Ch. 1 – The Great Pretender meets his fate
705 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[HEYOHHH! The rewrite fanfic is finally here and many things have changed, I swear. Mc will be more weaker than the previous fanfic protag but in exchange, there would be less OC's and will be able to cover the rest of the chosen worlds that weren't included in the previous fanfic.

What to expect?

• Possible removal of a harem member.

• More interactive system

• Weak to strong mc (I already announced this but still)

• Expect constant world hopping from here and there.

• Same sched in publishing. One chapter per day.

• Reach the top 10 power rankings before the end of a week, there would be a bonus chapter on Monday.

That's all! Enjoy!]

|-_-_-_-_-_-_|

How did I come to this?

Finding myself tied on my feet upside down, I noticed that I'm in some kind of abandoned factory or some shit.

What was the last thing I remember?

Oh right, I was scamming people of their money as usual. Well, I'm a Great Pretender after all, a title that was given to me due to my excellent acting skills and courage that I even managed to scam the President's son during a few days before his birthday party.

It's quite easy to scam the teenager due to his reputation of being a womanizer. A few photos of hot chicks and some promises is enough to get me a few thousand dollars from his pocket. Or his daddy's pocket.

Though soon I became wanted by the entire country of the US, but did that stop me from becoming the Greatest Pretender in the world?

Nope.

Sure my face is in every social media and newspapers as a wanted person but there's a cute little procedure in the world called Facial Surgery.

I have access to the dark web as some empty-headed teenagers like to call it though the real name of it is far from anything Dark. Did they really think the people behind it would be dumb enough to call themselves something dark and suspicious?

Nonetheless, I got a few connections and had a facial surgery from a Black Doctor.

No, not a literal 'black' dude doctor but a doctor who is both illegal and legal at the same time.

Doctors who are willing to buy organs and few weird shit from the Dark Web for either experimentations or some shits.

Anyways, after keeping up contact with the Black Doctor, it became even more harder for America to capture me, hence the kids in social media thought I was cool and called me The Great Pretender.

I admit, it's a cool title for a man with my expertise.

And so, a few years have passed and I'm still walking free in daylight without any fear on the cameras.

I'm currently looking for a tourist to scam, hence why I'm walking in the streets near a Casino in Nevada. Mostly for tourists, they would head to a good tourist spot but only a great Pretender like me knows that rich tourists would most likely head to a casino once they step foot in America.

And here I am, setting my sights on a rich looking guy surrounded by women. His face looks so innocent which clearly tells me that he's another dumb rich teenager who must've been spoiled by his parents.

Heh, rich parents really should learn how to educate their children.

Approaching the man, he quickly noticed me which irks me a bit but ignored it. Anyways, I'll definitely suck this man's wallet tonight.

Considering how he's surrounded by women, he's a womanizer and with his expensive clothes but no signs of any hard work in his body, I could already tell that he's either spoiled by his parents or his job is around business.

I prefer the former since if he's some kind of rich businessman, he definitely wouldn't be here for fun but since he's surrounded by exotic beauties left and right, wears very expensive clothing as if he wants the entire world to see his wealth and lastly, his sports car that screams luxury, not to mention, looking at the man's face, I can tell he's around 20 so it's impossible for him to be a rich businessman at such a young age.

All these observations were made in just a few seconds as I then started to talk.

"Good evening, sir and ladies." Bowing my head and winking at one of the women, I flashed my 'scamming' smile and continued.

"I couldn't help but notice this, but you are a businessman, correct me if I'm wrong?" After finishing, I noticed a strange glint on the man's eyes before he replied to me.

"You're sharp, what do you want? Let me tell you this, don't waste my time, okay?" The man's face then flashed a bit cold as he softly threatened me, the women on his arms might not notice it but I do.

"Of course, I promise you that this proposition won't be a waste of your time, especially a man of your stature!" I smiled, adding praise for him, just because you threatened me, did you think I would stop? Think again.

"First things first, my name is Mark Santos and I represent an investment firm that specializes in granting unique opportunities for individuals like you. We recently encountered a Once in a Lifetime opportunity in the luxury goods market. With your financial help, combined with our expertise, both of our wealth will multiply in no time!" 

