Sleepy shadow
275 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Narration POV)

In class 1A, the students chatted among themselves; it was morning, and class was about to start in five minutes. Mina looked around; She coudln't reach Nemo since yesterday after school.

Mina wanted to ask her what Quirk she had. Mina and Nemo had been friends since they were four years old, but Mina hardly knew anything about her because she never asked. But Mina didn't even notice that; she thought she knew almost everything about her, even though the exact opposite was true - she knew nothing about her.

Mina glanced at Kirishima and asked him if he had seen Nemo today.

Mina: "Did you see Nemo-chan today?"

Kirishima seemed scared, she didn't even know why. He started pointing behind her. As Mina turned around, she saw a ghost.

Mina: "Kyaaaaa."

Everyone looked to see what had happened. Nemo was just standing there, her dark circles under her eyes even worse than usual. She was very tired. She looked like she could collapse at any moment.

Mina: "Nemo-chan, what happened?"

Nemo just looked at her tiredly, as if she could fall asleep any moment.

Nemo: "I had to play that new game; I didn't have any other choice."

Mina: "And how long did you even sleep?"

Nemo looked at her strangely.

Nemo: "Sleep? What is sleep?"

Then Nemo heard someone's voice. It was Momo.

Momo: "Nemo-san, this isn't very healthy."

Nemo just gave her a disappointed look.

Nemo: "But it's a new game. I still have to endure it for about four days."

The whole class listened to their conversation; they didn't have anything better to do. Then Kaminari's voice rang out.

Kaminari: "And what game were you playing, Nemo-san?"

Nemo looked at him dangerously; she didn't like it when someone she barely knew addressed her by her first name, of course, unless she allowed it.

Nemo: "For you, it's Anemo-san, you stupid charger. And I was playing Baldur's Gate 6."

Kaminari: "I'm sorry please don't hurt me, wait. WHAT? Baldur's Gate 6? You have that game. Only a few people in Japan have that game."

Mina jumped into the conversation.

Mina: "And how did you even get through press so easily?"

Nemo looked at her.

Nemo: "Press? What press?"

Mina just pointed out the window to the crowd of people outside the school gates.

Nemo: "Ah, those people, they didn't even notice me as I passed by."

Then an authoritarian voice was heard. It was Aizawa.

Aizawa: "Everyone be quiet and go to your seats."

""" Yes, Sensei."""

As everyone was in their seats, Aizawa began to speak.

Aizawa: "I watched how you behaved yesterday. Bakugo, stop acting like a child. And Midoriya, you hurt yourself again; this can't continue like this. Learn to control your Quirk."

Aizawa: "We need to choose a class representative."

Iida suggested a style of voting.

Nemo: 'I definitely won't be chosen, and I don't even want to be.

Nemo got a ballot paper.

Nemo: "Who should I vote for? It's not that hard to choose. I'll either give it to Momo or the Baldy, but Baldy can be too intense sometimes. So, I'll give my vote to Momo.'

...

Momo had three votes, but Midoriya also had the same number of votes.

So, Momo became the class representative, and Midoriya became the vice president.

Nemo: 'Broccoli, this position doesn't suit you. Who even gave him votes?'

Momo came to me and bowed.

Momo: "Thank you for your vote."

I just looked at her wearily.

Nemo: "And how do you even know that I gave you my vote?"

Momo: "It's quite simple; you have zero votes, so you must have given your vote to someone, and you didn't look very excited when Midoriya-san received three votes. So, you must have voted for me."

Nemo didn't want to deal with this. She didn't want to deal with anything today. She was too tired.

Nemo: "Yeah, I voted for you, but it was only from a logical standpoint. I don't even know why you're thanking me."

...

(Before the gates of UA)

???: "I'm pretty tired, that game really drained me, but I have to endure it. I hope that girl will still play with me. The genocide run with her is much more fun than playing alone."

The boy slowly approached the gate, gently touching it, and the UA gate began to collapse. He started to walk away wearily.

...

