Shadow in shadow 3
161 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nemo was sitting alone in the room, feeling quite tired, with Mina behind closed doors trying to get in and comfort her friend.

However, all of Mina's attempts were in vain.

Mina: "Nemo-chan, please, just answer me, are you okay?"

Nemo: "..."

Mina didn't know what to do; this was the first time this had happened to her friend, whom she had known her whole life.

She didn't know what was happening with her or why she was acting like this; for the first time in her life, Mina asked herself.

Mina: 'What do I actually know about Nemo?'

Mina realized that even though she had known Nemo her whole life, she didn't know her at all.

...

Nemo picked up her father's phone.

Father: "Give it up immediately, let it go. I don't need you to embarrass me."

Nemo: "But dad, can't you see I won? Why do you think I can't win?"

Father: "QUIET, you won't argue with me and you'll withdraw from that match."

Nemo: "I-I. NO, I'll show you, dad, that I can do it! That I'll win!"

Nemo: "Dad, I hope you'll forgive me."

The call ended, and Nemo wasn't angry at her father; she kind of understood why he was avoiding her. She's also glad he gives her money. That he hates her is purely her fault. She was just sad that he never called her daughter even once.

And she'll never forgive herself for what has she done. Never.

...

Nemo opened the door, and no one was there. She expected Mina to be there, but she wasn't anywhere.

Nemo went to watch the match.

Todoroki vs. Midoriya was just starting, and as Nemo watched, she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Huge chunks of ice and explosions of air.

Nemo watched two boys fighting each other, and neither one wants to lose.

Midoriya: "It's your power, not his!"

Todoroki's left side started burning.

Nemo looked at Midoriya, who looked terrible.

Nemo: 'Why is he helping him! He's his opponent. Idiotic Broccoli. Why is he doing this! H-h-how can he continue like this. Through that pain, unlike him... I look like a joke.'

A desire was growing in Nemo, one that had never appeared in her before. A desire to win.

...

A huge explosion was heard and seen across the huge stadium. And nothing could be seen but smoke.

As the smoke began to clear, Todoroki stood on the platform, and Midoriya, who was unconscious, was embedded in the wall.

Stretcher was ready for Midoriya. The platform began to repair.

P.Mic: "That was a really intense match, let's take a short break. I HOPE YOU'RE READY FOR THE NEXT MATCH."

...

After a short break, it was time for the next match.

P.Mic: "I hope after this short break YOU'RE READY FOR THE NEXT MATCH.

Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu stepped onto the platform. Nemo slowly walked onto the platform. She was ready to repeat what happened in the last match with Kirishima.

Midnight raised her hand.

Midnight: "Start"

Tetsutetsu ran towards Nemo and.

*Bam*

He hit himself in the face.

*Bam, Bam, Bam*

Tetsutetsu kept hitting himself. He didn't know what to do because he couldn't move, and his hands were hitting his face uncontrollably.

Normal people who came to see the future heroes were watching in pain. They didn't like it at all; it wasn't heroic at all.

They started supporting Tetsutetsu.

"Tetsutetsu, you got this"

"Don't give up, you can do it"

"Show that girl"

Tetsutetsu concentrated all his strength on himself and moved, decided to act quickly, and ran towards Nemo. He reached out his hand and struck with all his might.

But he hit empty air. Nemo deliberately let go of his shadow. Just leaned to the side and extended her leg. Because Tetsutetsu hit with all his might, he couldn't move and stumbled over the leg Nemo extended.

Midnight: "Tetsutetsu off the platform. Anemo Nemo wins."

No one applauded her. No one supported her.

Nemo: 'Why, why isn't anyone applauding me. I won after all. WHY, WHY, WHY!'

Nemo didn't understand this at all; she won, and when someone else won, there was applause behind that victory. But when she won, no one supported her.

Nemo tried to suppress her feeling again.

Nemo looked at who she would be against and realized she would probably be against Bakugo.

Nemo just went into the room where she knew no one would bother her.

History repeated itself, and Mina and Uraraka stood in her way.

Nemo was really at a turning point.

Nemo: "Get out of my way."

Nemo tried to walk through them, but Mina grabbed her hand.

Mina: "Please, Nemo, I just want to talk to you, please."

Nemo: "Talk? Just TALK? I think you had enough time for that during approximately fifteen years. And now you want to talk to me? No thanks, I have to go get ready for the next match."

Nemo broke away from Mina and walked away.

Mina: "Nemo, wait, please."

But Nemo couldn't be heard anymore; only the slamming of the door could be heard.

Uraraka watched, unable to help but hug Mina; she didn't have the whole context, but she felt a little sorry for Mina.

...

Nemo could hear her phone buzzing. She didn't want to pick it up, didn't want to hear from her father. Now she just wanted peace. She put her phone on silent mode and lay down on the bed and started crying. Nemo was feeling very fragile right now. All she wanted now was to go home and never leave her room.

...

The girls were comforting Mina, who was very sad right now. Nemo had never done this to her. And what hurt the most was that what Nemo said was true. Although she was her friend, she never really asked her how she was feeling or how she was doing.

Jiro: "I'll talk to her. Mina is sad because of her. If we can convince her to talk to Mina properly. This can't go on like this.

Uraraka: "But how do we convince her to come out of that room? She locked herself in there, and last time Mina tried to talk to her, she was silent the whole time.

(End of a chapter)

13