Ch. 6 – The Great Pretender’s Wakanda Homeland
350 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up from his small but comfortable bed, Mr. Ping yawned and stretched his body out before walking out of the door to take a small bath in the cramped alley.

However, before Mr. Ping could even hold the door knob, he suddenly heard a continuous noise outside as if something just fell down from the stairs.

*Thud!* x10!

"What?" Suddenly being snapped from the groggy feeling of having just woken up, Mr. Ping quickly rushed out of his room just to see Leo, his newly employed waiter of his noodle shop, groaning and holding his head while laying on the first floor of the stairs.

"Leo? Leo! What happened?" Mr. Ping used his tiny feet to rush towards Leo as quickly as he could before trying to help him get up.

"Urrgghhh....Wakanda.....urrrggh!" Between his groans of pain, Mr. Ping heard a word coming from Leo's mouth.

"Wakanda? What's that? Nevermind that, here let me help you." Mr. Ping confusedly muttered to himself before shaking his head, putting the word on the back of his mind.

"Urgh....I think I'm fine now, I just fell from the stairs....I'm sorry, Mr. Ping." Slowly standing up from the floor with the help of the goose, Leo apologized.

"It's fine, Leo. I think you should take a day off today, I can handle myself in the shop." Mr. Ping expressed his worries.

"No! You don't have to do that, Mr. Ping. I can handle myself just fine, maybe just a few minutes of rest will bring me back to normal. Thank you for your concern, Mr. Ping." Leo politely bowed his head and thanked the adoptive father of the future Dragon Warrior.

"Oh you~ Of course I would be worried about you. You're part of the Noodle Family now. Anyways, when you were still on the ground earlier, you muttered the word 'Wakanda' what do you think it is?"

"Wakanda? Really? Why does it sound like....home." Mr. Ping then saw a distant but sad look on Leo's eyes as he mentioned the word.

"Maybe....it is your homeland? The fall from the stairs must've shaken your brain up and caused you to remember the name of where you came from, aren't you happy?"

'Why does it seem like you're happier than me?' Leo's face mentally twitched as he saw the huge smile on Mr. Ping's face as if he was the one who had amnesia and remembered the name of his hometown.

"Maybe....anyways, thanks for the help, Mr. Ping. I should probably get some rest and let the pain fade away."

"Yes, you definitely should. I'll just go first and take a short bath." Mr. Ping then headed straight towards the backdoor, where the cramped alley resides.

Watching the back of the goose, Mr. Ping failed to see the victory smile plastered on Leo's face.

'Success!'

***

Rushing back to Po's room, where the aforementioned individual is still asleep, Leo quickly sat on the ground and opened his system.

[Main Quest - Completed! Giving the rewards.]

[Congratulations! You have received 0.5% of Black Panther Template and 5 Gacha tickets!]

'Oh yes!' Closing his eyes, Leo was expecting another feeling of empowerment only to be met with nothing.

'Huh? Nothing? I guess the percentage was too small for me to feel it.' Leo's previously excited expression takes a huge turn into disappointment.

'Thankfully, there's another reward. Now, I have 6 Gacha tickets.' Rubbing his hands together, Leo mentally opened the Gacha function, showing another screen to Leo.

This time, instead of the usual transparent screen, the new popped up screen was colorful, like a rainbow, almost blinding Leo.

'Fuck! How do I lower down the brightness, Genesis?' Leo mentally said, and thankfully the system responded.

[Lowering down the brightness.]

'Wait you can do that? Nevermind, thank you!' Leo sighed in relief before opening his eyes again, seeing the still bright but not so bright screen of the Gacha function.

"Just its brightness alone almost killed me, I can't imagine if I draw one." Leo's fade twitched and exaggerated.

It's not like drawing on Gacha could truly kill him, right?

[Currently, you have 6 Gacha tickets. Let me introduce you to Gacha further.]

[First things first, you can draw almost anything in the entire multiverse depending on your luck. We have 5 grades for each item or template you draw.

Common - Grey

Uncommon - Blue 

Rare - Purple

Legendary - Gold

Unique - Black]

[I know you're curious about the unique grade, so I'll beat you up to it and explain it before you can ask.]

[Unique Grade are items that are unique only to you and only you. It cannot be stolen nor replicated. As the name says, it is unique only to you.]

[Hence, you won't be getting any templates out of it but instead, you'll get skills and abilities or items that are one and only.]

[However, just because it is unique doesn't mean everything you get from it is very strong. You could draw a simple coin with your face on it, it's already considered as unique only to you, hence don't get your hopes up if you draw a Unique one.]

