Chapter 12 – indentured servitude contract
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

Looking at the east building in the distance, Miss Ling Shuang's door was closed, and the many onlookers who were originally silent began to talk one after another.

     "Qin Mansion? Muyun Qin? It's Yinzhang arresting the head of Mr. Qin's house. I know that his second son Muyun Qin merged his sword with his sword when he was thirteen, and he reached the ninth level of Qi refining. He is really talented. Now do the math. , eight years have passed, and I didn’t expect that I am already among the gods.” A chubby gentleman shook his head, “This is how powerful a finger can be at will. If all kinds of spells are used, tsk tsk…”

     "Look, Liu Qi from the Liu family was so scared that he ran away long ago."

     "Young Master Qin is from our Yingtian County, so we are merciful. If those immortal cultivators wandering around had no worries, they would have killed him with one finger."

     "Then Miss Lingshuang is different now. With Mr. Qin supporting her, no one in Yingtian County dares to bully her."

     These guests were talking a lot.

     …

     inside the house.

     There was a sparkle in Miss Ling Shuang's eyes: "Brother Muyun, thank you." She knew that Muyun Qin deliberately publicized this time to shock all parties and let all guests know that the famous prostitute 'Miss Ling Shuang' was protected by Muyun Qin.

     "It's just a trivial matter. I originally wanted to scare the monkeys, but when Fatty Liu came out, I just took the opportunity to establish his authority." Muyun Qin said, "And his mouth does stink."

     "The Liu family is one of the three major families in Yingtian County. They won't bring trouble to you, Brother Muyun, right?" Miss Ling Shuang asked worriedly.

     Muyun Qin smiled: "The truly powerful people in this world either hold huge power in the imperial court or are practitioners. Others are not worth mentioning!"

     There are not many people in Yingtian County that Muyun Qin can be afraid of.

     The first ranked one is the county guard. The county guard combines military and political power. Because he has to deal with monsters causing trouble, he can kill anyone below the seventh rank first and then report them! In this way, no one in the entire Yingtian County imperial government would dare to disobey the county governor. If he gave the order, being an enemy of him would be an enemy of the entire imperial government.

     The power of the imperial court still makes practitioners very fearful.

     Even if an expert in the Xiantian Golden Core Realm had a falling out with the imperial court and the imperial court issued an order, the master in the Xiantian Golden Core Realm who could also pursue him would have no choice but to flee to the end of the world.

     Fortunately, the county governor's term lasts three years. For a maximum of two consecutive terms, he must be transferred to another place.

     "By the way, I will settle the contract between you and Yanfenglou. You are ready to leave Yanfenglou with me tonight." Muyun Qin said directly.

     Miss Ling Shuang was stunned.

     Even Aunt Xue next to her looked at Muyun Qin in surprise.

     "A contract of sale?" Miss Ling Shuang hesitated.

     "What's wrong?" Muyun Qin was confused.

     "This contract of betrayal, actually..." Miss Ling Shuang said hesitantly, "Actually, there is no contract of betrayal!"

     Muyun Qin was surprised: "Didn't you sell yourself into Yanfeng Tower to pay off your debts? Tian Bo also said that you paid off nearly 20,000 taels of debt. With so much silver, there is no way that Yanfeng Tower would not force you to sign a deed of sale."

     Miss Ling Shuang smiled helplessly and said: "Brother Muyun, when I enter Yanfeng Tower, it's just an ordinary contract. If you don't believe me, you can ask Aunt Xue."

     Muyun Qin turned to look at Aunt Xue.

     Aunt Xue... is now an old member of the Xie family, the biological aunt of Xie Lei and Xie Shuang! Because the mother of Xie Lei and Xie Shuang died young and their father was seriously ill in bed, Aunt Xue came to take care of the brothers and sisters.

     "It's just an ordinary contract, not a contract of selling oneself." Aunt Xue nodded, "I won't allow Xiaoshuang to really sell herself in."

     "Then why do the outside world say it is a contract of betrayal?" Muyun Qin asked.

     "Brother Muyun." Miss Ling Shuang said, "My brother lost his life while guarding the escort, and so many people died in the escort agency. My Xie family went bankrupt to pay for the poor family members who lost their men. This is of course true! What happened later? The mysterious guest who escorted us knew that my Xie family was in such a catastrophic situation and did not ask my Xie family to pay any money. Although I wanted to pay for the reputation of the Xie family, the mysterious guest only took a few taels of silver and left. "

     "I was the only sixteen-year-old girl left in the Xie family at that time. I, the Xie family, have been escorts for many years and have been begging for food. I have indeed left a lot of blood debts." Miss Ling Shuang continued, "I am helpless. , if I support the Xie family, I am afraid that my enemies will find me soon and I will lose my life. So I took the initiative to enter Yanfeng Tower."

 

"The contract is just an ordinary contract. I simply claimed that I sold myself into the Yanfeng Pavilion to settle my debts," Miss Ling Shuang said. "By letting those enemies know that the Yanfeng Pavilion spent so much money on me, they wouldn't dare to mess with me, or they would be provoking the Yanfeng Pavilion!"

 

"The Yanfeng Pavilion is also happy with this arrangement! Let the outside world know that they spent nearly twenty thousand taels of silver to acquire me. It will greatly enhance my reputation and allow the Yanfeng Pavilion to earn even more money," Miss Ling Shuang continued. "As for the enemies of my Xie family, my brother can easily intimidate them even when he was alive. The Yanfeng Pavilion will pay even less attention to them."

