Tests and shadows
632 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In front of the large H-shaped building stood a girl who appeared to be about fifteen, and indeed she was. People walked past her as if she didn't exist; this girl managed something that few people can do—completely blend in with her surroundings.

And she didn't even look around at her environment; she was engrossed in her phone, playing a game, but not just any game—it was the best game currently available only on mobile.

Her name was Anemo Nemo. She had bluish hair that reached her neck, and her hair also covered one of her two pink eyes. She was quite petite, standing at a height of 152 cm (5 ft). She also had sharp teeth like a shark.

(If you want to know just write her name and she will pop off)

A discontented expression adorned her face as she was losing in her game. She clicked her tongue and hid her phone.

"*Tsk* Stupid game, I've been waiting here for fifteen minutes. Where is that idiot anyway?"

Nemo began to grow impatient, waiting for her only friend for fifteen minutes already, and the entrance exams were starting in a minute, and she was nowhere to be found.

"Idiot, if she doesn't come in a few seconds, I'm leaving."

After a few seconds, she heard someone starting to shout; it was her friend. She had two antennae, pink hair, and pink skin. Her name was Mina Ashido, her eyes had black sclera and yellow irises.

She quickly ran towards Nemo, waving her hand.

Nemo looked at her indifferently.

Mina: "Anemo Chan, here I am, I came on time. So, how soon does it start?"

Nemo put her hand on her head and began to massage her nose with her fingers. She had nothing to say about this; her friend, or "idiot" as Nemo addressed her, had overslept, and what's even more exhausting is that she doesn't even know when it starts.

If Nemo hadn't called her, she wouldn't have made it to the exams at all.

Nemo: "I don't have time for this."

Nemo turned and began to walk towards the exam room. Mina quickly reacted and ran after her.

Mina: "Anemo Chan, why are you acting like this? You don't even greet me?"

Nemo threw her indifferent gaze at her.

Nemo: "I have nothing to say to idiots who forget that today is the exam day."

And so the two girls entered the room. They were among the last ones to arrive. Everyone looked in their direction, or rather towards Ashido, who attracted all the attention as always. Nemo just stood behind her as if she didn't exist, but she was there, and that was important. A teacher stood at the counter, starting to shout energetically.

Teacher: "SO, THAT'S EVERYONE. YOU TWO, SIT IN THE AVAILABLE SEATS, WE BEGINNNNN."

"My name is President Mic, welcome to my show, everyone say 'hey.'"

"..."

President Mic: "What a boring response."

Nemo just looked at him like an idiot, and that's exactly what she thought of him. Next to her, Mina started whispering to her.

Mina: "Hey Nemo chan, isn't he a bit too loud?"

Nemo looked at her with her usual indifferent gaze.

Nemo: "I think you both should shake hands, you're both equally annoying."

Mina: "Hey!"

President Mic started talking again.

P. Mic: "So now I'll quickly tell you all the rules. Are you ready? YEAHHHH."

Nemo started to hear something annoying, it was in front of her. It was a boy with green hair. Since P. Mic started speaking, he began mumbling to himself. But mumbling to yourself is supposed to be quiet. Everyone around him looked quite annoyed by it.

The only boy sitting next to him wasn't annoyed. Because he looked angry, but it seemed like he always wore that expression.

"..."

So P. Mic started explaining the practical part of the test.

(I skipped the writing test. It's quite pointless to write about it)

P. Mic: "So, everyone will be divided into blocks from A to G. In the city, there will be three types of villains, and if you defeat one, you will receive corresponding points with the number of robots from P1 to P3."

Suddenly someone raised their hand. P. Mic called on him, and the boy stood up.

Boy with glasses: "Sir, it says on the paper that there are four types of villains. I didn't expect such a mistake from a prestigious school like this."

Then he turned towards Nemo, but he wasn't looking at her. He was looking at the boy.

Boy with glasses: "And you, stop mumbling, it annoys everyone, if you're here on a field trip, then leave."

Nemo just thought to herself.

Nemo: 'Thank you.'

P. Mic tried to calm everything down, thanked the boy with glasses for the question. And he continued to explain, basically, that villain gave zero points.

After more energetic explanations, he exclaimed the words Plus Ultra. And again, everyone was silent.

Mina: "Hey Anemo chan, which block are you hoping for, with me?"

Nemo: "Idiot, that's exactly why we're divided into blocks, so that others don't help each other."

Mina just nodded, she didn't mind anymore being called an idiot, she got used to it. After all, she had been with Anemo since childhood.

...

Anemo sat on the bus, where other children who wanted to become heroes also sat; they were headed to block B. No one sat next to her, no one paid attention to her. The bus reached its destination.

(Anemo Nemo's POV)

'Ah, I can't wait for this to end.'

I just started looking at the competition, the boy with glasses was the most prominent in that block. I also saw the annoying boy with green hair chatting with the boy with glasses.

Nobody ever talked to me.

'Once I win this, I'll take a little nap.'

I noticed that the gate was open, so I started running into the city. Everyone started looking at me.

I just heard P. Mic yelling at them that there's no countdown in a real fight or something like that, I don't know, because I was quite far away.

I bumped into a robot. I'm not very physically strong; my main strength comes from my Quirk.

The robot was about to hit me, but it struck empty air because I slipped into its shadow and started controlling it. The robot started running towards the center.

'It's best if I get to the city center as quickly as possible. Thanks to being in its shadow, the other robots can't notice me.'

Thanks to the robot's strength, I quickly made it to the center; it was time for me to start chaos.

I started smiling with my toothy grin.

...

(In the control room)

???: "This is amazing; she managed to get into the center of the robots so quickly."

The one who spoke was some kind of animal; it was Nezu, who was just having a cup of tea.

The teachers watched as the robots fought among themselves.

...

(Back to our main heroine)

I've already got quite a few robots, I've lost track of time. Suddenly I heard a loud explosion. I looked up at the sky and saw a huge robot.

"Oh, this must be the zero bot."

I started slowly to go the opposit direction of the robot; was I scared? Definitely. Did I want to save someone? Definitely, but it would be suicide against such a robot. I didn't want to risk it, even though the teachers would probably stop that robot if something serious happened. So I decided to focus on something else.

I was scared, but that didn't mean that when others started running away, I couldn't score more points.

Before I could go into further action, I suddenly heard a huge explosion; I looked in that direction. And I saw that green-haired boy causing it; I just stared at him in amazement.

I clenched my fist.

"What am I trying to do here? Even though that guy is an idiot, he saved someone, and I turned my back to that danger. I don't like this. How could that guy get so much courage and not me? Instead of going there and trying to save someone, I started making excuses and running away like a coward."

The test ended, and I went home. I entered the apartment and opened the door. I just exclaimed.

"I'm home."

But there was nothing, as always. I went to my room, it was a mess everywhere. I lay down on my bed and closed my eyes.

(AN: Just to be completely clear, I removed a character from MHA, that completely black student from the other class who has a Quirk that allows him to hide in shadows or something like that.)

(End of a chapter)

22