Time isn’t holding up
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s too quiet. No bickering, no laughter. It’s somber. Huxley told them to hunker down in Eden’s apartment while the new place was being set up. All the medical night crew and soldiers keep calling the trio, constantly checking to make sure they’re all ok but…no. Lilith is sat on the sofa, drinking his booze. Why didn’t this fucker have anything for cocktails?
“Dedren must hafe knovn. He left just a fev days before all zat vent dovn. “ she chucks her phone on the floor,”he hasn't ansveret my texts or kalls. I'fe messaget eferyone, zey kan't get zrough to him either.” she grumbles, pissed that all Eden had on hand was his shitty bourbon. Goss sits across from her and doesn’t comment. Unusual for him,”he vas right, sie knov. If he hadn't hafe-” Goss puts up a hand. Now’s not the fucking time for her to get all bitchy. She scoffs at him, and starts looking around. How would Eden even return from that? The empire is surrounded by military and police forces, spies, all that fun shit. He signed his death order. She should have fought him more on someone else staying. Tanner’s been missing since they went into the secondary entrance, and he’s not answering his calls either. Goss looks into the carpet,
“A’m-” he cuts himself off, not able to bring himself to say it, but lilith nods, but then points to the other edge, beside Goss. Did they get serious before all this went down?
“Vhy zee fukk's your shtuff here? charger, knikkknakks…”
—---------------

“I want to see him!” Astrid slaps hands away from her. The Queen looks confused, and raises a brow, but says nothing. She was, apparently, just wandering around the area of the raid when someone spotted her. Astrid huffs, and turns; running off to find Eden. How fucking could they? Arrest him, of all people? Where would he be? The Queen sighs, and nods to the General, motioning him to follow her. He immediately begins to, increasing his speed to catch up with her,” Where is he? Show me him, Betchel!” The general pauses, trying to comprehend the absolute disrespect of his name she just showed him, but dismisses it for now. She probably had stockholm syndrome, or something of the sort. She bounds off towards one of the divisions of cells, constantly looking for him. No, not him. No, not him. Grey hair, black ends… The General nearly slams into her as she pauses, pressing on one of the one way mirrors. Good Gods. There he is. Passed out on the floor, covered in blood. Her hand shakes as it retracts back. What…did they do to him? He didn’t…he didn’t deserve this. None of them did. Is he…is he even breathing? She quickly presses it again, hand trembling as she watches for a breath.

Yes. Just barely, but he’s alive. She slowly turns her face to the general, a look of disbelief on her face. She searches for an answer in the glowing X on his “face” but doesn’t find it. A look back at Eden and… she doesn’t want to stay here anymore. She can’t stomach staying in a place that would do this to someone. She retracts her hand once more, before calmly walking back to her mo-. The Queen. Her hands are still trembling, drawn up to her chest as the Queen goes on about some drivel about “unacceptable behavior” and “so glad you’re safe”. She nods along, the spell of a wonderful, carefree life broken not just by what’s happened to Eden, but the truths she was told by the others. The Queen notices how distressed her child is and frowns. She really was attached to this man, even though he presumably kidnapped her. She thinks for a moment, “Astrid.” The princess stares up at her, “Would you want to have him as help? Once he’s out of trial, he could be your…” Pet. Though degrading, that’s what he’d be, basically. Astrid’s face contorts into anger. Really? A pet to keep her happy and contained after what she’s seen?
“Is that what you think of people not in your bloodline? Toys, mother ?” Fuck you, as Eden would say, and fuck everything you’re about. She’s immediately grounded after a long argument, and a lot of anger.
Though her butler and nanny are the same, she’s not. They’re kind and sweet, however she can’t make herself ask for anything. She doesn’t do her schoolwork she’s behind in, doesn’t talk except the minimum needed. She just sees the flashes of how Eden was. Cold and alone…punished for, what exactly? Nothing. Rummaging through her bag, she pulls…the recorder. Oops. She didn’t mean to keep this, just grabbed it to give to him later. Well, it wouldn’t hurt to listen to him talk about stuff, what else was she going to do? Watch paint dry?

0