Chapter 8: Blacksmith
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well Pixel left, leaving an ominous warning. Para on my shoulder, seemed to still be blissfully eating her cookie. I hold onto the coin purse and put it in my pocket. I decided to see where I could go.

“In your wrist thing, there is a map mode they won't tell you about. Instead of thinking of your personal information, think of a map, and it will appear.” Para said.

Listening to her I held my wrist out and tried to think of a map, it sparks up on my wrist and projects out a large map. It was just as Para had said. I spent some time manipulating it. It was interesting. It had details of places I had been near, the rest was less detailed, and not much detailed. So it seems I need to explore to fill in the map with more details.

I looked through the map for quite a while, and found the shopping district toward the center of the city but a lot seems to line the main street. There were some back side street ones. One detail that stood out to me was that certain sections of the city seemed to specialize in different things, which doesn't mean there aren't other options for stores. The red one seemed really focused on weapons, and combat gear. Pink seemed really focused on fashion. Green seemed a lot more on medical.

There is a lot of differences in these, but a part of me is concerned. Ares is the red section. They own that part of town. If I want weapons or gear that would need to go to a store not owned or controlled by the Ares guild.

“Hey, Para, do you know of a store to get a weapon I can use that is not operated by the Ares guild?” I asked her.

“There is one, that most phoenix members go to, that doesn't have any alliances that own it.” Para replied.

“Where is it?” I asked.

“Oh it's down over there.” She pointed in a direction.

Following her gaze and following it on the map, I did see one very small one. I wouldn't guess more than a side alley shop. If Para said it was true, then I can guess it would be the best information I could get. Going to any Ares guild owned shops is asking for trouble.

I started walking in that direction. It seemed on the other side of town then Ares which was fine by me. It seemed if I didn't want to make enemies I should probably best avoid any fights not related to a job.

As I walked I kind of started taking in the beauty the city could offer for me. Neon signs on buildings, mixed with floating holograms. Some buildings seemed older made out of concrete, while only new buildings toward the centers of powers can have taller buildings made of metal and glass. I guess it reflects their power.

Walking down the streets, I can see groups of similar species standing together in groups or mostly keep to themselves. I don't know if it's instinct, or just that people with similar personalities appear as similar species? I put that thought to the side of my head, I was curious about it, but it wasn't important right now.

It was interesting seeing more of the city, but I really needed to arm myself with a weapon. I kept my path going on my way to the weapon shop. Keeping an eye out for anyone trying something, but either I was not well known or there were much more other important things going on. The only reason I was attacked earlier with Pixel was the mission we were doing.

Well it was as I thought. When I arrived at the alley, there was a small sign promoting the shop hanging above a very old wooden door, which I have not seen many of. I knocked on the door, to no response. I decided to go inside, so I slowly opened the door and stepped inside.

“Hello? Anyone here?” I asked.

Inside the shop does have some screens on the walls, but it seems like a really old interior, like it's been here all the while. There are pictures of people holding weapons, some seem happy, others seem to be sad and returning a weapon someone else was holding. I guess that would be the friends of the dead returning the weapons. I see a much younger Pixel getting handed a small knife when she was young.

“She had such a cute smile when she was young don't you think?” A voice asked behind me.

I turned to face this voice and found myself facing an old donkey looking person. He was sitting deeper in the shop where his forging table was sitting as he was tending to the fire. He has graying hair and looks like he has been doing this a long time.

“She does look cute in that photo. Hey um, are you a blacksmith Para recommended?” I asked.

“Para?” he asked, looking over at me.

I think upon seeing para on my shoulder, who promptly waves at him with a big smile. The old donkey smiles at seeing her and shakes his head.

“I see now. That's how you ended up here, much less you're also a part of them.” He said, getting up from his seat. “Go make yourself comfortable over there. Looks like I need to make a weapon today.”

0