 

Muyun Qin nodded.

 

The Yanfeng Pavilion was the most famous brothel in Yingtian County, where silver flowed like water every day, attracting officials and wealthy people. Its influence was extraordinary. Moreover, those who could manage such a brothel all had strong backing!

 

"Don't deceive me, selling oneself is not a trivial matter," Muyun Qin said.

 

"How could I deceive you, Brother Muyun? If you don't believe me, you can ask the manager of this building," Miss Ling Shuang said. "She knows about this."

 

"I'll go and ask," Muyun Qin said, not minding the trouble, and walked directly outside.

 

He opened the door and saw a maid and the female manager waiting not far away. Muyun Qin gave them orders directly, "Are you the manager? I have something to ask you."

 

The female manager hesitated.

 

"As a manager, don't deceive me," Muyun Qin glanced at the female manager, who inexplicably felt fear and couldn't dare to deceive him. She respectfully said, "Second Young Master, it's just an ordinary contract. The claim of nearly twenty thousand taels of silver is just an empty statement. This way, Miss Ling Shuang can enter the Yanfeng Pavilion and stay in the Eastern Building."

 

Muyun Qin nodded.

 

To be able to stay in the Eastern Building meant being among the ranks of famous courtesans.

 

The Yanfeng Pavilion claimed to have spent nearly twenty thousand taels of silver, which also elevated Miss Ling Shuang's status. Otherwise, how could a newcomer become a famous courtesan directly? Of course, Miss Ling Shuang herself had excellent qualities, not tainted by worldly affairs. She had studied music, chess, calligraphy, and painting. She excelled in playing the lute, sword dance, and her appearance was also remarkable. With various talents, she could be praised and promoted.

 

Otherwise, even mud couldn't stick to the wall.

 

"Otherwise, as a newcomer, how long would it take to rise step by step?" the female manager said with a forced smile.

 

"Alright, you may leave now," Muyun Qin instructed.

 

"Yes, yes, understood."

 

The female manager quickly retreated.

 

Muyun Qin then returned to the room.

 

"I didn't expect there was no selling oneself contract," Muyun Qin said with a smile. "We can't take the rumors from the outside world seriously after all."

 

"Brother Muyun," Miss Ling Shuang held Muyun Qin's arm and gently shook it. "I had no other choice back then."

 

"Now that there was no selling oneself contract, and I have returned, you don't need to worry about your enemies anymore. Come back with me, and you can stay at my Qin Residence," Muyun Qin said. "It will be even easier to terminate the ordinary contract."

 

Miss Ling Shuang hesitated.

 

"What's wrong?" Muyun Qin asked, puzzled.

 

Miss Ling Shuang looked at Muyun Qin and said, "Brother Muyun, you said for me to go with you, and I know you treat me well, but living in the Qin Residence, spending every day inside those walls... is that how I should live?"

 

"You can distance yourself from this worldly place, have someone you love in the future, get married, and have a family," Muyun Qin replied.

 

"Get married?" Miss Ling Shuang shook her head. "I entered this world of decadence, and I can never wash away that stain from my life. How can I get married?"

 

Muyun Qin was taken aback.

 

"You mentioned getting married, but to whom? If we talk about the prominent noble families, they would never marry me; at most, they would take me as a concubine! I would rather remain unmarried for life than become someone's concubine," Miss Ling Shuang said, her eyebrows furrowed with determination.

 

Muyun Qin nodded slightly. Indeed, the status of a concubine was low, slightly higher than that of a servant girl. With Ling Shuang's pride, how could she be content being a concubine?

 

And as for being a legal wife? True noble families would never marry a famous courtesan as their legitimate wife.

 

"Those willing to marry me are likely from small families," Miss Ling Shuang shook her head. "During my time at the Yanfeng Pavilion, countless suitors pursued me. While it was acceptable at the brothel, if I were to marry into a small family, it would only bring disaster upon them."

 

"I have sealed my fate by entering this world of decadence. It is impossible for me to get married," Miss Ling Shuang shook her head. "As for leaving this place and living in a secluded mansion, lonely and destitute... Brother Muyun, do you want me to live like that?"

 

Muyun Qin pondered.

 

"And at the Yanfeng Pavilion, I have sisters as companions. I can learn dance, musical instruments, and martial arts. There are also countless wealthy guests pursuing me," Miss Ling Shuang said. "In my opinion, I am happier living like this."

 

"I can stay or leave, but I feel more at ease here. Moreover, I have grown accustomed to this life, which is filled with variety and excitement," Miss Ling Shuang looked at Muyun Qin. "Brother Muyun, do you understand my thoughts?"

 

Muyun Qin felt a tinge of sorrow in his heart.

 

The girl he remembered had grown up! He had been worried before, thinking that she would lose her loved ones and end up in a brothel. He feared her mentality would become twisted. But if she found happiness in this life, then so be it.

 

"The life of a famous courtesan suits me just fine," Miss Ling Shuang smiled at Muyun Qin. "Why, Brother Muyun, do you look down on a famous courtesan? Do you think having a sister who is a famous courtesan embarrasses you?"

 

"Haha, life between heaven and earth is as fleeting as a passing moment. To live joyfully throughout one's life is enough!" Muyun Qin nodded. "Little Frost, if you enjoy this life, then don't worry about others' opinions. Just remember that you have a brother behind you, no matter what difficulties or troubles you face, come and tell me instead of bearing them alone."

 

Muyun Qin was a cultivator who had seen countless life and death situations, so he didn't concern himself with worldly opinions.

 
0