Nemo decided to have her lunch in the classroom. She took out a pillow from her backpack and fell asleep. While Nemo slept in the classroom, the students were in a panic; someone had entered the school building, but Lida managed to calm them.

As they returned to the classroom, Midoriya was pondering something.

Midoriya: 'Yes, I've decided. I'll give my place to Lida-kun. He's better suited for it than I am.'

...

Everyone was sitting in the classroom when Midoriya announced that he didn't want to be the class president anymore. He gave his position to Lida, who accepted it gladly.

The lesson began, and Aizawa noticed something. One of the students was sleeping in his class. Aizawa reached out and threw chalk at Nemo, who was sleeping.

Nemo: "Ow, what was that?"

Aizawa: "Nemo, you won't sleep in my class."

Nemo: "I'm sorry, teacher."

Aizawa: "For today's heroism lesson, there will be three teachers. We'll take a bus somewhere else for today's lesson, which will be about rescue missions."

(Anemo Nemo's POV)

Suitcases with our costumes emerged from the wall.

Aizawa: "You can take the costumes if you want, but you don't have to. It's up to you."

Everyone started pushing for costumes again. I patiently waited for everyone to leave.

I took a suitcase and went to the women's changing room. I put on a blue costume.

As I approached the bus, there was Baldy waving his arms strangely, and everyone gradually got on the bus. I wanted to find a good spot. And I found one; there was a double seat, and a half of it was occupied by a half half boy. It seemed like he was asleep. Or at least, his eyes were closed. I sat next to him.

I wanted to sleep too, but I heard something. It was that Frog girl. She started talking about how All Might's Quirk resembles that of Broccoli. And then she changed the subject.

Asui: "I wonder what Anemo-san's Quirk is like; we basically know everyone else's Quirks except hers. Momo-chan, could you tell us something about Anemo-san's Quirk?"

Momo looked at me, checking if she could or not.

I just shook my head negatively.

Momo: "I'm sorry, but I promised Nemo-san that I wouldn't tell anyone about her Quirk."

At least I knew I could trust her a bit more. So I decided to sleep. I still have to play the game with that boy tonight.

Nemo: 'I can't wait for the game.'

...

I slowly woke up; we were already at the location. In front of the gates of a massive dome stood some hero. That hero spoke.

Hero: "Hello, everyone, I'm Space Hero:13, and today we'll be doing rescue training. First, let me tell you one, two, three, four, five, no, six things."

Aizawa: "And where is All Might? He was supposed to be here."

13 whispered something to him, and Aizawa just nodded. They must have been talking about All Might.

Nemo: 'This is going to be a long day.'

13: "Just so you know, my Quirk is Black Hole. It can save a lot of people, but it can also quickly kill them in the same way. I want you all to know that Quirks can be very dangerous, and I want you all to remember to use your Quirks with greater caution."

(Narration POV)

As 13 talked about how Quirks can easily kill, Nemo remembered something. Something she wanted to forget. She slowly moved away from the others and started shaking a bit. Then she heard someone's voice.

Aizawa: "Anemo, are you okay?"

Aizawa noticed her shaking. Anemo just nodded. Even though Aizawa was a bit strict with his students, he was still a teacher. And right now, he was doing his job. But something happened; he felt a strange atmosphere.

He looked at USJ and saw a lot of people there who shouldn't be. Aizawa jumped in front of his students.

Aizawa: "Those are real villains. 13, take the students and get out of here."

Nemo was still lost in her own world; images of her dead mother, her blood-stained hands, flashed through her mind.

Suddenly, she heard a voice; it was teacher 13.

13: "Wake up, we don't have time to stand here. We need to leave."

Nemo snapped back to reality and started running after the others.

Nemo: 'Why did I remember this? This never happened; this isn't normal. Sometimes I see it in my dreams. But never when I am awake'

Lost in her thoughts, Nemo suddenly saw darkness, and then she was completely somewhere else. It looked like there had been a landslide.

(End of a chapter)

20