Ch. 17 – The Great Pretender’s training arc!
241 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the training grounds, Leo and Monkey can be seen walking side by side.

"Hey, just a question. You used to work for that noodle shop, right?" Monkey asked out of the blue.

"Yeah?" Leo said confusedly, not knowing why Monkey would ask him this all of the sudden.

"Right. Then does that mean you can cook those delicious noodles?" Monkey looked around in cautiousness before whispering, acting as if he was doing something illegal.

"Yes? Where are you heading with this? Just get to the point."

"Right, sorry. You see, we kind of need a cook. Like literally, none of us can cook properly and you might not know this but...." Once again, Monkey looked around in cautiousness but this time, it was shorter before continuing with the same whispering volume.

"Tigress is a really bad cook. We have this schedule that decides when and who is gonna cook for the whole day and today is Tigress's turn, please don't make me eat her food again. I don't even want to call it food." Looking at Monkey's face who looks like he's been through the Vietnam war, don't know whether to laugh or sympathize.

'I didn't know Tigress is a bad cook.' Leo said to himself with a realization look on his face.

After a few seconds, Leo suddenly remained silent, which made Monkey slightly nervous, which made him think that Leo would refuse.

"....Sure. I don't mind. In fact, I'd like to cook for you guys." Much to Monkey's relief, Leo answered soon after and with a hint of excitement in his voice.

"O-okay, that sounds nice." Monkey stuttered for a bit while answering, not knowing why Leo became excited all of the sudden, in the end he juet brushed it up as Leo was honored to cook for the Furious Five. They're quite famous after all, so it's pretty much normal.

Unknown to Monkey, Leo's excitement was far from his assumption. Instead, his excitement came from the transparent screen in front of Leo that is not visible to Monkey's sight.

[ • Sub-Quest:

- Sub-Quest #15: Become the cook of the Furious Five

Reward: 0.001% of Black Panther Template everyday you cook for them.]

'Interacting with Major Characters are truly a den of bountiful rewards!' Leo's eyes were brimming with excitement, especially after seeing the reward.

Sure it might look small but seeing that it can reward him almost every single day as long as he cooks for the Furious Five, it's like having a passive income of template percentage.

'Now that I think about it. I forgot to claim the Quest Cleaner to Master reward this morning.' Leo suddenly realized but just when he was about to open the Quest interface to claim it, he was suddenly interrupted by Monkey.

"We're finally here."

Looking up, he saw the rest of the Furious Five along with Master Shifu, standing in the middle of the training grounds.

"You have finally arrived. Took you long enough. Let's start with our morning routine." Master Shifu then turned around and started walking towards the long stairs.

"Where are we going?" Seeing that the Furious Five started following Master Shifu's tail, he also followed suit and asked Monkey who was beside him.

"Oh this? It's just a morning jog before starting the actual training." Monkey causally answered, easing the nervousness in Leo's heart.

'And here I thought we'd start by punching boulders or trees and stuff.' Leo silently sighed in relief.

***

'Fuck! I'd rather punch trees and boulders than this shit!' Leo cursed loudly but inside his mind.

As for why?

After walking down the stairs, Master Shifu started throwing one large boulder each for them before instructing them to carry their boulders back to the training grounds.

Normally, that would not be a problem for Leo but Master Shifu said that the last place would carry another boulder the next day.

So now, Leo is fighting for his life while running up the stairs with a huge boulder on his back.

Thankfully he's in the fifth place, as for who's the last place?

It was the unfortunate Viper. With her small stature, she can only stretch her entire body to wrap herself around the boulder before climbing the stairs.

This however, decreased her speed by like 90%.

Leo can't blame her for being born as a snake though he's thankful that she's in the last place as he now won't have to suffer tomorrow by having another boulder tomorrow.

'Don't worry Viper, tomorrow I'll catch you a few rodents to cheer you up!' Leo secretly made a promise in his heart. He felt bad for Viper being in the last place.

