Is This Love?
2 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"By the way, what did you said just now, about forgetting you?"

Xiao remembers Lily was saying about forgetting her before she revealed her face, which got him curious about what she meant.

"OH! THAT! You know, I mean...., umm...that's right, the misunderstanding, yes, the misunderstanding that you had on me, I want you to forget about your misunderstand towards me, yes! Ha!Ha!Ha!"

Lily was once again, shuttering her words when she explained, her eyes look elsewhere and by the end of her explanation, she lets out a burst of awkward laughter, for no apparent reason.

"Well, if you say so."

(God, she's terrible at making lies, did I made the right choice of becoming her friend?)

"By...by the way, Xiao, where are you from?"

Lily changed the topic, as to avoid Xiao for asking more about her.

Lily's question made Xiao ponder for a while before making his reply, as he was not sure whether or not to disclose his identity to a person he had just meet and befriend in this world.

(Should I tell her who I am? The candidate for the light hero? But Lars hide my true identity from the guardsmen, what's his reason for doing so? Damn that bastard, he never explains anything to me, let's just go with Lars story for now, what was it again, the Kingdom of Dong right?)

"I'm from the Kingdom of Dong, a traveller, the heroes assemble ceremony is happening soon and I don't want to miss it, so here I am now."

Xiao replied with confident and a straight face, normally anyone would've believed in him with such a confident answer.

"Hmm? But the language you are speaking right now, it's not Karan language."

(Shit!)

Xiao lost his composure a bit upon Lily's answer, he has forgotten that Lily knows the language he is speaking.

"Oh....oh yeah! How strange for you to understand my language, where did you learn this language?"

Xiao quickly change the subject to avoid Lily for learning his true identity, or else it will be too much trouble to explain everything from the start, which he think, will probably end up as a misunderstanding situation.

It seems as Lily was not bothered by the sudden change of the subject and goes with the flow by replying Xiao's question.

"Let's just say I got a few magic tricks for any language, I can convert any language that was spoken to me in my mind and reply them back in their language."

"Whoa! That's cool, Lily, with that, you will never need to waste your time learning any new language, such convenient magic!"

Xiao was surprised and excited by Lily's answer as he never thought magic can be used in this way, while Lily was blushing from the praise by Xiao.

"I think I should learn this magic too since I only know how to speak my language, Hahaha!"

Xiao speaks out his thought while Lily was thinking of something, and moments later, she says:

"If that's the case, I can help you with that."

"Help me?"

Xiao looked at Lily with confused as she makes an open hand palm gesture, next moment, some kind of energy came out from her hand and sparkle in light yellow colour.

"Yes, I will share this magic with you, so you will have no trouble with any foreign language in the future."

"What?! But why?"

"Because we are friends, right?"

Lily answered Xiao with a smile so bright and genuine that it makes Xiao look the other way.

(So bright! So innocent! My heart can't take this anymore!)

"Xiao? Why are you looking away?"

Lily looked at Xiao with a confused expression as Xiao was facing away from her, she made a step closer to see what's going on with Xiao, and Xiao took a steps backwards in react.

"Hahaha! I was just twisting my neck. Ahem...anyway, thank you, Lily, but are you sure it's okay to share your magic with me?

Xiao tried his best to stay in composure, throughout his life, never had him talked to such a beautiful girl for some time, in his past, most of the girls talked to him only because they wanted to get closer to his brother, Kang. So what happen now was a brand new experience for Xiao.

"No problem at all! We are friends now, and friends suppose to help each other. Alright, come closer please, and I will cast the magic on you."

Lily beckon Xiao to get closer to her for her to cast the magic, so Xiao endured his feeling of embarrassment and took one steps forward to her.

"Like this?"

Xiao looked away while asking confirmation on Lily, who's looking straight into his eyes with her beautiful blue sapphire eyes, his heart was beating fast and his cheeks begin to turn red from blushing.

"Closer."

Lily doesn't seem to be embarrassed at all as she was focusing on casting the magic on Xiao.

"Umm....this?"

Xiao man it up and took 3 steps forward in one go, now, he was only 2 steps distance away from Lily.

