Ch. 11 – The Great Pretender’s Lucky Draw!
262 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Well that was something.' Leo said to himself as he watched the Furious Five leave the noodle shop grounds.

He was expecting something grand to happen today like fighting with them or something. Well, it's not like he wanted a fight. He was actually glad everything turned out to be okay. 

Although the Furious Five didn't pay for their meal and Leo didn't bother asking them about it, he's afraid he might not only get punched by the Furious Five but the customers are huge fans of them and if he asks for their payment, who knows what would happen to him.

Leo asked for a small break from Mr. Ping, who was glad to give it to him before entering the bathroom.

He had just finished the Sub-Quest and he now has 10 Gacha tickets.

'Hopefully, there's a guaranteed Legendary or Unique item for 10 draws.' Leo said to himself, remembering most gacha games that he played.

Staring at the familiar screen of the Gacha, Leo didn't bother to pray for any God as he directly consumed his 5 gacha tickets without hesitation.

He believes in his luck.

[Congratulations! You have received the following....

• Uncommon - Dog Collar of a certain retired assassin.

• Common - Bone keychain.

• Rare - A very sharp black dagger made from a Black Panther's fang.

• Common - Sharingan Contact lens.

• Rare - One time use of Panther Habit for 10 minutes.]

Seeing two rare rolls that he got, Leo almost passed out from happiness. He never expected to get a rare roll, much less two of them!

'Looks like Lady Luck is shining on me today.' Leo rubbed both of his hands against each other.

Just as Leo was about to excitedly go out and use his sudden increase of energy due to excitement to resume working, he saw himself in a mirror.

'Now that I think about it. Ever since I entered this world, I kind of ignored what I looked like but I'm glad it's my old face or my original face considering how many surgeries I went to just to escape police pursuits.' Leo whispered to himself with a sigh of relief while touching his face.

'If I didn't reincarnate, I would've long forgotten my original face.' Leo continued. As for his looks?

He's not handsome that's for sure.

He has the most common colour of hair which is black combined with brown eyes.

He's not like some protagonists who have white hair and shining blue eyes as if they're the incarnation of Gojo Satoru.

It can be said that he's average looking.

As for his build? He checked and can see that it'll improve as he increases the percentage of Black Panther Template.

'Hopefully, I can at least have a bit of my template's handsomeness. I think Chadwick Boseman is handsome enough.' Leo silently prayed in his heart before walking out of the bathroom.

***

As Leo went back to work with more vigor than ever, he failed to sense the five pairs of eyes hiding somewhere in a distance that were staring at him.

"Why are we stalking this waiter again? Sure he looks weird as he's like the combination of a Monkey and a pig. Two arms, two legs but no fur." Viper spoke hesitantly.

"I smell something weird from him. A smell that I've never smelled before in my life." Tigress spoke while squinting her eyes.

"Maybe because it's been a while since you left the Jade Palace. Come on, Tigress. Many things can change in such a long time. Give it a rest." Viper replied coolly.

"What kind of animal is he again?" Monkey asked, feeling a sense of familiarity upon seeing the waiter called Leo.

"I don't know. Maybe we should ask Master Shifu, he might know something." Mantis replied to his best friend's confusion.

"I don't care what you guys think about him, but let me just remind you that once the sun has gone down, Master Shifu will discover that we went down to the Valley without his permission." Just as Crane finished his words, an unknown but familiar voice was heard by them.

"What will I discover?"

"Ahhh!" The Furious Five, feared throughout the entire nation of china, all screamed in unison under the confused gaze of their teacher, Master Shifu.

"What's with you all screaming like little girls? Did I train you to turn like that?"

"B-But we couldn't even hear you!" Monkey complained, breathing heavily while touching his chest heaving up and down.

"Monkey, there's a reason why I'm your master." Master Shifu monotonously replied to Monkey's complaint, speaking nothing but facts.

"Oh." Monkey embarrassingly scratched the back of his head.

"So? What's with all these fuss and the five of your leaving the Jade Palace premises without my permission? I don't believe you just came here to eat in this noodle shop?" Master Shifu asked in skepticism.

"We're here to uhh...."

"We're here to taste the famous noodles from this noodle shop. We kept hearing from the duck guards that this noodle shop is the best in town." Just as Monkey and Mantis were thinking of a good lie to their teacher, Tigress beat them to it and spoke.

However, the contents of her words shocked them. 