***

After they arrived at the training grounds, it can be seen that only Leo was breathing heavily and almost passed out on the ground, while the Furious Five were just sweating slightly but it doesn't look like they're out of their breaths.

"Viper. You'll be carrying two boulders tomorrow." Master Shifu strictly said and before Viper could respond, Master Shifu continued.

"Alright students. It's time for the training. Let's go to the Training Hall." As soon as Master Shifu said this, everyone quickly looked at Leo, confusing him slightly.

"Is there something on my face?"

"Master, how about him?" Tigress asked while pointing her finger towards Leo.

"He's going to start with the basics." Master Shifu answered before walking and being followed by his students once again.

***

As soon as they arrived at the Training Hall, Leo finally remembered this familiar place.

'It's where Po got his ass kicked by a wooden dummy.' Leo held his laugh while remembering that funny scene.

Once they arrived, the Furious Five didn't wait any more and occupied their own spaces, Tigress is training in the huge bowl, Monkey is training along with Viper like a duo, Mantis is practicing his moves and Crane is flying around while dodging several arrows with burning tips.

Seeing all of these made Leo envious. Obviously he also wanted to do those moves too. Everyone loves Kung Fu because it looks awesome but the process behind it is far from awesome.

The pain, hard work and the blood shed by the individual is what led them to being 'awesome' in the eyes of those who don't know how to fight, especially the children.

And now, Leo who used to be part of those who don't know how to fight will now go through the hard and painful process to become a successful Kung Fu Master.

Is he afraid?

Slightly yes, but he's determined.

He might not have any reason to become determined like those who have dreams and goals that pushes them to endure the process but Leo could confidently say that he's determined because he wants his future better than his past life.

"Come with me, Leo." Breaking him off from his thoughts, Leo quickly followed where Master Shifu was walking.

And just as Master Shifu said earlier, he really did start with the basics, which is the wooden dummy that is now in front of Leo.

Beside it was Master Shifu who was looking and scrutinizing Leo, as if he's saying 'Defeat this dummy before you proceed with the next level.'

And so, Leo now stood in front of the dummy with a weird expression.

'Why does it kinda look like a bear? Is there a reason behind it?' Leo asked this to himself before shaking his head, putting the thought behind the back of his mind.

Whatever the reason, it's not his business.

'Okay, let's just test it out for now.' Leo then used 50% of his strength and launched a straight punch towards the Dummy.

*Dong!*

Much to Leo's surprise, the dummy failed to touch the ground behind it, instead it came rising back towards Leo, who quickly blocked it by crossing his arms.

*Bang!*

'Damn! Why does it hurt more than my punch? Isn't it supposed to reflect my attack back to me?' While Leo was complaining in his mind, on the surface he was bearing no emotion, as if the pain on his arms didn't register to him.

It would be embarrassing if he showed a painful expression just by the wooden dummy.

For your information, this wooden dummy is just the basics.

"Again!" Master Shifu instructed with a stern voice, expressing his dissatisfaction in Leo's strike just now.

Leo nodded his head and punched the wooden dummy once again but this time, with full force and he was prepared for the counter strike.

As he expected, the dummy fell back but its head was just a few inches away from the ground before it came rising back again but faster than the previous one.

Thankfully, Leo was ready and dodged the wooden dummy, only to get a smack on his back.

"How pathetic! You're dodging an inanimate object!" It turns out, it was Master Shifu who smacked him just now.

"What am I supposed to do?" Leo asked with confusion.

"You are supposed to block it! No matter how painful or strong it is! It is part of the training. You will never pass on the next level unless you make the head of this dummy touch the ground and block its counter successfully. Now, again!"

Hearing Master Shifu's words, Leo pondered how to make the dummy's head touch the ground.

Obviously, he just used 100% of his strength in that punch earlier but it didn't touched the ground.

What does that mean?

He can't just use his strength.

He must use a technique!

'A boxing technique! I remember watching Hajime no Ippo and learning how to use the entire body strength to deliver a very strong punch!'

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

.

.

.

[Next Chapter: Ch. 18 - The Great Pretender's training arc! (2)]

4