Chapter 9: Encounter with Knights
4k 7 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up 5 minutes later, feeling refreshed, not. Looks like such a short nap is equally detrimental to helicopters as humans. I felt slightly cranky, but heroically, I decided to go on with my day without disturbing anyone. I still haven't tested the capabilities of my new body yet. I needed to understand my new form completely as soon as possible in case I get put into an emergency combat situation or something.

As I was leaving the stable, I noticed a bunch of goods piled up beside the door. Beyond them, I could see 20 villagers in a semi-circle formation standing in front of the door, the village chief at the front. When they saw me, they immediately bowed.

Villagers in unison: {Thank you for saving us from those Wyverns!}

I was surprised by their show of gratitude and hastily replied: {You're welcome!}

The village chief then explained that those goods were gifts from the villagers for saving them. They were going about their normal lives when they suddenly heard a loud roar and felt an immense amount of bloodlust in the air. Every villager was frozen in fear except for John and two more guards. One of the guards stayed behind to herd villagers back into their house while John and the guard with the bow, Mark, went to check on the source of the bloodlust. They arrived at the edge of the village, and Mark using his 《Eagle-Eye》 skill, managed to make out my figure fighting against the Wyvern. That's when they realised I was fighting to defend the village.

Back to the gifts, I could see food items within them, which meant that the villagers still think that I needed food despite I never having eaten anything in front of them before. I guess they thought I hunted and ate the food in the forest. Still, I graciously accepted their gifts and stored them in my inventory.

[Inventory has leveled up from Level 1 to Level 2, inventory space has increased.]

Just as I thought it was all over, the village chief stepped forward. He held a small wooden box in his hand. He raised his voice and declared.

Village Chief: {Of course, these are just the gifts, we still have the reward.}

He opened the box and, lo and behold, a glowing purple gem was sitting in the middle of a white cushion. I appraised it and it turn out to be the magic stone of a Wyvern. I stored it and after going through some formalities, sold the rest of the Wyverns to the village. They could not find a stone in 2 of the Wyverns but they managed to retrieve the meat from them, giving me quite a profit. I wonder if I incinerated the magic stones. Also, it turns out that the village was pretty rich but lacked food due to the goblins. Merchants visited the village sometimes, but the village was no longer relevant since the forest was no longer usable, so Merchants assumed they were poor and visited the village rarely.

By the time the ceremony was over, it was already evening. Most villagers would end their day here, but luckily, I had a spotlight. Thus, I spent the night hunting Ents and Goblins, reaching Level 4.

[Increased Projectile Damage has leveled up from Level 3 to Level 4.]

[Charge has leveled up from Level 1 to Level 2.]

[Radar has leveled up from Level 1 to Level 2.]

[Camouflage has leveled up from Level 1 to Level 2.]

I returned to the village in the morning the next day. I deposited my game in front of the dismantler's house and proceeded to drive back to the stable.

(Wait, who is that.)

A fully armoured man was staring right at me, and his face wasn't familliar at all. He had a full set of metallic armour, which I had not seen in this village before. It resembled those worn by Knights during the medieval era. I checked 《Presence Detection》 and 《Radar》, discovering 80 more presences in the village than usual. Who were they? The villagers seem to be carrying on with their daily lives so the fully armoured man did not seem to be an invader. Was he some sort of knight?

The man unsheathed his blade and held it ready, clearly showing his hostility towards me. Before I could do anything, Kira appeared in between of us.

Kira: {STOP! STOP!}

The knight appeared confused, shouting at Kira to get out of the way.

Knight: {Get away! That thing might be dangerous!}

Kira: {That thing is my friend!}

The knight ignored her, insistently calling me a dangerous beast and telling her to get away from me. That's when I took matters into my own hands. While experimenting in the forest, I found out that I was capable of producing any voice or sound using my speaker. 

And thus, I told him in a voice fitting for a Demon King: {BACK OFF!}

I don't intend to make him an enemy, but I also don't intend to let him underestimate me either.

[You have learnt Intimidation Level 1.]

[Intimidation allows you to release an aura which makes weaker enemies lose their will their fight with you.]

The man backed off a few steps, his arms lowering immediately. I could not see his facial expression, but from the clattering of his armour, I could tell he was scared. Two more knights arrived at the scene and pointed their sword at me, which made me think that maybe I made the wrong decision, but I was in too deep now. I activated 《Intimidation》 and everyone around me immediately froze. Looks like it doesn't discriminate friends against foes since the villagers also became frozen in fear. More and more knights are arriving at the scene. I decided to convince everyone that I was friendly while they were still frozen in fear.

In a more polite tone, I told everyone : {I don't mean to harm anyone, just listen to me!}

One of the knight then fainted while foaming at the mouth, causing the rest of the knights to increase their vigilance against me, how inconsiderate of him. Just when everything seems like it would devolve into a fight, I suddenly heard a metallic clanging sound.

Kira: {Ow, my hand! Hel, deactivate the aura!}

What? How could she move?! Still, I quickly deactivated the aura. Everyone began to move again. The knights seemed devoid of energy, some of them even sat on the ground, which meant that I could freely explain to them that I lived here. I guess I could call it a win? Just then, the village chief arrived along with 2 more person. One of them was fully covered in armour except for his head, fully displaying his handlebar mustache. The other seemed more scholarly, with fine clothes and glasses.

Handlebar: {What the hell is happening here?! What the hell is that thing?!}

Village chief: {Ummm, that thing is one of my villager.}

And so, the knights and I entered a debate in which we blamed each other for starting the situation. The debate ended inconclusively with no one accepting the blame, and the handlebar mustache guy could not be bothered and went back to the village chief's house after scolding his knights, so all's well that ends well. I think the knights hate me though. Just before everyone dispersed, I secretly appraised Kira.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Kira, Level 21

Race: Beast Human

Hp: 561/561

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(What?)

Her stats were higher than average. I have never appraised her as I expected her stats to be similar to other villages, that was clearly a mistake. Unexpectedly, she looked at me and grinned knowingly. I WASN'T EVEN FACING HER, I WAS USING MY 《FREE VIEW》 SKILL! Was that intuition or does she have some sort of skill to sense my appraisal? Who was she? How was she so much stronger than everyone else in the village? I decided to investigate in the future. Just then, the village chief came back out of his house. He walked over to me and whispered.

Village Chief: {We have to go to the Capital.}

Huh?

 

 

96