In my Con Book, a book I wrote myself, the first thing to do in scamming people is to praise them based on their appearance, a praise that is not too specific but a broad praise such, when I praise him of his stature, it could refer to different things like his body build, or his wealthy appearance, hence why it is broad.

Second, introduce your full name, while flashing your fake I.D for a few seconds, just enough for your target to get a glimpse.

Third, hammer it down but get straight to the point but at the same time, sounding very professional. This requires intensive research on many things so your knowledge wouldn't be lacking if your target starts asking questions.

And just as I expected, my target started asking questions.

"Oh really? I'm intrigued, but how do I know you're not a Con-Artist?" Squinting his eyes, the man in question immediately felt like I was a con-man.

Which is normal.

Thus, the last and fourth rule.

Start small to gain trust.

"I understand your concern, sir. Which is why I am willing to offer, if you prefer, we can start with smaller investments such as 10,000 dollars right now and as a sign of trust, you can take my i.d along with my business card, so once your investment is in and you reap the fruits of your investment, I'll be able to get my I.D back." Once again, I flashed my 'scamming' smile at the man who smiled and started to laugh much to my confusion.

"Did I say something funny, sir?" I confusedly asked, this is the first time a target of mine would start laughing all of the sudden.

"This is the first time I saw a Con-Artist that speaks professionally. Mostly, Con-Artists have partners that would help them in scamming people but you, not only you are alone but you look like you know what you are saying." The man then spoke and pointed his finger at me.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

"With all of these, you must be the Great Pretender, aren't you?" The man flashed a toothy grin at me as he revealed, making my blood run cold.

Oh shit, looks like I'm back to running.

Just as I was about to throw my bag full of marbles that would distract the man and any chasers, I suddenly felt pain in the back of my head followed by the scream of the women.

Before I knew it my vision blackens.

***

Wow, what kind of a situation I got myself into?

"You're finally awake, for the greatest Con-Artist, you sleep like a log." Hearing the familiar voice, I shifted my eyes on the source and saw my 'target' walking towards me with his hands in his pocket.

"What can I say? Sleeping is my favourite pastime. I remember when I slept on a sidewalk and even after being stepped on by a grandma and got bitten by a rat, I was still asl-."

"Blah blah blah, so much nonsense coming from a man who's about to die. Out of all the rich guys in the streets earlier, you really chose to scam the son of an Underworld Kingpin." The man shook his head while at the same time, ten burly men in black suits walked out of the dark, holding several machine guns.

Oh fuck, did I mess with someone I shouldn't?

Will the Legend of the world's Great Pretender end here?

"You seem to be deep in thought. Was your life flashing before your eyes?" The man chuckled as he mocked me.

"I'm not sure but one thing for certain, I remember your mom who flashed her tits in front of my eyes. They were a delicacy for sure." I chuckled as the man's smile was wiped off from his face.

Well, looks like I just cemented by doom.

I wonder where my dead body will end up?

Deep in the ocean or buried somewhere in the deepest, darkest corner of the world.

"And here I was thinking of sparing you because of your skills but since you dare to mock my sweet mother, you'll definitely meet death, and I'm sure you wouldn't be able to scam yourself out of death." With those words coming out of the man's mouth, he pointed his gun at me before pulling the trigger.

Now that I remember, did I lock the door of my hous-?

*Bam!*

***

What a great way to die. At least I didn't die in a hospital bed surrounded by my loved ones even though I don't have any.

I mean, it's cool to end my legacy by almost scamming the son of a Criminal Underworld Kingpin.

If I was still alive, I'd definitely add it to my Hall of Achievements.

Too bad, I can't do it now.

[You wouldn't unless you were given a second chance.]

"Yeah, you're right...Did someone just talk to me?"

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

[Power Stones! Let's dominate the rankings!!]

[Also, please join my discord and make it livelier and active!]

.

.

.

[Next Chapter: Ch. 2 - The Great Pretender's 2nd chance]

11