Young Master of the Falon clan vs. Young Master of the Ethos clan
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lightning Immortal...you have wrecked havoc all across Lospocia. Today...you will pay...for your crimes and betrayal of the True Human race."

Haze woke up from his dream with a tired sigh. He lazily muttered to himself, "I've paid too much...don't you think so, Cartalonus?"

"You're up?" Haze heard Mystra's voice.

He sat up. He was laying down on Mystra's lap while Alexis was sitting cross-legged with Rio sleeping on her shoulder.

"It's still night. You can sleep some more if you want." Mystra said softly as she patted her lap.

"I'm good." Haze sighed.

"Too many nightmares again?" Mystra asked.

"..." Haze just sighed.

"What are these nightmares that scare even the illustrious Young Master Haze Falon?" Mystra said sarcastically.

"These nightmares scare even the great Lightning Immortal..." Haze thinned his eyes as he remembered the scenes that haunt him from his past. He always had Madalyn to comfort him before, but now...

"I find it hard to imagine anything that can scare you. You even sent Grand Elder Connor flying." Mystra scoffed at Haze's concern.

"The world is bigger than just Talon City, Mystra." Haze said forebodingly. "Even I dread the thought of entering Fleona's Frost Forest. Or Xudroarhiel's Dragon Mountain...or Lospocia's World of Death."

"When did you learn about all these places?" Mystra asked. "When are you going to tell me how you went from the useless Young Master Haze to the mysterious and powerful Haze I see before me in a single night?"

"..." Haze took a deep breath in as he organized his thoughts. "Soon...I will tell you enough."

"Haze...can I have a hug?" Mystra asked.

"..." Haze said nothing.

"You don't even look at me anymore. I know that you love someone else, but I already like you. Can't you make an exception and make me your woman too?" Mystra asked as she rested her head on his shoulder. "Please?"

Her tone broke his heart. He had heard that tone before. In the past, or future rather, he was still a playboy, even after he married Madalyn. It was only after Madalyn had asked him with the same depressed tone to stop fooling around with other girls.

"I understand," Haze nodded, "but only one hug."

Mystra smiled lightly. "I'll save it then. I will use it when I really need it."

"Fine." Haze sighed lightly.

The two sat in silence for a small amount of time.

"Hey, Haze?" Mystra called out, her head still resting on his shoulder.

"Yes?" Haze replied as he stared into nothingness.

"Can you tell me about the beautiful places in the world? If you know the dangerous ones, then you should know the beautiful ones." Mystra softly whispered.

"Just because a place is beautiful, doesn't mean that it isn't dangerous." Haze chuckled. "For example, the World Central Peak in the Espya Empire is one of the most dangerous places in the world, but it is one of the most beautiful. I've always wanted to go there."

"With 'her'?" Mystra asked.

"Yeah...with her." Haze felt a sharp pain in his chest and grimaced.

"Are you okay?" Mystra turned her head and faced Haze.

He could feel her breath on his face. His vision went blurry as he saw a ginger haired woman over Mystra's figure. He quickly pushed her off.

"I-I'm sorry." Mystra bit her lip.

"I need some air." Haze muttered as he opened the window of the carriage and climbed on top of it.

Mystra closed the window and tucked her knees to her chest. "He really doesn't want me anymore?"

Meanwhile, Haze was hyperventilating on the roof of the carriage as he grit his teeth so hard that they bled. 'Damn it! I'm starting to hallucinate her! I really need to see her soon...'

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" Haze roared in frustration. "...I really want to go see her."

Haze went to sleep as the carriage was moving. The silence of the night and the blowing of the wind comforted him. It reminded him of when they used to travel the world looking for adventure.

He awoke in the morning with a yawn. It seemed like Talon City was in sight. He had rested well on the journey back.

"You're up?" Alexis was sitting cross-legged next to him, enjoying the views.

"I need to borrow money again, though this time, I intend to pay it back in full." Haze said as he cracked his neck.

"How much?" Alexis laughed.

"3,000 spirit stones." Haze said unapologetically.

"..." Alexis made a difficult expression. "Really? That's almost half my savings."

"I said I'd pay it back." Haze turned on Lightning Body then turned it off in an instant, causing him to wake himself up.

"Fine, give me the rest when you get your own ring." Alexis relented as she handed him her spatial ring. 'He did help me with the marriage contract.'

"Thank you." Haze smiled. "Now...if you'll excuse me."

Alexis looked at Haze standing up. "Where are you going?"

"I'm feeling restless. I want to enter the Falon Zone as soon as possible." Haze said. 'I need to go visit Maddie soon. Her dantian shouldn't be broken yet. If I remember correctly, she got her cultivation destroyed in the norther lands near the sea.'

"Suit yourself, but this weather really can't be beaten." Alexis smiled.

"Tell those two to meet up with me at the Falon Zone." Haze looked below himself. "Everything should be ready by the time you guys arrive."

"You got it." Alexis nodded.

Haze jumped off the carriage. It was going at a speed that could barely be caught up to by running, but Haze had other ideas.

Lightning Body.

Bolt.

Haze spammed Bolt as he propelled himself forward with insane speeds.

It didn't take much for him to arrive at Talon City. He slowed down so the guards could identify him. Afterwards, he dashed towards the Falon Estate, heading straight towards the main building.

Huff. Huff. Huff.

Haze breathed heavily as he stood in front of Sirius's office.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Who is it?" Sirius's voice called out.

"It's me, Haze." Haze said after composing himself.

