Chapter 7: World Domination
619 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Woosh!

As Aurelius steadily increased his velocity, ascending into the sky, the gentle breeze suddenly transformed into a gust of wind. His jet-black cloak billowed toward the forceful current.

Though Demiurge hurriedly trailed behind, Aurelius paid him no mind, continuing his vertical ascent.

After reaching a height of several hundred meters, he came to a halt, fixating his gaze solely on the night sky. The moon and stars cast a serene blue-white glow, illuminating the earth below. Each sway of the meadow seemed to light up the entire world.

In the heavens, a colossal celestial body resembling the moon shimmered amidst a sea of countless stars. Aurelius sighed in admiration, beholding the myriad stars that sparkled like precious gems.

Overview of Overlord.

A sight that the urban Earth had lost.

"Remarkable."

Environmental degradation had plagued Aurelius's former home on Earth, but in this world, gazing upon the night sky, he found himself freed from the cares he once carried.

A twinge of melancholy mingled with his emotions as he observed the multitude of stars blooming beautifully overhead.

As he watched so many beautifully blooming stars, the sound of wings fluttered in his ears.

Emerging before him was Demiurge, transformed. Large, moisture-absorbing wings sprouted from his back, and his visage shifted from human to a frog-like semblance—a manifestation of his half-demon form.

"Isn't it beautiful, Demiurge?"

"Yes, indeed, my Lord. It twinkles like a jewel box. It holds jewels to adorn you, Aurelius-sama. It feels like countless stars are welcoming you."

Demiurge uttered his sincere words without hesitation, prompting Aurelius to fall into contemplative silence.

"Do you truly believe so, Demiurge? That these stars are meant to adorn me. Perhaps they are. That is why Demiurge..."

"Yes, Aurelius-sama."

"I really want to have these jewels. I like them."

Unlike Momonga in the original, Aurelius knew exactly where this conversation was heading.

But he had no desire to stop it. He wanted to have these beautiful things only for himself.

He gazed upon the stars in quiet contemplation, extending his hand toward them—a manifestation of his insatiable greed.

"Yes, I want to monopolize it. I want to make the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick an eternal and unchanging legend, and to make these jewels exist to adorn me and Nazarick."

Upon hearing those words, Demiurge seemed to be lost in thought for a moment, then opened his mouth.

"That... That is a most compelling declaration. Should you command it, I shall mobilize the entire forces of Nazarick to procure these jewel boxes."

Aurelius offered a calm smile at Demiurge's pledge. Even Demiurge seemed to join in his amusement, his countenance absorbed in the moment.

"Demiurge, guardian of the 7th floor of the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick, can you secure all the jewels in this world for me?"

"Without a doubt, Aurelius-sama! As Demiurge, if I can contribute to the Supreme, Aurelius-sama, by obtaining all the jewels in existence, there is no greater honor for me!"

"How audacious! I commend your resolve. Now, to acquire those jewels, I wonder what strategy would be most effective."

Demiurge fell into deep thought as Aurelius fixed his gaze upon the brightest celestial body in the night sky.

Suddenly, a revelation flashed through his mind like a burst of light, and at the same time, Demiurge replied.

"World domination."

"Yes, world conquest is a fitting pursuit. To conquer all within this world's grasp and place it beneath the heel of Nazarick."

Momonga also exhibited similar behavior in the original work, but what he wanted was completely different from Aurelius.

Aurelius wanted to follow the pattern of the original, but in the process, he also wanted to take everything he took a fancy to, be it beautiful women or priceless treasures.

'And if I can't possess it, I would annihilate it, ensuring no one else could lay claim to it.'

As Aurelius reveled in his euphoria, a smirk gracing his lips, his gaze turned toward Nazarick, where the landscape was undergoing a dramatic shift.

Over a span of 100 meters, the terrain undulated like waves on the sea. Ridges sprang forth from the plains, converging and merging into a colossal mass resembling a low mountain, hurtling toward Nazarick.

The enormous amount of soil pushed in that way hit the strong walls of Nazarick and was scattered in all directions. Like a tidal wave that caused water bubbles.

"Expanding the range with a skill and utilizing a class skill as well."

For a moment, Aurelius thought that only Mare could use such a grand skill in Nazarick. With a smile on his face, he flew in the direction of Mare and started descending.

Demiurge followed behind him.

Mare, who seemed to have noticed Aurelius descending, held his staff and clasped his hands together with a nervous expression.

"Oh, welcome, welcome, Aurelius-sama!"

Mare's pronunciation was twisted because of his nervousness.

"There's no need to stress, Mare. Be at ease. You're still young, so that's okay."

"That can't be the case. Aurelius-Sama is the supreme being."

"Really? Then do whatever you want."

With a sweeping glance, Aurelius observed the neatly piled earth with admiration.

"It's remarkable what you can accomplish."

"Oh, it was just child's play!"

Aurelius graciously nodded in response to Mare's humility, seizing the opportunity to give her the ring of the Ainz Ooal Gown he had been waiting to distribute.

"That's right.. Take this."

Mare trembled in surprise when she saw the ring in his hand.

"This, this..! It's something only a supreme being can possess! I can't accept that!"

Aurelius offered her a reassuring smile, gently grabbing Mare's wrist and sliding the ring onto his left hand's index finger.