Hearing Genesis's explanation, Leo kept nodding his head.

'Looks like I can only hope for a legendary draw. Unique is 50-50 for me.' Although disappointed, that doesn't discourage him one bit, it's already good enough that he could get free things or templates with Gacha tickets. He should be grateful for that.

[You don't know how much those words mean to me. It's very rare for people like you to actually be grateful for what they have or given.]

'I guess that just means I'm Unique, right? You get the pun?' Leo chuckled and laughed at his own joke.

[....]

Hearing no response from Genesis, Leo's previous laughing face turned monotone.

'Anyways, I want to try and draw one first.' Leo said, having the idea of sparing the Gacha tickets just for emergencies. For example, he's in a tight situation and nothing can save him, he can only rely on the miracle of Gacha to save his ass.

[Confirm draw on Gacha?]

'Yes please.' Leo rubbed his hands together and prayed to whoever God there is in the world.

[Rolling....]

Leo then watched as a new screen popped up, but this time, the light on the screen shone on Blue light.]

'Only Uncommon?' Leo deflated and sighed in disappointment.

'Well, no use crying over it. Might as well be thankful for it.'

[Congratulations, you have acquired a Pen with Indistinguishable Ink!]

"....Doesn't look.....bad?" Leo said with uncertainty in his voice.

Well at least he won't have to use feathers with ink, right? If Leo's memories serve him right, there are no pens in this universe, only a feather dipping with ink.

'Well at least it is useful somehow, imagine if I got a can of Pepsi. Coke would've been better than that.'

Leo then 'minimized' the screens and mentally pressed on the Inventory function.

Inside the inventory, Leo saw the item that he won.

Thankfully, willing it to come out to his palm was easy enough and now, Leo is holding what seems like a majestic looking pen that resembles a Fountain Pen.

'And it looks fine as hell. I'll give it a 10/10.' Leo smiled.

After a few minutes of testing it, Leo left the room with a huge smile on his face, like a satisfied customer in a restaurant.

'I'll do my shift for the morning and take a look at the Quest tab. Surely, there are other more simple quests.'

***

This time, Leo's shift took longer than expected as Po woke up very late and fell down the stairs once again.

Fortunately, Leo still have some time to do what he's supposed to do.

Entering the cramped alley in the back to have some time alone, Leo opened his system.

[Quest Tab:

• Quest Title: Make Wakanda Great Again!

Main Quest: - Introduce Wakanda as your background and homeland. (Finished)

Bonus Quest: - Make Wakanda a real tribe / Country.

• Rewards:

Main Reward: 0.5% of Black Panther Template, 5 Gacha Tickets (Obtained)

Bonus Reward: 10% of Black Panther Template, 10 Gacha Tickets.]

[• Quest Title: Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting~ Hah!

Main Quest: Learn Kung-Fu from Master Shifu himself!

Secret Quest: ???

• Rewards: 

Main Reward: 0.5% of Black Panther Template

Secret Reward: 5% of Black Panther Template, 5 Gacha Tickets.]

[• Quest Title: The Furious Six!

Main Quest: Become part of the Furious Five.

Secret Quest: ???

• Rewards:

Main Reward: 1% of Black Panther Template, 5 Gacha tickets]

Secret Reward: A Unique Gacha Skill]

[Sub-Quests]

Seeing the quests, Leo was overjoyed, much more when he read the rewards.

'The quests themselves are not that hard as long as I put my mind into it, though I'm more curious on the secret quests. The secret rewards are very juicy, so either the secret Quests are hard to finish or it's just so mysterious and hard to decipher what the secret Quest is about hence why the juicy reward.' Leo silently muttered to himself and thankfully, a certain someone answered his curiosity.

[The answer is both, Leo. It is not only hard to complete but also hard to decipher what the secret Quest is all about.]

'I see. I don't know when the canon in this world will start so I might as well start working on finishing at least one quest.' Leo said to himself before his eyes fell on the Sub-Quests.

Opening it, Leo was met with several more quests but this time, the sub-quests were very easy.

'It seems like I've completed some of them.' Leo said.

[• Sub-Quest

- Sub-Quest #1: Work for a day. (Completed)

Reward: 0.001% of Black Panther Template. (Claim)]

- Sub-Quest #2: Meet up with Po, the world's destined Panda. (Completed)

Reward: 0.001% of Black Panther Template.(Claim)]

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

.

.

.

[Next Chapter: Ch. 7 - The Great Pretender's Job to finish Sub-Quests]

3