Prologue
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Droplets of water are dripping, slowly, yet harshly.

The word "harshly" is used because this was the thought of a young man, caged in a dark place, where sunlight is a stranger in this place.

He got woke up by the sound of the droplet, as well as the cold sensation of it hitting his skeleton-like back.

Both his arms were chained by rusted iron to the concrete brick wall, so he has no choice but to let the cold droplets torture his back.

No men know how long had he been caged here, as literally he is the only living being in this wretched place, and even he has lost track of time.

A moment later, his stomach makes an unnatural growling sound, the sound of immense hunger and longed for any consumable things.

"This is why I hate waking up, goddamn it."

That's right, he spent most of the time asleep, as to forget the frostbitten air sinking into his skin, the

disgusting maggots and insect munching his leg and the irresistible feeling of hunger.

"Now that I woke up, what should I do? How about talking?"

Despite everything, he seems to pay no heed to what happened to his body and starts to look around, as to find someone else to talk to.

"How about you, my leg? You would make a find conversation partner, so how's your day? I see you are making friends with the little cockroach there, you are feeding them well I see, good, good....."

He starts talking to his leg as if his leg is some entirely different entity, the content of the conversation was bizarre, as it is coming from a madman.

"Hahaha...this is stupid."

But in the end, he decided to stop talking and close his eyes once more, as to force himself back to sleep, back to his dream world, where the sensation of pain and cold are irrelevant, where old memories of sweet, happiness and betrayed lies within.

And to regret that one and only life-changing choice he had made...

0