Wilderness IV
87 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hm… It seems I'll have to cut back on my plans a bit." Raiyan mumbled to himself, distracted by the obscenely large list of summonable objects.

Conjuration Magic didn't hold back in the slightest.

=[Materials]

-Katchin Ingot [MP: 150]

-Medicinal Liquid [MP: 350]

=[Consumables]

-Nutrient Paste [MP: 1]

-Bottle of Water (1L) [MP: 0.5]

=[Tools]

-Dragonball Radar [MP: 175]

-Glass Dagger [MP: 3]

=[Apparel]

-Leather Cuirass [MP: 15]

-Weighted Clothing (25kg) [MP: 25]

But while the Mundane Materialization opened up many doors, it revealed that 90% of those doors were locked. In other words, he didn't have the MP to do any of the hundreds of things he thought he'd be able to do with it.

However, when he thought about it through a lens of logic, it only made sense.

Among magic practitioners, there were only a handful of mortals in the universe who could create on the same level as the Kaioshin. Of course, he wouldn't be able to even match a common Namekian in creation ability on his first day.

Originally, he was intending to use his creation ability to isolate himself in the cave, slowly building up his power. Eventually, with enough training, he'd take over and Harvest every worthwhile being on the planet. 

His original plan had been uncharacteristically optimistic, but he wasn't surprised that reality curb-stomped it into the ground. 

Raiyan let out a snort, "It would take far too long to generate enough MP for even the basics." 

At the current rate he was generating MP, attempting to materialize something as simple as training weights would take weeks at the minimum. While Magic was a very useful tool when it came to utility, even the strongest of magic users resorted to Ki when they went into battle.

As far as pure power and force went, ki was unmatched.

So while he couldn't isolate himself fully as he planned to, he needed to use his limited resources in the most efficient manner possible. One slip up and it might be the cause of his end.

Thinking of this, Raiyan felt a bit troubled.

The subject of his weakness was a problem for sure, but there was a pressing matter that also pushed him in a certain direction.

Even if he directly focused on increasing his ki control and became a bit stronger, his power level would still stagnate due to his lack of a strong physique. Ki was a multiplier, enhancing the body rather than being a substitute. 

This was the main reason why Saiyans were so feared in the first place. Until Goku had arrived, it wasn't their transformations that made them so fearsome, but their limitless bodies. If a Saiyan kept up with their training and gained Zenkai after Zenkai, their body would be massively multiplied by their energy. 

Humans, on the other hand, were the complete opposite. They relied solely on Ki Control while their bodies were depressingly limited in comparison with the rest of the universe.

Luckily, while he couldn't reliably train his body at the moment, nothing was stopping him from improving his Ki Control. Even if it was just a little bit, the power boost from utilizing Ki is vastly different from the natural body.

"That being the case, I think I have a plan…" Raiyan's eyes shined with a glint. "Though, it's another gamble with death."

But staying weak was a gamble in and of itself, so he didn't fear failure at all.


"Hah…!"

In the quiet of the rough cavern room, the sound of Raiyan's breathing grew pronounced, a testament to the effort he was exerting at the moment. With each repetition he pushed himself further, determined to surpass his previous limits.

Beads of sweat formed on his forehead, evidence of the intensity of his effort. His arms trembled slightly, but his Ki strained itself to make ends meet, his unwavering resolve influencing its potency.

Finally, as he reached his final push-up, Raiyan collapsed to the floor. There was no sense of accomplishment, just the dull ache of his body.

Six days had passed.

In those six days, not much had happened.

After much contemplation, he'd gone ahead and gained the Ki Control skill. Of course, at F-Grade, it didn't do much.

Essentially, all he could currently do with Ki was bring it to the forefront. This concept was fairly confusing to understand as most of the universe still didn't understand the underlying principles of Ki.

Ki, when being used physically, is like a second body. If one brings their Ki to the forefront, it overlaps their physical body and makes them stronger, faster, and more durable. That was why even though some had power levels in the billions, they didn't destroy worlds with a simple step.

Because by default, no one is using their Ki for anything.

However, where it gets confusing is Ki Suppression. If everyone could suppress themselves naturally, why would that even be considered a technique? Why would the Frieza Force be so flabbergasted whenever the Z-Fighters did it?

Because that's not how it works. Ki Suppression wasn't just deciding to not use their full power. Anyone with a brain could do that.

If Ki was like a physical body, then anyone with eyes could see how big you are. Even if you don't show how strong you are, if you weigh 400 pounds at 7 feet tall, everyone can see that.

That was how scouters worked, even.

But Ki Suppression? It was the physical equivalent of temporarily shrinking one's muscles to look weaker. Something that should be impossible.

So he had an idea. 

If Ki multiplied his physique, and his energy grew in response to straining itself, then wouldn't he grow his energy reserves faster with a weak body? And once he had a strong body his energy would be much stronger than normal.

A simple push-up would be nothing if he was already physically strong… but he wasn't. Therefore, his Ki had to compensate for it, growing in response to the strain. Of course, a training method like this was both dangerous and had diminishing returns. 

But what worthwhile training method wasn't?

Since he could ignore exhaustion, he trained for nearly the whole 16 hours every day, only stopping for a drink of water or sleep. His stomach rumbled constantly, but he didn't let it affect his work ethic in the slightest.

Despite his body being so weak, this was the strongest he'd felt since his regression.

Today is the day. Raiyan didn't feel like speaking, tiredly opening up his status window to check his progress.

=[Status: Raiyan]

-Race: Human

-Power Level: 19 | Magic Points: 6

-Unique Ability: Harvest

-Perks: [-]

-Skills: Meditation (D), Mana Core (F), Conjuration Magic (F), Ki Control (F)

To increase in power level by 16 points was nothing short of amazing for just under a week's worth of training. Especially for a human without anything but bodyweight exercises.

Still, it wasn't anything to write home about. Even if he improved relatively quickly, this level of power wasn't even enough for a simple Ki blast. 

This meant that even if he had the advantage of intellect and skill, that would be nothing in the face of a vastly superior enemy. And seeing as how a simple rabbit would've killed him if he wasn't waiting for its attack, he needed a way to hunt the monsters that roamed the planet. With how thick the hides of most common animals were, simple punches wouldn't do much even with his power level.

Until he reached a sufficient level of power, he needed a force multiplier.

When it came to using his MP, he'd been keeping it to a minimum, only creating two bottles of water per day. In the end, he deemed spending on the second water bottle necessary, as he likely would've passed out if he only drank a single liter of water per day. Sadly, this meant that he only had 6 MP to work with when looking for something to even the odds against the monsters.

Eventually, he found it.

As long as I make sure it kills, this should work for one good swing. Raiyan felt as if he was trying to convince himself of this, nervous about his eventual choice. 

Because while he didn't plan to use a weapon in most battles, the weapon he chose wasn't reliable at all. It was likely designed to be used once and never again. But it was the only version of this weapon he could afford, sadly.

=[Attempting to use 'Mundane Materialization' to create 'Glass Sword'...]

=[Calculating MP Cost…]

=[Creation Cost accrued to 5 MP for 1 'Glass Sword']

=[Would you like to create 1 'Glass Sword'?]

-Yes.

-No.

Swallowing his nerves, he clicked yes on the prompt.

The plan was simple; To hunt a beast with a Lesser Soul and improve his Mana Core.

7