Chapter 8:2nd day of the event(1), Isabella vs Aya
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 8: 2ND DAY OF THE EVENT (1)

The 2nd day was about to start and Kaito woke up early and was warming up in the other world when a sudden quest appeared, it said: "It seems that the player doesn't use any weapon and upon checking the player's situation he needs a weapon. Urgent quest: Find a weapon and master it until the time runs out, penalty upon failure is DEATH. Duration of quest: Until the tournament ends. Notice: The player's progress can be seen on the screen and the quest will be completed when it hits 100% for any weapon."

Kaito was confused, he said in his mind, 'Another quest, I hate this and it didn't even give me what kind of weapon I had to use and my time duration is until the event ends, I don't have much time better make a plan.' Kaito was a little frustrated and afraid he can't complete the quest but a little gust of wind blew in the forest he was training in and he got determination to complete this quest and find and master a new weapon. He uttered <Return> to return back to his world and search for a weapon before the event started.

As he arrived back in his world, the sun was rising and because the 2nd day of the event starts at about two hours after sunrise he had to hurry. He went to the bathroom, changed his clothes, ate something, and went out.

Kaito was covering his face and moving from shop to shop looking for a weapon, as it became common for people to buy weapons if they go on dungeon raids, these people are called hunters, and so weapons could be found easily, but that wasn't the case for Kaito as he couldn't find a weapon that fitted his taste as he didn't like to hold weapons normally and his preferred fighting style was body combat.

Kaito searched for about 1 hour and was about to give up and go home but, as he was walking he sensed something from a rundown-looking shop in a near alleyway. He wanted to check it out so he went there carefully. He came near the shop and knocked; a guy who looks a little younger than him opened the door, he was a little skinny and smelled. Kaito asked if he could come in, and the person let him in; his name was Haruto and he was the owner of the shop.

Kaito asked him for any kind of weapon he has, and Haruto looked a little mad and said, "Tch.....Damn Hunters." Kaito, who heard this, thought if Haruto hated Hunters as he was looking around the shop.

Moments later, Haruto came with two boxes, one containing a brass knuckle and the other one containing a long sword. Kaito looked at them for a while and was about to choose the brass knuckle as it was a hand combat weapon, but when he held out his hand to reach it he felt something from behind him, some kind of energy calling to him----it was coming from two daggers that had a weird design than normal daggers.

He asked Haruto about the daggers, and Haruto replied, "Oh those daggers, take them away if you want them, they are cursed objects that remind me of the hunters who betrayed my brother." Kaito wanted to know what that was about, but as he saw the time, he was running late. Kaito said he would take the daggers later today and left in a hurry.

10 minutes later as everyone calmed down the 2nd day of the event was about to begin as Kaito and Ryota passed by lottery the other 8 were gonna fight and the most anticipated match were, Isabella vs Aya and Alex vs Hyuga.

The first two matches were finished fast and the two who passed were going to go up against Kaito and Ryota later but now the world was focused on the two matches which had Nation rankers in it. Some minutes passed and the matches were about to begin and first was Aya vs Isabella.

Most people thought Aya was going to win except the players.
 

The match was about to start and the two were on stage warming up, waiting for the referee's signal. The referee signaled the start of the match and as he did, Aya went on the offensive and kicked Isabella, Isabella blocked the kick with one hand and said, "Oh you have improved" and Aya replied, "You haven't seen anything yet" and pulled back her leg and jumped back.

The match restarted again, but this time it was Isabella on the offensive. She dashed to Aya and threw a punch, a very strong one, but Aya blocked it by using both her arms and Isabella said," Never leave yourself open" and kicked her in the stomach and Aya went to the sky and Isabella followed her.

Meanwhile in the air, Aya was dominating Isabella even though Isabella seemed to get a good start. Aya was dodging most attacks that she deemed threatening and countering when she got an opening. Isabella who was a little enraged by Aya's constant dodging, decided to attack more furiously and she did, right arm punch, left leg kick, right arm again, left arm, right arm, right leg, the attacks kept coming more faster and Aya was getting a little troubled by the attacks of Isabella, at last after a lot of attacks Isabella managed to return Aya back to the ground by an unpresented attack-- A headbutt.

The spectators and Kaito were a little confused as to how Aya and Isabella stayed in the air for several minutes. Kaito wondered if players had flying abilities and some other hidden abilities that he didn't know of. As if he was reading his mind Ryota said, "Yes they can, weren't you wondering if players could fly? If so the answer is yes, I'm actually quite surprised that you didn't find out yourself" as he sat besides him in the waiting room.

Kaito was surprised to hear that and how he hadn't discovered the ability yet.
 

As the match continued Isabella was getting stronger, rather Aya was being drained of her stamina.

The match seemed like it was going Isabella's way but then Aya paused for a second and mana was being gathered towards her feet and all the players felt the mana and even the spectators felt shivers down their spine.

Isabella smiled softly and said, "Oh so you are using your special move, then I will use one of mine as well" as she said that she was also gathering her own mana but unlike Aya who was gathering it around her, Isabella was absorbing it into her body.

"Don't underestimate me master" said Aya as she said that the mana which had been gathered scattered all around the stadium and Aya said, "Special move art: High note" as she said that Isabella experienced great pressure pressing on her and Isabella said, "Even though your AOE is smaller than ever, its pressure is high.....but that doesn't mean you can beat me" as she said that a weapon was materializing on her hand and she said, "Special move: Butcher mode, Berserk"

Isabella was holding a big meat cleaver and she withstood the pressure that was upon her and stood up after that, in a flash she was in front of Aya and she said, "You have a great skill, but its downfall is , you are wide open when using it" and she hit her with the meat cleavers handle and Aya flew out of the stadium and that decided the winner, Isabella Martinez.

That was the first match of the day and Kaito was surprised by how strong those two were and he knew that rank doesn't actually mean that the lower rank can't beat the higher rank.

This match was a spectacle for the spectators to watch and now everyone was excited for the 2nd match between Alex and Nakamura. Those two had warmed up and were going out the tunnel and they got on the stadium moments later and were waiting for the referee's signal. The referee signaled the start and the 2nd match had gone underway.

CHAPTER END

0