Introduction-Birth And Death Of A Civiliation/Protagonist Is Born
47 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deep in the sea, resting on the ocean floor lies the source of the worlds magic. A great beast as wide and tall as a mountain with a body as long as the greatest river, the corpse of a beast defeated by time covers the ocean floor, inside rest its heart, a mass of flesh free from the slow withering brought about the passing of centuries. Its heart, the container of its unending divinity continues to bless the world.

Its green scales continue to glisten even in the darkness that makes the lower sea, its fangs and claws maintain the same level of form, durability, and sharpness as they did during its adulthood. Its body is undamaged, its head, its four legs, its long tail, its genitals all perfectly fine. Every part of its body except its nose, eyes, pores, anus, are all covered in a thick pile of deep blue crystals. In fact it appears every single hole on its body has been forcibly covered in these blue crystals.

The crystals appear to be a result of the of the beast dying actions. Before it passed, when it felt its time had come it collected a large amount of human and stored them in its body taking them to the sea with it. Before it entered its eternal rest it created a safe space for the humans to live, right next  too its heart.

Next to its heart is a large green crystal filled with all the things a human would ever need. Fresh soil, vegetation, small animals, fresh air, clean drinking water made of the creatures flesh and blood to be provided within the cage for all of time.

The humans struggled, many choosing to commit suicide, some adapting a new a religion or adding a false attachment to the beast's corpse with their faith, or they simply gave up accepted their new life. 

Over time the humans began to notice the crystal cage keeping them eternally trapped growing farther, taller, and wider providing them with enough space as their population continued to expand. Eventually the crystal cage went beyond the creatures heart reaching the beginning of its limbs, neck, and tail. The humans began to explore the beast's body finding its torn and damaged organs and its ever providing heart. Every time the heart created animals for the humans to feast on an equal amount of flesh would be taken from its organs and every time the humans needed water the crystals outside its body would purify and transfer the ocean water into an artificial lake, the fresh air the humans breathed would be made by their breaths.

Over time a large tribe of religious zealots formed, worshiping the ever providing heart. The humans had established a clear hierarchy of pope, cardinals, arch bishops, bishops, high priest, priest, and devotees. Those above the rank of priest would eat the food offered to them provided by believers of the church while the rest would hunt for food, of course offering some of their spoils to the mouth pieces of god. The devotees would make homes, church's , and farms all throughout the crystal cage using pieces of the creatures ribs and organ flesh. Using everything possible, avoiding the heart and eventually creating a protective cage around it.

Every day the priest and above would live a comfortable life living off the efforts of others comfortably in the church's built with the creatures gray wood like bones and bright pink flesh, all extracted from the creatures kidneys and built within its lungs. As the people began to doubt the priest the people began to notice several changes occurring in their body, they would grow scales, horns,tails. What would grow would vary from person to person except the arch bishops and pope. 

Those that rose in rank would bear the same change. The greater your rank in the church the less human you become. The pope was an inhuman mix of man and lizard with bright green scales and two pairs of wings and the ability to create water from earth and creature from corpse, those below him would either posses a random physical related ability or would be part way through a long and gradual transformation.

All was fine and utopia had been achieved, there were no hungry and there were no more sick the undying pope maintaining peace.

For generations the people maintained a civil society until one day a female who questioned the reasoning of the church as well as what lies beyond the crystal cage she lived in all her life. What had the church erased, is there really a world out there, what is the ocean and why does the church hate it, why do only the priest become a part of the divine?

She kept her thoughts to herself since she was sure that the church would kill her. For years and years she kept to herself ignoring the indirect confirmations brought about by the priest actions, ignoring those she believed to be like minded, and ignoring the sacrifices she made to keep her piece maintaining calm at her husbands funeral.

Why was he so devoted she asked.

Why did he grow horns and a tail she asked.

Did he really love me she asked.

Her husband was a high priest who ran a small farm. He would always devote everything he could to the church giving more than fifty percent of his crops to the local church and giving the rest to the devotes leaving only a small portion for him and his wife with him often eating the majority despite the fact that the wife put in the most effort into maintaining the farm.

One day after her husbands funeral an archbishop had offered to request the pope to turn his husbands corpse into a small bird with a copy of his soul inside. She blew up releasing all her pent up emotions and thoughts on the arch bishop in front of a large audience.

He killed her and all that heard him immediately.

Those who question god will be sent up to god for judgement he said.

Soon priest swarmed her home the pope appearing within the mass in disguise. He used the powers he gained from eating a portion of the dragons heart to turn every corpse into a cloud of doves. He succeeded in transforming every corpse except one, the corpse of the widow. Instead of turning into a cloud of birds her corpse had turned into a large green round six foot tall egg.

The pope panicked and called the incident a miracle of god, claiming god told him to protect his child, he took the egg into his custody and attempted to destroy it in private failing to do so as the egg was tougher than anything ever created within all of space and time.

The pope never gave up, instead he would consume more and more the beast's heart growing in strength every year eventually taking the form of a large winged serpent. After another century had passed the people began to express an extreme hatred towards the church as the pope began to take more and more of the dragons flesh, eventually consuming the entirety of its right kidney.

The pope would continue to  attempt to break the egg while maintaining the church, personally killing all who would question him leaving the corpses to rot instead continuing the cycle of death and rebirth he had maintained and created. 

After another century the egg hatched. A small green dragon with four wings and wood like horns, the size of a human head was born. The pope in a panic attempted to kill it thinking it would work after all he had consumed half of the dragons heart.

The small dragon looked at him in confusion then suddenly became enraged. It ate the pope, starting with his wings, then his serpent like body, and finally his head. Within a week it had consumed the pope, the dragons heart, and finally its organs.

As the baby dragon finished eating, the crystal wall protecting the people within the beast's corpse shattered combining to make a large magic circle sending every living thing that lived inside it back above the ocean onto the continent of tatalania.

The humans went to random nations, the monstrous priest hunted down and killed, at least the ones weak enough to be killed.

The baby dragon was sent to a forest full of fairies. The baby dragon scared and alone began to cry out releasing a roar spreading across the entirety of the forest. The fairies went to the baby dragon preparing to kill whatever it was that scared their queen.

The baby dragon seeing the armored fairies thought to itself which one is mama? It walked to the fairies trying to grab one to sniff only to be attacked by them.

It hurts it thinks.

Why it thinks.

Your not mommy it thinks.

It begins to dig into the dirt attempting to hide itself only to have one of the fairies cast a spell forcing dirt spikes to shoot at the ground and hit him. The tiny staffs of the fairies and the barrage of spells could not damage it but that didn't matter the screaming and look of pure anger and fear of the small creatures in front of it made it scared.

I want my mommy it continues to wish it its head. 

Suddenly the fairies stop attacking, a gentle voice speaking an unknown language spread through out the forest. A tall lady with green hair and eyes wearing a dress made of vines, green gems, and unknown green cloth appeared in front of it

She tries to grab the dragon, gently speaking only to have it jump away in fear.

The baby dragon sees her green eyes and hair leading it to assume its mommy. It begins to slowly move towards her to sniff the hand she was presenting to him. She gently lifts him up and begins to cradle him.

She feels just like daddy it thinks.

She begins to gently pet it humming a slow tune.

She feels just like a mommy and she feels just like my daddy so she must be my mommy the baby dragon thinks.

It begins to fall asleep in the old woman's arms.

1