Without any hesitation, Lily took one more steps forward towards Xiao, and now standing just right in front of him.

"Alright, don't move."

As Lily finished saying, she placed her hand on Xiao's chest, a few secs later, some kind of energy begins to flow into Xiao's body from her palm. Xiao felt warm and fuzzy from the energy as if he was being caressed by someone.

"This will take a while, you should stay still, sorry for that, haha!"

Lily makes a clumsy smile to Xiao while apologizing, and Xiao replies with her with a smile too, though his smile was a bit awkward as he was forcing himself not to feel anymore embarrassment.

"Nah! It's okay, thank you for helping me."

Xiao was putting his best compose face and tried his best to act normally in front of Lily, but what he is currently feeling is:

(OH MY GOD! I'm so nervous! She is so freaking close to me, I can hear her breath, her hair is so silky, and she smells nice.....what the hell am I thinking! Keep it together, Xiao! Just because you are a virgin boy for 17 years, doesn't mean you can have a dirty thought, empty your mind, empty your mind.)

Xiao has never been so physically close to a girl before, not to mention such a beautiful looking like Lily, so as a young man who never been in a relationship with any girl before for 17 years, he is now screaming in happiness internally and grateful that he came to this world to experience this situation, while in the meantime, he was trying his best not to act stupid and feeling embarrassed for he want Lily to think he is a cool guy, a typical thinking of an average high school boy who never been with a girl before.

"Alright, I'm done, it works perfectly. Xiao?"

By the time Lily was done with her magic, Xiao was already being enchanted by the moment he was in, he felt so blessed that Lily need to call him out for a few times to snap him out of sense.

"Yes! Hahaha! Done and done, Hahaha!"

Realize the magic was long finished casting and Lily has been calling him for quite a while, Xiao lets out a burst of loud laughter to covered his awkward state.

"So I can now communicate with anyone in this world, right?"

"That's right, the magic works perfectly, you should have no problem of talking and understanding any language right now."

Xiao repeatedly gripped his hand and inspect his body to see any changes, to his slight disappointment, nothing changes at all.

"Hmm, I don't feel anything different than before."

"Shall we go and try it out?"

Lily suggested Xiao and pointed outside the alley.

"Let's go shopping and buy us some drinks since we only have food for now."

As Lily was talking, she took out the Starberry bun.

"So you mean..."

"Yes, this time, you will be the one that will buy the drinks for both of us."

Xiao agree to Lily's suggestion and they were about to walk out from the alley, Lily wear her hoody again and covered most of her head and face, which confused Xiao and Lily notice it.

"Oh, this? To avoid...troubles."

Lily vaguely explained to Xiao, like she was hiding something from it.

"I see, it's okay, I'm fine with that."

Xiao was not bothered by Lily's action and didn't investigate further as he think Lily has her reason for hiding her true identity from others.

"Here."

Without a warning, Lily hands out one of her hand to Xiao, and Xiao just looked at her hand in confuse.

"Come on, Let's go!"

Lily was smiling happily while expecting Xiao to react on something, it took Xiao a while to figure out that she was waiting for Xiao to hold her hand, which shocked Xiao and causes him to blush intensely.

"Xiao? Am I being too troublesome to you? so...sorry. I thought this is what friends do."

Lily noticed Xiao was looking at her hand with a shocking expression, which made her worried that she is troubling Xiao as her expression changed to anxious and she was about to shrink her hand.

(Get it together man! She thinks friends suppose to hold hands, so hold her hand already for God sake! We are just friends, and it's normal for friends to hold hands!)

"Hahaha! I'm sorry, I'm just daydreaming. No, no, you are not troubling anything!"

Thinking that refusing her hand would be rude, Xiao swallow his feeling of embarrassment and hold Lily's hand, though his cheek was blushing like a red tomato.

"Hahaha! Let's go then!"

Lily's mood changes instantly from worried to extremely happy as she was smiling happily and pulled Xiao's hand while walking out the alley.

"Hey, don't walk too fast!"

The pair walked out from the alley, with Lily walking excitingly while pulling Xiao's hand.

1