"Oh, please, let him come in." Haze opened the door to Sirius and Matthew sharing a cup of tea.

"I'm done with the thing, I want the token for the Falon Zone." Haze said as he held his hand out.

"You still haven't apologized to Nephew Matthew here." Sirius pointed to him.

"No need." Haze sneered at Matthew. "I already established a powerful alliance with Patriarch Luke as well as annulled Matthew's and Alexis's engagement."

"What?" Sirius was shocked.

"I decided to go ahead and come first so I can get things prepared for our entrance to the Falon Zone." Haze smirked. "You can ask Elder Sister Alexis, she should be here in an hour or two."

"Well! Too bad! Because I have the token!" Matthew laughed madly.

"This wasn't part of our deal..." Haze glared at Sirius.

"I thought you'd take a few more weeks." Sirius scoffed. 'Who does this brat think he's glaring at?'

"Don't be too sad, Young Master Haze! You can have the token if you beat me in a public duel for all of Talon City to see!" Matthew mocked with laughter.

"I'll meet you in the Talon Arena in an hour. If you're not there, I'll count it as your loss and take the token forcefully." Haze scoffed as he turned around.

"I-Is he serious?" Matthew turned around to Sirius.

"Feel free to give him a lesson for me." Sirius sighed. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting."

"See you later, Father-in-law." Matthew bowed. He was eager to beat the ever living crap out of Haze since that incident almost a year ago. He was a Peak Golden Core realm and almost Master rank in using the spear. He had heard from his brother, John, that Haze had unfathomable rank, but he was only a Qi Refining realm. No matter how skillful Haze was, he wouldn't be able to beat Matthew for the simple difference in speed and power.

Meanwhile, Haze was furiously walking out of the Estate. He was walking towards the city's best weapon shop.

"Welcome!" the shopkeeper turned to Haze. "What would you like, young man?"

"4 of your best daggers, 10 of your best flying knives, and 2 of your best spears." Haze coldly ordered.

"That's quite the expensive order, boy." the shopkeeper laughed.

"How much?" Haze scoffed. He had over 7,200 spirit stones in Alexis's spatial ring.

"4,000 spirit stones." the shopkeeper smirked.

"..." Haze opened his mouth but nothing came out. He then grit his teeth. "Can I see them first?"

"Of course!" the shopkeeper laughed. He assumed that Haze didn't have the money. He just wanted to entertain this young man and show him what real cultivator equipment looks like.

The middle-aged shopkeeper pulled out 4 daggers all with runes on them. Next, 10 flying knives with runes covering every inch off them. Finally, he took out the spears, each one had an special array within.

"Realm weapons!" Haze's eyes went wide in recognition. "I'll take the daggers, 6 flying knives, and a spear!"

"That will still cost you 2,600 spirit stones." the shopkeeper sighed.

"Here." Haze dropped the enormous sum of money on the counter.

"A-Alright! I'll get their boxes right away!" the shopkeeper ran off and packaged the equipment. He handed Haze a spatial ring.

"What's this?" Haze picked it up. "A spatial ring?"

"Your merchandise is inside. You can keep the ring, as a gift for your patronage." the shopkeeper smiled.

"..." Haze smiled back. He then put out his hand for a handshake. "Haze."

"Name's Ron! Pleasure doing business with you, Haze!" Ron shook his hand with a wide grin.

Haze then left the store. 'Old man cheered me up. I should meet up with Rio to get some money.'

'Now...' Haze put on a mask he found in Alexis's spatial ring. He started running through the streets.

"Everyone!! Everyone!! Young Master Haze of the Falon clan is going to duel Young Master Matthew from the Ethos clan at the Talon Arena!! Don't miss it!! Don't miss it!!!" Haze kept yelling as he ran.

After a few minutes of running through the streets, Haze slipped into an alleyway and took off the mask. He then ran towards the gate. He was going to meet up with Rio and Mystra and have them run back with him.

As he left Talon City and was running towards their carriage, Haze actually found Rio and Mystra full sprinting to the city.

"Haze!" Mystra called out as she barely stopped herself. "You came back?"

"Both of you, turn on Lightning Body. We're rushing to the city." Haze ordered as he turned on Lightning Body.

The two followed behind him immediately. As they were running, Mystra asked. "What's going on?"

"I'm dueling Matthew. Rio, go start a betting table at the Talon Arena." Haze gave them the gist of it.

"Why me? I wanna see you duel!" Rio protested.

"Everyone already recognizes Mystra as my subordinate, they'll think it's rigged. You go man it." Haze sighed.

"Matthew Ethos is almost a Master rank and is a Peak Golden Core cultivator. How are you going to beat him?" Mystra asked with concern. She knew that until the Escoile Tournament, Haze wanted to be lowkey.

"Playtime is over. I'm going to show off a little." Haze sneered at the mention of Matthew. With the addition of his new weapons, he was confident in killing Alexis, let alone Matthew.

"Damn it!! I demand a cut from the earnings if I have to miss you going all out!" Rio protested as they neared the gate.

"Alright. Break off from our group here, we don't want people seeing us together." Haze nodded.

"Also, here." Haze took out two of the daggers from his spatial ring and gave them to Rio, he gave the other two to Mystra. "These daggers conduct Qi. If you use lightning through them, it'll cost you way less Qi."

"Thanks!" Rio said as he broke off from the group.

"Thank you, Haze." Mystra smiled in happiness as she tried her new weapons.

"Don't thank me yet. You can thank me when we win that damn tournament!" Haze smirked madly as he ran to the Talon Arena.

0