"The Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick has restricted teleportation. This ring will make it more convenient for you to move around. We can't predict the future, Mare. Consider it both a gift and a tool to aid you in your diligence for Nazarick and yourself."

Mare's eyes widened in awe, a tremor coursing through him as he beheld the gleaming ring on his finger.

"Au-Aurelius-sama! I am deeply grateful for such a prestigious gift. I vow to continue my efforts to do justice to this treasure. No, I shall strive harder than ever."

"Please, Mare."

"Yes!"

With a beaming smile, Mare met Aurelius's gaze, his youthful countenance radiating with newfound determination.

As Aurelius was talking with Mare, he heard the sound of footsteps coming closer and closer behind him.

"Aurelius-Sama, you are here?"

He turned around, guided by the voice of a woman.

"Albedo, how is your condition? You must be fatigued. Is it wise for you to be moving about?"

"It's quite alright. I am elated by Aurelius-Sama's concern for my well-being. However, I am but a servant, tasked with supporting Aurelius-Sama by his side. I implore you to be lenient with me."

Albedo clasped her hands together, bowing respectfully to Aurelius.

He nodded in acknowledgement, a wry smile playing on his lips.

"Yes, of course. Though I must insist on moderation."

"Understood."

With the exchange concluded, Aurelius turned his attention back to Mare, but a sudden chill ran down his spine, prompting him to glance back at Albedo.

Albedo's pupils widened to the point of rolling down in an instant, staring at Mare's fingers with an unusual movement, like a chameleon.

Nevertheless, her face was still as beautiful as ever, making the previous chill feel like an illusion.

But Aurelius knew this succubus better than anyone else, who, feeling his gaze, smiled and opened her mouth.

"Did I get something on my face?"

"No. I did it to give you this."

Aurelius took out another ring, like the one he had given to Mare, and handed it to Albedo.

"Albedo, as the general manager of the Guardians, you should possess this item as well."

"Thank you," she replied, her demeanor somewhat subdued, though Aurelius swiftly discerned it as a facade.

A faint twitch at the corner of Albedo's mouth hinted at the effort she exerted to maintain composure. Her restrained wings betrayed the fervent urge to flutter freely. As she received the ring, her hand, previously clenched tightly into a fist, trembled slightly upon release.

It was a very different reaction from when he had intimate sex with her.

"I anticipate your loyalty henceforth. Demiurge, I'll provide one for you later."

"Understood, Aurelius-sama. I shall endeavor to merit such a prestigious ring."

"Very well. With my tasks concluded, I shall return to the 9th floor."

Albedo, Demiurge, and Mare bowed their heads as Aurelius utilized the Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown, transporting himself to his room, where, after sleeping for a few hours, he teleported again to the Royal Suite on the 9th floor.

He sat on a chair and looked at the mirror in front of him.

The image reflected in the mirror, about 1 meter in diameter, was not him but a meadow, like a TV,

"It's very difficult to find."

Eager to proceed to his next destination, Carne Village, Aurelius scrolled through several scenes flashing across the screen.

Time passed, and he kept adjusting and playing with the mirror like that, but suddenly, at that moment, he stopped moving.

The corners of his mouth were lifted, and he relaxed in his chair.

Carne Village, his desired destination, lay before him.

"Found it."

Following this declaration, Sebas, positioned at his side, tilted his head inquisitively.

"Blood. Are the soldiers massacring the villagers?"

A group of knights armed with full body armor were brandishing swords in their hands at the people who appeared to be villagers dressed in poor clothes.

Vibrant bloodstains covered the ground as a result.

Slaughter.

Every time the knights swing their swords, the villagers fall one by one. Villagers had no countermeasures and were simply being killed by knights.

Sebas saw the scene reflected through the mirror and looked at Aurelius.

"What would you like to do, my Lord?"

"I'll intervene. Sebas, heighten Nazarick's defensive measures to the maximum. I'll lead the charge. Inform Albedo and Luminus to arm themselves fully, but Albedo is to refrain from utilizing the 'True Mu Ginnungagap,' and likewise, Luminous must abstain from wielding the 'Death Scythe of Asmodeus.' Go and relay my instructions."

As he ordered, the scene in the mirror changed to reveal a girl familiar to Aurelius, striking the knight down with her fist and trying to escape with a smaller girl who appeared to be her sister.

Swiftly accessing his inventory, Aurelius withdrew the Staff of the Devil Angel. Meanwhile, the fleeing girl sustained a grievous wound from a sword strike to her back.

Swish!

He vanished from his current location, using a specific teleportation magic.

The world around him plunged into darkness, changing scenery as he teleported, and said quietly.

"Enri Emmett. Should I use this girl as a seed feeder?"

A thought like that came to him all of a sudden.

If you don't like the story kindly don't read, no reason to give 2 star reviews like a troll and commenting "cheap trash book" all the while reading it for free. Don't put down someone's work. It just goes on to show your character and upbringing. Not to mention profile blocking so I can't even block you from the book and only report. Really, some people are more trash than shit in a toilet.

............

[For every chapter I upload here, I upload 2-3 on Patreon. The Patreon is currently 3 chapters ahead, and will get more and more ahead each day. So what are you waiting for? Join My Patreon and support me so I can write more]

https://www.patreon.com/Autistically

22