Knowing Tigress, they were already expecting her to tell Master Shifu the truth and have their training quadruple.

But instead of telling the truth, Tigress who is known to always tell Master Shifu the truth, lied for the first time!

"Oh really? I think I've also heard of it. It is owned by a goose, right?" Master Shifu asked with his eyes closed, seemingly thinking about something. Something that made the Furious Five slightly nervous.

They were afraid that Master Shifu had caught the lie. After all, Monkey and Mantis, who always lie whenever they can, have been caught many times lying by Master Shifu 

The same goes to Crane bad Viper, sure they rarely lie and the moment they first lied and got caught, they never dared to lie again, after bearing the consequences of lying to Master Shifu.

"Yes, Master." They all answered in unison, at the same time, all of them including Tigress were hoping inside their minds that Master Shifu stays oblivious to their lies.

Unfortunately for them, it seems like God has other plans for the five of them.

"Oh really? I really hope it's not because of that waiter over there." Master Shifu suddenly dropped the bomb on their heads with an evil smirk on his face.

"What!? You knew?"

"I knew? Of course I knew, I heard Viper talk about it earlier. I've been following your tails for the last fifteen minutes." This time, there was no more smirk on Master Shifu's face, his eyes squinted at them, but to the Furious Five, the red panda looked like he was glaring at them.

The Furious Five all looked down on the ground with downcast expressions, they knew their training would multiply tenfold starting from now on.

Not only did they scream like little girls earlier and escaped the Jade Palace without permission, but they also failed to notice that Master Shifu had been following them for 15 minutes straight and neither of them noticed his presence.

All three of these are good enough reasons for Master Shifu to punish them severely.

'All of these are because of that Black Panther!' All of them silently cursed the Black Panther inside their hearts.

However, out of the five of them, only Tigress was suspicious of the waiter that works in the noodle shop.

***

"Hachoo!" Leo, who was simply cleaning the table with a wet towel suddenly felt his nose itchy and sneezed.

"Weird, am I getting sick? I guess 10% of Black Panther's template is not yet enough to give me a stronger immune system." Leo pouted and whispered to himself.

Thankfully, Po is still passed out and the customers are too busy eating their favourite noodles, so they failed to hear his whisper.

Po then woke up a few minutes earlier and after hearing that he passed out and the Furious Five had all left, not only was the poor panda devastated, but he also failed to do his work properly, so Leo was left with no choice but to work all by himself throughout the entire day.

'It's not like I lost something. In fact, working for an entire day all by myself is also a Sub-Quest.' Leo said to himself after hearing the news from Mr. Ping himself.

***

Minutes passed and the sun started to sit down, Leo was cleaning the table where the last customer left when he suddenly heard a footstep behind him.

"You are?!" Leo's eyes widened in surprise upon seeing a familiar small figure in front of him.

"Good evening. I apologize if I'm a bit late but, I would like to order a noodle." Master Shifu suddenly said, not only surprising him but also Mr. Ping who heard him even by washing the dishes.

"I...." Leo was stunned, not knowing what to answer and how to answer.

Thankfully, his boss was there to save the day.

"Please take a seat! My son is a huge fan of yours. I'll prepare your noodles shortly." Mr. Ping smiled like a kind old man or geese, before entering the kitchen and wore his apron once again.

"I'll....go back and help Mr. Ping in preparing your noodles." Not wanting to stay alone with the old Master, Leo found a reason to leave.

"Please stay, young man." Suddenly, just as Leo was about to turn around and leave, Master Shifu called out to him.

"Yes?" Leo turned back around again and stared at Master Shifu's eyes, trying to see why Master Shifu asked him to stay.

"I would like to apologize for any disturbance my students have caused you this morning. I heard everything from them. How you have to chase and catch a rodent by yourself just for Viper and the commotion they caused by their presence, not to mention, they also didn't pay for their meal. If there's anything I could do to apologize, please don't be shy to say it."

Upon hearing Master Shifu's words. He immediately got nervous and excited, especially after Master Shifu told him that he could ask him for something to apologize on his student's behalf.

Unknown to Leo, while he was busy in his thoughts, he failed to see the strange gleam flashing on Master Shifu's eyes.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

[Before you complain about Master Shifu's out of place personality, I suggest you wait for the next chapter for the explanation.]

.

.

.

[Next Chapter: Ch. 12 - The Great Pretender is now under the radar]

5