was the worst decision you've ever made." As he spoke, he suddenly slammed his left hand onto the armrest of the nearby throne. The force of the impact was tremendous, causing the entire armrest to sink on one side with a loud crack.

 

The side door of the entire hall slammed shut, revealing countless holes in the walls and ceiling.

 

"Not good." The black-robed elder showed a look of horror and despair.

 

"Master..." The woman in the pink robe also looked hopeless.

 

However, the chubby man in the yellow robe grinned, revealing a fierce and ugly pig's head. Thick fur covered his entire body, and he swelled to a height of about thirty feet. His clothes had long burst open.

 

Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh...

 

Countless black lights shot out from the holes in the dome and walls of the hall. Each of them was a poisonous spike about the size of a palm, covering everything densely. There was no escape. Even the location of the pig demon 'Yong Chu' himself was also shrouded in the spikes.

 

Numerous spikes shot towards them, and the black-robed elder and the woman in the pink robe were instantly pierced with more than ten holes each, killing them on the spot, their eyes filled with despair.

 

Plop, plop, plop...

 

Even the stone benches were easily pierced by the spikes. The floor of the hall, paved with bluestones, was also riddled with holes.

 

"I built this underground palace and set up such mechanisms to deal with true experts like you." The pig demon 'Yong Chu' looked expectantly.

 

Muyun Qin, on the other hand, walked casually through the hall. His movements were fluid and relaxed. His invisible consciousness spread out, covering a radius of five zhang (about 16 meters). Everything within that range, even a speck of dust invisible to the naked eye, he could sense. With this buffer of five zhang, it became much easier to avoid the spikes.

 

He made subtle changes to his body, avoiding each spike.

 

Even when he occasionally encountered spikes that were difficult to dodge, Muyun Qin simply extended his right hand and lightly flicked them aside.

 

In about the time it takes to catch a breath, all the spikes had been shot out, and the hall returned to silence, except for the numerous holes throughout the chamber.

 

The pig demon 'Yong Chu' removed his large hand, which was like a fan, from his eyes. The fur all over his body trembled, and the spikes on his body fell to the ground.

 

"I've heard that wild boar fur is very thick. You, a wild boar demon, can withstand these spikes with your body. Impressive," Muyun Qin complimented, a rare praise.

 

"Hmph, you easily avoided and blocked these spikes, reaching the level of 'Flawless.' Your consciousness can even extend outward, approaching the unity of heaven and man. I didn't expect such a great expert like you to come to me," said the pig demon 'Yong Chu.'

 

With that, the pig demon reached out and grabbed an iron pillar next to the throne, causing a rumble. The iron pillar, which was thirteen feet long, looked coordinated in the hands of the pig demon, despite his height of about thirty feet. The pig demon casually swung the stick, creating a roaring gale. His power was enough to make one's heart tremble. "High cultivation doesn't necessarily mean strong power! I have killed many human experts who had higher cultivation than mine."

 

Please note that the translation provided is a rough interpretation, and some nuances may be lost in the process.

 

As soon as the words fell, the wild boar demon Chuyong charged forward, swinging the iron pillar in his hand with a sweeping motion. Whoosh—it was as if the iron pillar, weighing thousands of kilograms, swept through everything in its path, causing injuries and deaths with every graze and knock.

 

"Swoosh."

 

However, Muyun Qin swiftly lowered his body, avoiding the iron pillar swinging above his head, and instantly drew his sword from its sheath.

 

Swish—

 

The sword light slashed diagonally across the wild boar demon's abdomen. In the split second the sword passed through, Muyun Qin felt a powerful resistance. The sword struggled to cut through the strands of hair, and when it finally reached the thick skin of the wild boar demon, the skin proved incredibly tough. It barely left a white mark as it carved open a shallow cut, exhausting all of Muyun Qin's strength.

 

"Whoosh." The wild boar demon Chuyong immediately retracted the iron pillar and thrust it downward.

 

Meanwhile, Muyun Qin, after swinging his sword, immediately dashed forward to evade and then turned around to attack again.

 

Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh...

 

Muyun Qin's speed soared to its peak. Although Chuyong, the wild boar demon, wielded the iron pillar skillfully, he couldn't touch Muyun Qin in the slightest. Muyun Qin swiftly launched consecutive sword strikes or chops from different directions—thrusting, slashing, or sweeping. They landed on Chuyong's body one after another, but even the most powerful strike only pierced about two inches into the thick skin, failing to penetrate the entire layer.

 

"What thick fur you have," Muyun Qin retreated to the side and sighed in admiration. "The skin is too thick, too thick."

 

"Hahaha, I told you, a high cultivation level doesn't necessarily mean great strength. Your sword can't break through my skin, so how can you fight me? As long as I land one hit on you, you're done for," Chuyong, the wild boar demon, laughed heartily.

 

"Your skin is indeed thick and solid, but it's time to witness my 'Misty Rain Sword'," Muyun Qin spoke up. "It's a sword technique I created myself."

 

"Self-created?" Chuyong, the wild boar demon, laughed. "A formidable sword technique requires countless refinements. What can your self-created technique achieve?"

 

"Is that so?" Muyun Qin stepped forward.

 

"Die for me!" Chuyong, the wild boar demon, thrust the iron pillar in his hand forward, but Muyun Qin easily evaded and counterattacked with his sword. The sword light was misty, like a drizzle in March, hazy and dreamlike.

 

Chuyong, the wild boar demon, raised and lowered the iron pillar, swiftly blocking the attack.

 

Puff.

 

The misty sword light collided with the iron pillar, causing it to slightly change direction, while the sword light spun around the iron pillar and continued its trajectory, slashing through Chuyong's waist. Initially, Chuyong didn't take it seriously, being overly confident in his own body. However, he widened his eyes in the next moment, frantically trying to cover his abdomen.

 

Crash!

 

His body split in half, and the upper and lower halves completely separated, falling to the ground, blood staining the floor.

 

Only then did Muyun Qin sheathe his sword.

 

Chuyong, the wild boar demon, possessed immense vitality. He looked up at Muyun Qin and said, "How is this possible? You couldn't break through my skin before, but how did a single strike... It's impossible! I was born with thick fur and received the Water God's teachings on body refinement. How could a single strike from your self-created 'Misty Rain Sword' sever my body?"

 

"Yes," Muyun Qin nodded.

 

Chuyong's lower body had transformed into its original form, and his upper body was beginning to undergo the same change. He stared at Muyun Qin and asked, "You killed me just because of Qin Xu? Who exactly are you?"

 

Unwilling to accept his fate, he had ruled over Yingtian County for sixty-eight years, only to die at the hands of a mysterious expert.

 

Muyun Qin looked at the wild boar demon and spoke, "Yes, I killed you because of Qin Xu! Because... I am his younger brother!"

 
 
 
0